The discovery thread!
Jan 25, 2013 at 7:37 PM Post #6,437 of 100,489
Like Dsnuts, I got my CKN50's today. Really like them so far; they're very similar to the CKM500's but Dsnuts' earlier notes about them are accurate. I'm not too thrilled with the cable, but it could be worse. I'm also glad AT used the same nozzles as the CKM500's so I can use my Complys for both.

When they go on sale in a few weeks I'll probably pick up a pair of the CKN70's; I'm really curious as to what the differences are.

Jan 25, 2013 at 8:06 PM Post #6,439 of 100,489
ES700. People see you with these cans on. What it says is. 1) Your a member of Headfi. 2) You have excellent taste in style 3) Most importantly you will enjoy the sound from them and look good doing it.. 4)These might make you the envy of any soundophile out there.. These were calling my name every time I logged onto Amazon Japan. Call it a feeling after getting the CKS1000, the AD900X,

AT is getting serious about their sound it seems.

I bought a bunch of Sennheiser double flange tips from ebay for $7 to use with my FXZ earphones. They fit on these and sound perfect. Try out wider nozzle tips on these.

Jan 25, 2013 at 8:37 PM Post #6,442 of 100,489
Quote:

Honey Boo Boo in pirate garb.

For the love of god don't google it!!!
blink.gif
I was like what the ef' is a "Honey Boo Boo." LMAO

Jan 25, 2013 at 8:50 PM Post #6,444 of 100,489
One thing I forgot to mention about the Somics:

BURN THEM...

in.

The upper midrange is a little bit shouty out of the box. Give it some time/ Shure pads and it'll simmer down nicely. It's been two months since I got mine, and I've been using them a lot, so give yours some time to catch up.

Jan 25, 2013 at 9:14 PM Post #6,450 of 100,489
Quote:
One thing I forgot to mention about the Somics:

BURN THEM...

in.

The upper midrange is a little bit shouty out of the box. Give it some time/ Shure pads and it'll simmer down nicely. It's been two months since I got mine, and I've been using them a lot, so give yours some time to catch up.

Do the Somics have some degree of muddy sound, that is bassy mids?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back