The discovery thread!
Feb 19, 2013 at 6:38 PM Post #7,216 of 103,273
just got the jvc hafx40 , i actually havent heard much silibance or brightness after 20 hours of burn in , though i am coming off of a triple fi 10 :D Any good burn in suggestions? right now im doing 70% volume with a dubstep playlist. might try and recable these to replace the triple fi 10s when they eventually die, i think recabling a $20 iem is slightly insane but its worth a shot :D

Feb 19, 2013 at 11:10 PM Post #7,218 of 103,273
Quote:
So I'm thinking about ordering CKN70, XBA-30, and MH1C from amazon.jp.

Hopefully one of them fits my bill and I can end my quest. lol.

Anything else I should order? :D

Nice selection
beerchug.gif
. Though if you're gonna get the XBA-30s, I wouldn't get the MH1C. The 30s are basically an improved version of them. I would look at another IEM, like the AT CKS99 or JVC FXZ100.

Feb 19, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #7,220 of 103,273
Quote:
So I'm thinking about ordering CKN70, XBA-30, and MH1C from amazon.jp.

Hopefully one of them fits my bill and I can end my quest. lol.

Anything else I should order? :D

ohoh while you're at it order the JVC FXZ200 and the ATH ES700, AD900X as well as the WS99, cuz you know you want them. Then your quest can truly end.
wink_face.gif

edit: Yeah i 2nd the XBA30s and not the MH1Cs since lots of people say the older XBA3s are a more refined version of the MH1Cs. so.....

Feb 19, 2013 at 11:25 PM Post #7,221 of 103,273
Quote:
ohoh while you're at it order the JVC FXZ200 and the ATH ES700, AD900X as well as the WS99, cuz you know you want them. Then your quest can truly end.
wink_face.gif

edit: Yeah i 2nd the XBA30s and not the MH1Cs since lots of people say the older XBA3s are a more refined version of the MH1Cs. so.....

Stop molesting my wallet man!

My quest for full size has ended with my $5 Pivots. :D

As for the IEM quest, it's on going.

Feb 20, 2013 at 12:03 AM Post #7,223 of 103,273
The CKN50 makes this song soooo sweet! lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=fvwp&v=Nh7UgAprdpM

Feb 20, 2013 at 1:18 AM Post #7,225 of 103,273
Still waiting on at least one ckn70 review. My Visa is itching to be used.

Feb 20, 2013 at 1:49 AM Post #7,226 of 103,273
Heya,

yes well hopefully the headphones/IEMs i purchase won't be ones that I will think of upgrading, and that they will satisfy me for a long long time, or until they break.
I still do not know which to go for.
I haven't a clue as to what to look for, haha

Thanks,

Feb 20, 2013 at 8:41 AM Post #7,227 of 103,273
Quote:
Well the next best thing is sometimes just discovering to just enjoy the gears we all have. Sometimes I think we need to pause and just realize how awesome the stuff we all own sound and just enjoy them..I noticed some guys are frantically selling stuff just to get the next best thing and that is fine but why even buy a phone in the first place if we don't even enjoy the ones we own.. 

Once I get my CKN70s and my Meridian Explorer I am gonna be done for a while myself..It will be interesting to see what is next in deed but for now I listen to my stuff on a rotation and love all of em for what they are.

Strange that we all think alike !
wink_face.gif
   ...when I ordered that CKN70 thru Tenso, I was thinking that's it, I'll delete my account at Head Fi after that and be really happy with everything I have.

But then the evil
devil_face.gif
 side of me whispered that I just have to report back on here and pass on the poison my impression of them CKN70 to all the good folks here.

And that's when I'll stumbled into another thread pit full of gears that I'll have to buy !!!
tongue_smile.gif

It's a nasty and vicious cycle !

Feb 20, 2013 at 8:48 AM Post #7,228 of 103,273
Strange that we all think alike ! :wink_face:    ...when I ordered that CKN70 thru Tenso, I was thinking that's it, I'll delete my account at Head Fi after that and be really happy with everything I have.

But then the evil :devil_face:  side of me whispered that I just have to report back on here and pass on the poison my impression of them CKN70 to all the good folks here.

And that's when I'll stumbled into another thread pit full of gears that I'll have to buy !!! :tongue_smile:
It's a nasty and vicious cycle !

So do you have the ckn70s yet? Im still waiting on reviews to buy

Feb 20, 2013 at 8:54 AM Post #7,229 of 103,273
Quote:
Ya it never ends with the newness.. I am however very happy with the stuff I have. The new AT stuff all of them are outstanding in every way. I don't think I have been this happy with a set of headphones and earphones ever. I am sure there will be new stuff that will tempt but my current situation is one that I have to be careful about. I will get into that a bit later on this month but for now it is all about how excellent everything I have sounds to me. I feel blessed that I own so many phones that all excel in one way or another to my ears..

Hope it's nothing too serious, Bro.

Anyway, too many gears thread ain't too good or healthy, we should have a "Discovery thread" for new music, sources to listen to with our gears !     ...I've always looked forward to all those links provided by head'fi members, some made me go "Woah!" and other made me "hmmm?" but everyone of them tells me a little about the preferences of the person who puts them up and in a way it made us closer.

Take care and God Bless.

Feb 20, 2013 at 9:08 AM Post #7,230 of 103,273
Quote:
Tenso is asking people  for proof of id. After submitting they enter you into a drawing for free shipping and no fees. Don't know how I feel about this.
I emailed them to ask what, exactly, do they need.

They're asking for proof of ID containing name, date of birth and residential address, I took a photo of my ID card (passport will work too), blank out the info they didn't asked for (eg: ID number, bar codes, thumb print) and sent to them via jpeg file, it was approved and I got a free service fee coupon.

Just as well, it was a nice discount from Tenso on my combined shipment of ATH WS99, CKN70 and CKN50.

Guys who use Tenso should get it done ASAP (before April) as it is a legistrative requirement in Japan (To beat illegal money laundering I guess)   ...get it done before the remove the lucky draw coupons ! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back