The discovery thread!
Apr 16, 2024 at 7:18 AM Post #99,076 of 100,081
The FiiO kinda sucks honestly but gets the job done.
Why?
I recently bought one, and it seems great. I am using it to watch films at night.
It has a great connection, and it amplifies a lot.
I can use it even with the basic player, which really needs super-efficient IEMs. With this Fiio, I can use any IEMs.
I like it a lot.

I bought that Moondrop GOLDEN AGES, but overall, I'm not satisfied at all!! For $70, it's way overpriced.
It is super cheaply made, and the connection is not the best. The sound, ah, can pass, but nothing spectacular.

Ah, I got Final Audio ZE8000 recently, too...that's goooood as well. :)

So for me, Final and Fiio :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

A small review :)

Cheers :wink:

Apr 16, 2024 at 7:27 AM Post #99,077 of 100,081
Last edited:
Apr 16, 2024 at 7:32 AM Post #99,079 of 100,081
But it's PRO...crap!!! Not ordinary crap. :ksc75smile:
It is probably the funniest name I have ever seen over the years, and that is a lot of names! Maybe they did it on purpose, you know like reverse marketing? Someone is going to lose their position for letting that one passed the name inspection. Maybe it is a joke and not real? I have no idea?

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2024 at 7:35 AM Post #99,080 of 100,081
20240416_090944.jpg

DAC/AMP: DC03 Pro (impressed with this inexpensive dongle!)
IEMs: TG333 and/or Tago T3-02 (both set a benchmark for BA and DD respectively for my preferred tuning)
Storage: Nothing Special carry case

Wow nice stuff! how is the TG333 and Tago?

Alt-R have nice cases.

At work I'm using cheaper stuff, I also change it up from week to week.

DAP/Dongle: Tempotec V3, Colorfly CDA M1P, Simgot DEW4X

IEMs/Earbuds: Venture Electronics SiE, Hisenior T4, ISN Neo3, KZ Symphony with 50ohm adapter, VE SM, VE A1.

Case: Cheap AE Nintendo Switch case, even have small cartridge slots for some extra silicon tips 🤣 and a IEM case for the DAP

1000036062.jpg
1000036063.jpg
1000036061.jpg
1000036064.jpg

Very smart to use a switch case to store IEMs! Good find!

Apr 16, 2024 at 7:41 AM Post #99,081 of 100,081
Why?
I recently bought one, and it seems great. I am using it to watch films at night.
It has a great connection, and it amplifies a lot.
I can use it even with the basic player, which really needs super-efficient IEMs. With this Fiio, I can use any IEMs.
I like it a lot.

I bought that Moondrop GOLDEN AGES, but overall, I'm not satisfied at all!! For $70, it's way overpriced.
It is super cheaply made, and the connection is not the best. The sound, ah, can pass, but nothing spectacular.

Ah, I got Final Audio ZE8000 recently, too...that's goooood as well. :)

So for me, Final and Fiio :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

A small review :)

Cheers :wink:

Some annoyances I have with it:
- Right side getting stuck in "connected" loop. I need to turn it off and on again.
- Sometimes they remain connected even after being put on the case. This happens specially if you don't wipe the connectors after use, which sometimes I don't when in a hurry.
- Not enough powah. It's okay from my Walkman but from the iPhone I need to use it with around 70-80% host volume in order not to get the annoying "you're getting deaf" alarms, and that's barely enough to drive the M7 for example.
- The app is laggy.
- PEQ implementation is bad.

Still way better than having to use Qudelix 5K.

Apr 16, 2024 at 8:00 AM Post #99,082 of 100,081

UTWS5 v2 and IER-M7 for anything on the move, which means it’s the IEM I use the most (much like cameras, the best IEM is often the one you have with you).

The FiiO kinda sucks honestly but gets the job done.

M7 has top tier mids, good isolation with enough bass to block noises and decent treble. Funny to see the new IEMs shifting to a similar sound signature. Hmm if only something like the M7 but with excellent treble existed…
You might want to look at this thing. Moondrop EVO
Moondrop Bluetooth dongle with ES9318 DAC on each ear and APTX-Adaptive (APTX-HD quality with lower latency apparently)
however, considering moondrop, maybe wait for several review to get QC consistency but seems to be pretty interesting contender in the space.

1713268701444.png

-----

Holy hell, KZ/CCA have been busy.
announcing KZ ZS10Pro-X,
Stealth release of AS16Pro-X and KZ CRA Pro

and now, teaser of upcoming Flagship of CCA,

1713268598315.png

now the guessing game. Based on the DLP-Shell, whats the driver setup?

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2024 at 8:54 AM Post #99,083 of 100,081
This is weird,
After the stepchild AS16Pro-x being sold without fanfare or even available in KZ official stores...

Now we got KZ CRA PRO being sold only through third party and without proper announcement.

You could find it in multiple different different aliexpress store for $25~30 ish...

Pretty close to discounted CCA Trio...
1 x Superthin DLC membrane DD vs 3x 8mm DD setup
These may be great IEMS, I have not heard them, But for some reason instead of seeing "CRA PRO" I keep seeing "CRAPO"... LOL

Apr 16, 2024 at 9:10 AM Post #99,084 of 100,081
That one got proper announcement,
Its also have the zs10 line go to 5 driver (1dd+4ba) setup and follows zs10pro line of tuning.
So pretty much its own "thing".

But cra was very popular and no announcement for its successor?
--

Kz rep jenny confirm its a real kz cra pro, and released early in cooperation with their third party suppliers.

They will released it on official store "later"
HAHA they don't want to "officially" release like 4 things at once. pacing out the announcements when they probably all were manufactured at the same time is not a bad idea considering how many different units they make.

Apr 16, 2024 at 9:13 AM Post #99,085 of 100,081
You might want to look at this thing. Moondrop EVO
Moondrop Bluetooth dongle with ES9318 DAC on each ear and APTX-Adaptive (APTX-HD quality with lower latency apparently)
however, considering moondrop, maybe wait for several review to get QC consistency but seems to be pretty interesting contender in the space.

1713268701444.png

-----

Holy hell, KZ/CCA have been busy.
announcing KZ ZS10Pro-X,
Stealth release of AS16Pro-X and KZ CRA Pro

and now, teaser of upcoming Flagship of CCA,

1713268598315.png

now the guessing game. Based on the DLP-Shell, whats the driver setup?
I'm using the KZ AZ20 Bluetooth adaptor and they sound simply amazing (using the Symphony for now) but sometimes they don't want to turn off when I put them back in the case. Easily the best Bluetooth product I've bought, although the AS09 I got for older sets sounds great too.

Apr 16, 2024 at 9:28 AM Post #99,086 of 100,081
What is your current EDC (every day carry)?

Currently using:

DAP: Sony WM1A DAP (Mr Walkman One WM1Z Plus v2 Mod)
IEMs: EPZ 530 and JVC HA-FW1800
Storage: ALT-R leather case
IMG_3333.jpeg

Currently carrying the trusty AirPods Pro (1st version, I’ll replace them when they die despite the 2nd gen being better by all accounts) the Hiby FC5 and a 4.4mm set, which happens to be the ARRTI R1 at the moment.

Apr 16, 2024 at 9:33 AM Post #99,087 of 100,081
It is probably the funniest name I have ever seen over the years, and that is a lot of names! Maybe they did it on purpose, you know like reverse marketing? Someone is going to lose their position for letting that one passed the name inspection. Maybe it is a joke and not real? I have no idea?
Hi bro ,

Can you please tell me what happened with Penon thread , thanks ,

Apr 16, 2024 at 9:42 AM Post #99,089 of 100,081
Hi bro ,

Can you please tell me what happened with Penon thread , thanks ,
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-penon-official-thread.934523/page-901

This one? There was some belligerent speculation about the price of stuff, but that’s always normal when an unannounced priced TOTL makes way. You know there are many styles of buyers out there and one price bracket doesn’t always fit all. But I haven’t seen the thread closed or anything? But I’m not on there 24/7 or anything?

Apr 16, 2024 at 10:09 AM Post #99,090 of 100,081
Some annoyances I have with it:
Hm, good to know this. I still didn't have any of these issues.
I am using it only with the TV, and honestly, it has more power than the Sennheiser HD450BT that I was using prior.
Do IEMs also have something with efficiency?
I will remember that wiping connectors thing, if need it.
Thanks for the comment.

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back