The discovery thread!
Aug 7, 2013 at 2:48 AM Post #12,766 of 100,512
^ Sf that's when we swoop in quickly and scoop up all the stray CKS1000 before they realize what they have done.... perfect tactical precision...

Aug 7, 2013 at 2:54 AM Post #12,767 of 100,512
^ But....... but ... what will happen to all of us when the nutman hypes the sh!T outta them after he gets them. :triportsad:

yeppp payback is indeed gonna be a....................................... for all of us. :  (

I is afraid very afraid. :veryevil:

*unphased* I know for a fact that the Onkyos have exceeded mt expectations in the single dynamic IEMs department for me so it's going to happen all over again when they hit amazon. Get your wallets ready. :veryevil:

And no, not going to hype them up. I'll let Danny and Eric do that when they get them

Aug 7, 2013 at 3:05 AM Post #12,768 of 100,512
Quote:
^ Sf that's when we swoop in quickly and scoop up all the stray CKS1000 before they realize what they have done.... perfect tactical precision...

Yeppp perfect plan there nick, your big ol' heart always has room for them dusty has-beens.
tongue.gif

Such a kind dood.
beerchug.gif

Quote:
*unphased* I know for a fact that the Onkyos have exceeded mt expectations in the single dynamic IEMs department for me so it's going to happen all over again when they hit amazon. Get your wallets ready.
very_evil_smiley.gif

And no, not going to hype them up. I'll let Danny and Eric do that when they get them

Ah, c'mon nuff said.
tongue.gif

... strap yourself in and enjoy the ride.
wink_face.gif

Aug 7, 2013 at 5:23 AM Post #12,769 of 100,512
What exactly is "imagery" or "imaging"? People say the AD900X aren't very good at it, but I don't know if I agree. I assumed it was how good of a picture the headphones can create in your head, but I have no problem doing that with these headphones. So I'm not sure if my definition is correct. I'll be posting my impressions and a semi-lengthy review in the near future if anyone is interested.

Aug 7, 2013 at 8:22 AM Post #12,770 of 100,512
Those M200s look good. However, the ear hook things just don't agree with my ears / glasses unfortunately. So many choices to consider for my next upgrade; ATH-CKS1000, Onkyo IE-HD300, Philips Fidelio S2 or wait for Carbo Doppio?

Aug 7, 2013 at 8:28 AM Post #12,771 of 100,512
Quote:
Those M200s look good. However, the ear hook things just don't agree with my ears / glasses unfortunately. I can't decide between the IE-HF300 and the CSK1000 

Do you like a lot of bass, if so take the CKS1k, if not HF300. 

Aug 7, 2013 at 10:36 AM Post #12,774 of 100,512
Quote:
What exactly is "imagery" or "imaging"? People say the AD900X aren't very good at it, but I don't know if I agree. I assumed it was how good of a picture the headphones can create in your head, but I have no problem doing that with these headphones. So I'm not sure if my definition is correct. I'll be posting my impressions and a semi-lengthy review in the near future if anyone is interested.

I think it's just how accurately the headphone allows you to place/see instruments around you when listening to a track. Since the AD900X were my first open pair of headphones, I was so blown away by the way they made my music sounded that I didn't realize their shortcomings at first. I hadn't had the opportunity to try a lot of high quality headphones at the time so I didn't have much to compare it to. But then after 7 months of listening to it, getting the WS99 and CKS1000, and also also hearing some other headphones from friends, I began to realize I had a hard time pinpointing the placement of instruments with the AD900X in comparison. It was almost like seeing without my glasses/contacts on; I generally could see where things were but I couldn't get a very clear picture. I felt like even the WS99 gave me a clearer picture of my music, so now I'm itching for an upgrade after reading a_recording's review about the AD1000X's improvements in imaging. Decided I might as well go for broke with the AD2000X, just waiting for the amazon.jp prices to drop!

Aug 7, 2013 at 10:45 AM Post #12,775 of 100,512
I think it's just how accurately the headphone allows you to place/see instruments around you when listening to a track.

There's also their size, density, occasionally gravity, interaction with the soundstage, eg level-ness to the eye/ear, weight, energy, definition, often depth bias, blah blah blah. These all begin to tie into the overall sound to varying degrees, forming an overall sonic image IMO. It's fun stuff lol.

Aug 7, 2013 at 11:18 AM Post #12,776 of 100,512
So DannyBai, have you heard the TDK BA200? If so, how does the M200 compare to that dual driver, or the TDK IE800? Thanks.

Aug 7, 2013 at 11:31 AM Post #12,777 of 100,512
Let me summarize recent discovery thread  WALLET DAMAGE CONTROL possibilities:

X1  249.00
KEF  M200   200.00  M400 299.00
S2   150.00
CKS1000  250.00
X3 200.00  and i would add:
ifi usb power supply 199.00
gemini y cable for ifi usb power supply  179.00

any i left out??  not to mention DSnuts new favorite Audio-gd source gear

who needs to eat when the above audio gear is now available???

of course, in the world of high end audio, these are all relative "bargains" being under 1K and of oourse portable.

Aug 7, 2013 at 11:38 AM Post #12,779 of 100,512
Btw, it seems that Vsonic is really aiming for total market domination. They'll be releasing their first portable headphones in September (supposedly around $30) followed by circumaural headphones in October (supposedly less than $160). And also they've officially started development on their own DAP and the CEO claims they have hired first-class designers to work on it. I'm pretty excited given the price to performance ratio all vsonic products have

Users who are viewing this thread

Back