The discovery thread!
Aug 7, 2013 at 12:17 PM Post #12,781 of 100,525
Btw, it seems that Vsonic is really aiming for total market domination. They'll be releasing their first portable headphones in September (supposedly around $30) followed by circumaural headphones in October (supposedly less than $160). And also they've officially started development on their own DAP and the CEO claims they have hired first-class designers to work on it. I'm pretty excited given the price to performance ratio all vsonic products have

Good stuff. October would be right in time for winter. I prefer IEMs for outdoors and I just sold off all my portable headphones, but when it gets really cold I'll probably want something that sounds good while doubling as earmuffs :D

Aug 7, 2013 at 12:21 PM Post #12,782 of 100,525
Quote:
the new vsd1 are growing on me, especialy
 great for rock and ryhthmn based music.. great timbre... and pace

Yeah, the VSD1 is pretty good. Like most of the other vsonic iems it's the type that grows on you and you need to spend time with it to start appreciating how good it actually is. I really like it for chillaxing and just enjoying my music in bed, for instance. Initially I was going to use it in the gym but in the end the VSD1S with its tighter and more impactful bass got that position.

Aug 7, 2013 at 12:44 PM Post #12,784 of 100,525
Should have my X3 tomorrow.

Aug 7, 2013 at 1:38 PM Post #12,785 of 100,525
Quote:
Yeah, the VSD1 is pretty good. Like most of the other vsonic iems it's the type that grows on you and you need to spend time with it to start appreciating how good it actually is. I really like it for chillaxing and just enjoying my music in bed, for instance. Initially I was going to use it in the gym but in the end the VSD1S with its tighter and more impactful bass got that position.

Yup, they are my chillaxing in bed iems as well. And their flush fit is an advantage when lying down. They are also my biking iems. They are great.

Aug 7, 2013 at 1:44 PM Post #12,786 of 100,525
Quote:

Yup, they are my chillaxing in bed iems as well. And their flush fit is an advantage when lying down. They are also my biking iems. They are great.

Yeah, they are great for bed as they are completely flush. I guess they we'll be great for biking too as they don't pick up wind noise but I haven't used any iems for biking since I was hit by an imbecile driver

Aug 7, 2013 at 1:50 PM Post #12,787 of 100,525
the Bassos are Unnatural sounding in a monstrous wonderful way for electronica and drum bass rock. they do have a great mid and treble front end though too.
the VSD1s  are lighter and more lyrical and natural sounding.  i can understand why listening to then in bed would be pleasant. The Bassos are not for relaxing with,
they energize and thrill and are "monstrous" .... ha...

Aug 7, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #12,789 of 100,525
Aug 7, 2013 at 5:06 PM Post #12,790 of 100,525
Quote:
I received the biggest in-ears I've ever possessed today.  Thankfully the sound is just as big.  

You know what they say. Go big or go home!

Anyway, sounds like they were trying both for a big sound that is also well balanced. I like that. Too much of the bigger bass phone having the bigger, more immersive stages while the more balanced phones usually aren't as big sounding.

Aug 7, 2013 at 5:36 PM Post #12,791 of 100,525
Quote:
Yeah, they are great for bed as they are completely flush. I guess they we'll be great for biking too as they don't pick up wind noise but I haven't used any iems for biking since I was hit by an imbecile driver

Sorry to hear you got hit! I ride with my lights on all of the time, and I also have a helmet mounted rear view mirror which I won't ride without - it helps me spot the imbeciles coming so that I can at least brace for impact! But yeah, the vsd1's are perfect for biking - flush as you say so very little wind resistance. And they are not totally isolating and I don't crank them up toooo loud, so I can hear enough of my surroundings to feel somewhat safe.

Aug 7, 2013 at 5:41 PM Post #12,792 of 100,525
Quote:
Sorry guys but the M200's are the real deal.  Ban me if my hype isn't real after a listen.  These things are unbelievable.  Can't wait for eric and dweaver to get their pair to back me…hopefully.  
smile.gif

I'm in heaven for 200 bucks when I was gonna save and pull a grand on something else.  Whew!!

I think I'll just put you on my ignore list right now. Dsnuts is already on it. I might as well put ericp10 on it now as well since he is getting both the M200 and the M500's (which I am trying not to lust after), and he is as ruthless as the both of you. 
size]

Aug 7, 2013 at 5:56 PM Post #12,793 of 100,525
Quote:
You know what they say. Go big or go home!

Anyway, sounds like they were trying both for a big sound that is also well balanced. I like that. Too much of the bigger bass phone having the bigger, more immersive stages while the more balanced phones usually aren't as big sounding.

Not sure if I'm hearing it correctly but this earphone sounds very big to me but it's well rounded so it doesn't sound cavernous like the R1 and somewhat on the 1K's.  I guess the stage is quite balanced too.  
Quote:

I think I'll just put you on my ignore list right now. Dsnuts is already on it. I might as well put ericp10 on it now as well since he is getting both the M200 and the M500's (which I am trying not to lust after), and he is as ruthless as the both of you. 
size]

You can only ignore for so long Wayne.  Your as guilty as I am for grabbing the hyped gear.  
deadhorse.gif

Aug 7, 2013 at 6:19 PM Post #12,794 of 100,525
Quote:
You can only ignore for so long Wayne.  Your as guilty as I am for grabbing the hyped gear.  
deadhorse.gif

I may be guilty of grabbing the hyped gear. But I never - and I repeat NEVER - hype the gear once I have it!
ph34r.gif

Aug 7, 2013 at 6:23 PM Post #12,795 of 100,525
Someone should consider doing an "Hot Items of the Discovery thread" weekly post. There are just tons of things mentioned intermittently.

I've been trying to keep track of some of the foreign/not yet imported IEMs, waiting for them to become available in the US.

I'm going to have to read a lot more into the FiiO X3. I figure eventually i'm going to upgrade to a new Iphone with the new lightning connector, which i only recently realized doesn't have an analog audio out, so there's no good way to connect it to my amp. This means for once i'll need a good DAP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back