The discovery thread!
Apr 16, 2024 at 3:06 PM Post #99,106 of 100,081
Once again, I have not resisted the lure of participating in this forum. Today I received the much adored CCA Trio. Not that I really need them, but for 27€ I don't really have much to complain about. I appreciate their natural timbre and overall frequency balance. The tuning successfully avoids any hints of harshness and fatigue, so it's not a problem to spend hours with them. I must also acknowledge that they handle vocals of both genders (and probably others as well) very nicely. My only minor reservations would be the absence of the finest details, and I would also like to see the bass a bit more contoured. At the price, however, it's probably not fair to have exaggerated expectations.
I use an inexpensive balanced cable from Xinhs with them, and they get along best with Dune S&S (I've tried Divinus Velvet, JVC Spiraldot, Penon Liqueur Black/ Orange, and many others from KBEAR and Symbio).
I'm still experimenting with switches, but I'm liking the UDUU combination more and more...
P.S. Sorry for the translator.

Edit: Don't expect anything as analytical and clean and clear bright in the budget category as the Simgot EW200, but on the other hand you get much more versatile IEMs that get along with a greater number of musical genres. And you can't say that about many budget IEMs...

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2024 at 4:36 PM Post #99,107 of 100,081
Okay, it's true that I have not tried the latest budget offerings, but Wan'er is such a Champ still! So well tuned. So comfortable. Technical imperfection can easily be forgiven.

1000012426.jpg

Apr 16, 2024 at 5:04 PM Post #99,109 of 100,081
Hi! Does anyone have and have compared ZiiGaat Doscinco and Penon Neo 5 by chance? I know some differences in hardware and have read some separate reviews. I would like to know if they are both all-terrain. Right now on AE they have almost the same discounted price. Thanks in advance!
Have both. I am loathe to describe differences but here it goes...... The Neo 5 is just "warmer" in general. The Doscino's bass has more impact and sounds almost more separated from the rest of the frequencies. Doscino sounds more detailed to my ears too. I prefer the Doscino. Personally, with the way IEM pricing is, I wouldn't pay more than $200 for the Neo5. Don't get me wrong, it's still a very good product.

Apr 16, 2024 at 5:05 PM Post #99,110 of 100,081
Hi! Does anyone have and have compared ZiiGaat Doscinco and Penon Neo 5 by chance? I know some differences in hardware and have read some separate reviews. I would like to know if they are both all-terrain. Right now on AE they have almost the same discounted price. Thanks in advance!
All-terrain = all-rounder yes?

Haven’t heard the Doscinco but the Neo 5 is a pretty good every day/every genre carry, if you don’t need the most treble or details at the top.

Apr 16, 2024 at 5:13 PM Post #99,111 of 100,081
Have both. I am loathe to describe differences but here it goes...... The Neo 5 is just "warmer" in general. The Doscino's bass has more impact and sounds almost more separated from the rest of the frequencies. Doscino sounds more detailed to my ears too. I prefer the Doscino. Personally, with the way IEM pricing is, I wouldn't pay more than $200 for the Neo5. Don't get me wrong, it's still a very good p
Ahh, thank you very much for your answer, it helps me a lot. So, the voices are similar in both? Do you perceive any metallic sound in the highs of Doscinco?

Apr 16, 2024 at 5:18 PM Post #99,112 of 100,081
All-terrain = all-rounder yes?

Haven’t heard the Doscinco but the Neo 5 is a pretty good every day/every genre carry, if you don’t need the most treble or details at the top.
Sorry, it's not my native language but yes, that's what I mean 😅

Yes, that is why I have considered the Neo 5, in fact, I saw the review of it and what he said caught my attention. Thank you!

Apr 16, 2024 at 5:35 PM Post #99,114 of 100,081
E421C15A-9C70-4356-B5AC-6B0979A21520.jpeg

EDC in my bag:
Source: Hiby R3ii => L&P W4
IEM: (main) Hiby Yvain (testing) Hiby Project Ace
Storage: random NiceHck case I bought from @Bosk

Home use:
DX300 => G5
IEMs: U12t / Gaea / Andromeda

It depends on how much you like the Dorado. If you find it underwhelming with boomy bloated bass and a piercing BA treble spike, then any ThieAudio Hype IEM is an improvement. If you think Dorado is the pinnacle of IEM tuning, then no, don’t buy ThieAudio IEM unless you can return them.
I like the fun sound but want something with as much bass but more controlled so that it does not bleed into mid range.

Apr 16, 2024 at 5:41 PM Post #99,115 of 100,081
Any IEM better than Olina SE under $100? I use Olina SE with TRI Clarion tips and it sound much better than stock tips.
Looking for a little bit warm sound, soft/mellow bass and treble, mid focused.
Seeing Nicehck F1 Pro but it's planar. I also have Simgot EW200 and I don't like that kind of sound.
Thanks
CCA Trio. Want to tune it to your preference? You can.

Apr 16, 2024 at 5:44 PM Post #99,116 of 100,081
I like the fun sound but want something with as much bass but more controlled so that it does not bleed into mid range.
Maybe you should give Hype series a try.

I’m not sure the stock situation and the price nowadays, but FATFreq Maestro Mini is another interesting option to consider.

Apr 16, 2024 at 6:06 PM Post #99,117 of 100,081
Once again, I have not resisted the lure of participating in this forum. Today I received the much adored CCA Trio. Not that I really need them, but for 27€ I don't really have much to complain about. I appreciate their natural timbre and overall frequency balance. The tuning successfully avoids any hints of harshness and fatigue, so it's not a problem to spend hours with them. I must also acknowledge that they handle vocals of both genders (and probably others as well) very nicely. My only minor reservations would be the absence of the finest details, and I would also like to see the bass a bit more contoured. At the price, however, it's probably not fair to have exaggerated expectations.
I use an inexpensive balanced cable from Xinhs with them, and they get along best with Dune S&S (I've tried Divinus Velvet, JVC Spiraldot, Penon Liqueur Black/ Orange, and many others from KBEAR and Symbio).
I'm still experimenting with switches, but I'm liking the UDUU combination more and more...
P.S. Sorry for the translator.

Edit: Don't expect anything as analytical and clean and clear bright in the budget category as the Simgot EW200, but on the other hand you get much more versatile IEMs that get along with a greater number of musical genres. And you can't say that about many budget IEMs...
The Trio provided outstanding natural technicalities, while the EW200 provides above average "fake" technicalities.

Apr 16, 2024 at 7:31 PM Post #99,119 of 100,081
Maybe you should give Hype series a try.

I’m not sure the stock situation and the price nowadays, but FATFreq Maestro Mini is another interesting option to consider.
I’ve seen the maestro mini back in stock at musictek and one other website I can’t think of off the top of my head. Maestro Mini is a great IEM that doesn’t get enough praise.

Apr 16, 2024 at 7:50 PM Post #99,120 of 100,081
Hmm is Zeos biased toward upper treble peaks, he seems to give high ratings still even when IEMs have them. I don’t mind boosted lower treble 5k and above as long as it’s balanced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back