The discovery thread!
Mar 20, 2013 at 9:27 PM Post #8,296 of 101,798
Mar 20, 2013 at 9:32 PM Post #8,297 of 101,798
Quote:
^
............. i feel your pain WAYNE.

Sf, if you and wayne aren't the same on the same IP address, how is it your posts are only seconds apart?
biggrin.gif

Mar 20, 2013 at 9:50 PM Post #8,298 of 101,798
Quote:

Sf, if you and wayne aren't the same on the same IP address, how is it your posts are only seconds apart?
biggrin.gif

Cuz i lurk like a mofo durrrrrrr!!! Maybe US 3 are all the some person cuz you always reply right after us two. hoho
rolleyes.gif

3X personality disorder!!!
triportsad.gif

edit: i think i am on to something here.
deadhorse.gif

Mar 20, 2013 at 9:51 PM Post #8,299 of 101,798
Quote:

biggrin.gif

I just don't like letting the master troll get away with anything, so I pounce on him quick lol!

Edit: ha ha, I/we did it again!

Mar 20, 2013 at 10:22 PM Post #8,302 of 101,798
Quote:

You are under investigation......The Crusher and Mad Dog Vishone!

Takes you less than a minute, takes me 4 minute, you need wait a little longer between posts!

If we were really one and the same, then I would love Korean rap, and he would love the mt300's
biggrin.gif

Mar 20, 2013 at 10:38 PM Post #8,303 of 101,798
Quote:

If we were really one and the same, then I would love Korean rap, and he would love the mt300's
biggrin.gif

STOP fighting with me let me post my other evil half!!! BAD WAYNE BAD!!!

There was that long enough.............???
confused_face.gif

Cute my man, you're wayyy off but it looks like you still got a sense of humor, "i like that in a rabbit" -some wise words i got from another cool dood. LMAO Oh those good old days, how i miss them.
bigsmile_face.gif

Mar 20, 2013 at 11:23 PM Post #8,304 of 101,798
Quote:
STOP fighting with me let me post my other evil half!!! BAD WAYNE BAD!!!

There was that long enough.............???
confused_face.gif

Cute my man, you're wayyy off but it looks like you still got a sense of humor, "i like that in a rabbit" -some wise words i got from another cool dood. LMAO Oh those good old days, how i miss them.
bigsmile_face.gif

Hey Sf, I have nice pair of EFi82 MT's I'll sell ya for $230.................unmoddddded!  LMAO

Mar 21, 2013 at 12:38 AM Post #8,305 of 101,798
Has anyone gotten the E12 yet? I was going to purchase it, but I'm a little worried it might be too neutral for my taste. I've never owned a headphone amplifier so I don't even know what I'm looking for. But out of everything I've seen so far it seems like the best choice. I really like the charge while listening feature. I'm looking for an amp that doesn't favor a certain type of sound since I have totally different sounding headphones. Would this be a good starting amp?

Mar 21, 2013 at 3:20 AM Post #8,307 of 101,798
Quote:
How big is the bass difference between A900x and WS99? I have a A900x and feel that it has pretty huge bass. Would the bass of WS99 be that much better?

Hopefully Dsnuts or someone with both headphones can answer this. Thanks! :)

I don't own either, but I think it will be a significant difference based on what others say that do own both.

Mar 21, 2013 at 9:11 AM Post #8,308 of 101,798
Quote:
How big is the bass difference between A900x and WS99? I have a A900x and feel that it has pretty huge bass. Would the bass of WS99 be that much better?

Hopefully Dsnuts or someone with both headphones can answer this. Thanks! :)

I have my A900X packed away but I will take it out and do a better A/B for bass but from my experience with both the quantity is a level bigger on the WS99 but it is their quality  that really makes the WS99 a bass focused specialty. The triple air vents on the back of the cups really do a great job with the bass control and sub bass is brawny  when called for. Also the speed of bass is something else on the WS99. Which makes rock and metal sound absolutely tight with the drum kicks. So it is big and deep yet tight while brawny and speedy at the same time..Not your typical dynamics in the bass region which lives up to the name Solid Bass.

The A900X has the wider stage but the depth of music on the WS99 is second to none, which also adds to their lushness in sound.

Mar 21, 2013 at 9:22 AM Post #8,309 of 101,798
Quote:
Has anyone gotten the E12 yet? I was going to purchase it, but I'm a little worried it might be too neutral for my taste. I've never owned a headphone amplifier so I don't even know what I'm looking for. But out of everything I've seen so far it seems like the best choice. I really like the charge while listening feature. I'm looking for an amp that doesn't favor a certain type of sound since I have totally different sounding headphones. Would this be a good starting amp?

I subscribe to the belief that you want your source & amps neutral and the only coloration would come from the HPs, EQ, and/or tubes if you roll that way. 
biggrin.gif
 That way, you won't need buy multiple dacs & amps just to pair up certain hps. All the amp should really do is to give extra power to the hps. If it has EQ features, bonus. With that said, I don't have experience with a E12. I've had the E10 & E17. I've seen ClieOS review it so I would look for that in the port. amps section.

Mar 21, 2013 at 12:48 PM Post #8,310 of 101,798
RE: the WS99, I think a lot of people might be getting a misconception that these headphones are HUGE bass cans. I'm just not hearing that. Sure they can have some awesome sub-bass when called for, but there's not a hint of bloat or mid-bass hump. The only time these are going to sound bassy is when the music you're listening to asks for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back