The discovery thread!
Aug 8, 2013 at 11:12 AM Post #12,811 of 100,507
i would say. iMO, that the VSD!s are  a great mid fi all around iem, very pleasant sounding and energetic.  However the Bassos have much more dramatic impact attack and wider soundstage that  is almost "over the edge" but works well for electronic, esp. psytrance.  the Tenores are a polite, refined more accurate iem that reminds me of my xba3s, and sounds more like studio refined sound than the live sound of the Bassos.  as Mark Twain said, "you pays your money and you take your choice"
all 3 need extensive burn in, in fact, i did not enjoy the vsd1s until about 100 hours of burn in when they changed and become less shrill and the bass increased and became more
impactful and less fuzzy. so burn baby burn!

Aug 8, 2013 at 12:51 PM Post #12,812 of 100,507
Got my X3 and microSDXC card today. Probably won't have time to play and load it until I get home on my iMac. Can I charge it from the wall outlet now though? I haven't opened the box yet.

Aug 8, 2013 at 1:00 PM Post #12,813 of 100,507
Quote:
It's Heaven IV. I'm surprised they didn't jack up the price more.

Has anyone here had any experience with the FAD Heaven IV or the Heaven series in general? I've heard that they're actually quite good and would like the opinions of the trained ears at this thread. Haven't tried any BA iems before and might throw these in with my AD2000X tenso order.

Aug 8, 2013 at 1:22 PM Post #12,814 of 100,507
Quote:
Got my X3 and microSDXC card today. Probably won't have time to play and load it until I get home on my iMac. Can I charge it from the wall outlet now though? I haven't opened the box yet.

It is better for the battery if the first few charges are full charge-discharge cycles, it will unleash the battery full capacity.. Even better if you don't use it during this time, just keep it off. So drain the left charge in battery first, then turn it off and leave it on the charger until is fully charged, repeat 2 more times.

Aug 8, 2013 at 2:15 PM Post #12,816 of 100,507
Has anyone here had any experience with the FAD Heaven IV or the Heaven series in general? I've heard that they're actually quite good and would like the opinions of the trained ears at this thread. Haven't tried any BA iems before and might throw these in with my AD2000X tenso order.

I'm not a common poster on this thread but,

Ears more trained than mine say that if you're gonna shell out for the IV, then just spend a bit more for the V which is much more representative of the FAD house sound than the IV. Unless you want to go all out in which case get the VI.

Also DO IT! :D
The Heaven V is incredibly unique and fantastic.

Aug 8, 2013 at 2:57 PM Post #12,817 of 100,507
Quote:
I'm not a common poster on this thread but,

Ears more trained than mine say that if you're gonna shell out for the IV, then just spend a bit more for the V which is much more representative of the FAD house sound than the IV. Unless you want to go all out in which case get the VI.

Also DO IT!
biggrin.gif

The Heaven V is incredibly unique and fantastic.

Aw man, the V is over twice the cost of the IV, makes it a lot harder to just throw them into my order without a second thought... Is there any sonic differences between the V and V aging? Also, how do they compare to your other BA iems? I stayed away from BAs because of their weaker low end and after getting used to the bass of the CKS1k, I'm unsure if the base on the Heaven will be enough.

Aug 8, 2013 at 4:09 PM Post #12,818 of 100,507
So just took a listen to the X3 briefly (it's charging up now), and it blows away any iPod I own (Sony too). Those who say it sounds veiled, I just want to shake you and say, "huh?"

Aug 8, 2013 at 4:22 PM Post #12,819 of 100,507
Quote:

Heaven IV is very good, bass is amazing.
Can be had for 174$, but I think the case is worth the extra money
http://www.accessoryjack.com/final-audio-design-heaven-iv-balancing-air-movement-in-ear-headphones-black-fi-he4bbl.html

Aug 8, 2013 at 4:48 PM Post #12,820 of 100,507
Aw man, the V is over twice the cost of the IV, makes it a lot harder to just throw them into my order without a second thought... Is there any sonic differences between the V and V aging? Also, how do they compare to your other BA iems? I stayed away from BAs because of their weaker low end and after getting used to the bass of the CKS1k, I'm unsure if the base on the Heaven will be enough.

See below about prices, unless you are getting one heck of a deal on the IV, it's not even close to 2x in price. The VI is though, maybe you saw that one?

The bass has fantastic extension and does not roll off down to 20hz compared to 1k, though there is a very slight midbass bump, which I like tbh. It's not a seriously boosted low end but it's certainly not weak or missing, and very good dynamics back it up. It might sound not enough compared to a bass heavy set or IEMs but the sound is likely going to be so different that it'll barely overlap in your caring about it (this is a guess).

They sound nothing like any other BA I've heard, yet. They hardly sound like a BA at all, IMO.

I've only seen one random Japanese review that says the V and the V Aging sound different. Then there's a head-fier's review up on the Musica Acoustics blog that says there is little to no audible difference between them and it's a cosmetic thing.

They're reasonably linear from 20hz-10k, with little curves in all the right places. :wink:

I haven't heard the CKS1000 nor seen an FR graph to be able to comment on it's bass, but I own the ASG-2 which comparatively sounds like it has a good amount more powerful bass than the Heaven V and the bass difference never bothers me because it works with the HV's sound, which is very different. Whether you'll feel the same way, I dunno.

Heaven IV is very good, bass is amazing.
Can be had for 174$, but I think the case is worth the extra money
http://www.accessoryjack.com/final-audio-design-heaven-iv-balancing-air-movement-in-ear-headphones-black-fi-he4bbl.html

The Heaven V can be had for about $251 on Amazon Japan so if you're already spending near 200 on the IV, it's about 25-30% more. The Heaven IV are supposed to be very good but less exemplary of the FAD house sound from what I've heard.

What's wrong with the cigarette case? I want one. :frowning2:

Aug 8, 2013 at 5:21 PM Post #12,821 of 100,507
Quote:
See below about prices, unless you are getting one heck of a deal on the IV, it's not even close to 2x in price. The VI is though, maybe you saw that one?

The bass has fantastic extension and does not roll off down to 20hz compared to 1k, though there is a very slight midbass bump, which I like tbh. It's not a seriously boosted low end but it's certainly not weak or missing, and very good dynamics back it up. It might sound not enough compared to a bass heavy set or IEMs but the sound is likely going to be so different that it'll barely overlap in your caring about it (this is a guess).

They sound nothing like any other BA I've heard, yet. They hardly sound like a BA at all, IMO.

I've only seen one random Japanese review that says the V and the V Aging sound different. Then there's a head-fier's review up on the Musica Acoustics blog that says there is little to no audible difference between them and it's a cosmetic thing.

They're reasonably linear from 20hz-10k, with little curves in all the right places.
wink.gif

I haven't heard the CKS1000 nor seen an FR graph to be able to comment on it's bass, but I own the ASG-2 which comparatively sounds like it has a good amount more powerful bass than the Heaven V and the bass difference never bothers me because it works with the HV's sound, which is very different. Whether you'll feel the same way, I dunno.
The Heaven V can be had for about $251 on Amazon Japan so if you're already spending near 200 on the IV, it's about 25-30% more. The Heaven IV are supposed to be very good but less exemplary of the FAD house sound from what I've heard.

Actually right now the IV is 13,180 yen while the V is 24,299 yen on Amazon Japan, so it's getting close to being twice the price. Seems like the V is really amazing though, for much less than the VI, and it's good to know that bass isn't lacking. I've been kinda wanting a pair of IEMs to compliment my CKS1k and these could definitely be it. Your review on the FAD appreciation thread has been quite convincing to say the least.

Aug 8, 2013 at 5:44 PM Post #12,822 of 100,507
So just took a listen to the X3 briefly (it's charging up now), and it blows away any iPod I own (Sony too). Those who say it sounds veiled, I just want to shake you and say, "huh?"

Not veiled. It just doesn't have the greatest clarity. Even the C3 bests it in terms of clarity

Aug 8, 2013 at 9:02 PM Post #12,825 of 100,507
^was wondering the same thing earlier today

That means snap them up as quickly as possible before amazon realizes their mistake! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back