The discovery thread!
Aug 24, 2013 at 9:23 PM Post #13,396 of 103,473
Quote:
Nah, don't worry I'm definitely not after your title but there are plenty of young guns who might make you work for it again.
As far as the DAC talk - I'll be skipping on the geek. It's definitely interesting but I have zero use for anything above 24/96 coz the difference in sq is so minor it can't justify the file size to save its life.  At the most i might pick up the new asynchronous Hifimediy to test it

I'm interested in that one too, let us know if you get it.

Aug 24, 2013 at 9:51 PM Post #13,397 of 103,473
Quote:
Nah, don't worry I'm definitely not after your title but there are plenty of young guns who might make you work for it again.
As far as the DAC talk - I'll be skipping on the geek. It's definitely interesting but I have zero use for anything above 24/96 coz the difference in sq is so minor it can't justify the file size to save its life.  At the most i might pick up the new asynchronous Hifimediy to test it

^ Welp looks like it's open season for some troll huntin' ..... anyone game???

Please be gentle. 
tongue.gif

I would be more interested in that geek dac if it could be also used as a portable amp/dac thing with your mp3 players/ smartphones. Some has stated that it might work as an external dac with smartphones via a OTG cable??? Hope that's true. Fingers crossed!!!
popcorn.gif

Quote:
@Dsnuts, you might be interested in this phone: http://www.head-fi.org/t/678441/signature-acoustics-c-12-review.  Joker also reviewed them on #294.  I thought they might be up your alley for a budget bass heavy iem.  I think it is the first iem out of India.

Hmmm interesting, maybe you can send it to the nutman for an audition??? Mochill should be all over this thing then, dat Indian national pride!!! C'mon chill show me whatcha got.
ksc75smile.gif

Aug 24, 2013 at 10:37 PM Post #13,400 of 103,473
Aug 24, 2013 at 11:43 PM Post #13,401 of 103,473
Quote:
No ish Sherlock.
ksc75smile.gif

You better sell that C3 of yours ASAP or it's gonna be worthless soon, i'll take it off your hands for $50.
tongue.gif

So worthless, and yet so priceless - I am in no hurry to lose the C3/BH combo my friend :)

Aug 25, 2013 at 12:52 AM Post #13,404 of 103,473
Quote:
Has anybody given the Sony MDR-EX210 a listen?
13.5mm drivers in each ear for just $25 off Amazon! Sounds insane. 

I have, I was fairly unimpressed.  The bass lacked control and the clarity wasn't great.  Reasonable for a $25 headphone perhaps, but IMHO not worth it when there are headphones like the 3590/FX40 floating around for cheaper.  Burn in might have improved them a bit but I returned them after two days.

Aug 25, 2013 at 1:15 AM Post #13,405 of 103,473
Quote:

Does the X5 sound better? What are the differences? I could wait a bit more and get the best one.

It will be a higher end Dap from Fiio.. Supposedly will be released towards the end of this year. It will be I am gonna guess around $300-$400 depending on components..
Quote:
@Dsnuts, you might be interested in this phone: http://www.head-fi.org/t/678441/signature-acoustics-c-12-review.  Joker also reviewed them on #294.  I thought they might be up your alley for a budget bass heavy iem.  I think it is the first iem out of India.

Interesting. I will send you a PM I will check em out. Thanks for the offer Shane. Never heard an earphone from India. Could this be the beginning of a new wave of Phones from the 2rd most populated country in the world? Could India be the next hotbed of new edgy but cheap headphone manufacturers?.

Aug 25, 2013 at 1:40 AM Post #13,406 of 103,473
It will be a higher end Dap from Fiio.. Supposedly will be released towards the end of this year. It will be I am gonna guess around $300-$400 depending on components..
Interesting. I will send you a PM I will check em out. Thanks for the offer Shane. Never heard an earphone from India. Could this be the beginning of a new wave of Phones from the 2rd most populated country in the world? Could India be the next hotbed of new edgy but cheap headphone manufacturers?.

I'm planning on getting the X5 as it becomes available for pre-order. Fingers crossed.

And yeah, those look to be really interesting, not sure how I feel about it being bass forward but the packaging and build alone is amazing. Casing made from a single block of bronze, wooden housing. Mmmmm aesthetics.

Aug 25, 2013 at 6:19 AM Post #13,409 of 103,473
Dsnuts

you should also get the DX50. you know you want it. you could be one of those who has both x3 and DX50 and make a good comparison. (and make me feel better about choosing DX50 over the X3)
biggrin.gif

oh and btw - how does the xb90ex sound out from the X3? is there too much warmth in tandem, or does the x3 underline the greatness of the XB90EX's prowess? Sony has a pretty wide soundstage but the depth isn't as much as the width, so maybe the X3 which is said to be deeper than wider will make a good coupling with Sonys? That "black background" (or as I understand it, no hiss whatsoever) might also help the xb90ex...

Aug 25, 2013 at 11:06 AM Post #13,410 of 103,473
Honestly, the xb90ex is quite a different iem compared to most of all these new iems lately, which are meant to be more balanced. The xb just throws bass at you...

Also i do wonder if there are any bassier and more controlled iems on the market currently :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back