The discovery thread!
Feb 20, 2013 at 9:25 AM Post #7,232 of 103,294
Not yet, they should arrive this weekend or early next week.

What do you currently have that I might compare them to ?

Nothing good in the IEM department, just some budget buds: JVC HA FX1X, and monoprice 9927. Looking for my best bang for the buck 100$ and under. These look and hopefully sound like what im after.

Feb 20, 2013 at 9:25 AM Post #7,233 of 103,294
Not yet, they should arrive this weekend or early next week.

What do you currently have that I might compare them to ?

Nothing good in the IEM department, just some budget buds: JVC HA FX1X, and monoprice 9927. Looking for my best bang for the buck 100$ and under. These look and hopefully sound like what im after.

Feb 20, 2013 at 10:33 AM Post #7,234 of 103,294
Quote:
LMAO, you meant to say micro size headphonnes. Man treat yourself better, spend a ton of iem but using just those cheapo incase thingies. LoL Such a sad divide.

Ey! Stop hating on my Pivots! Still better than any "FULLLLL SIZE" you have!
biggrin.gif

Feb 20, 2013 at 11:15 AM Post #7,235 of 103,294
Ey! Stop hating on my Pivots! Still better than any "FULLLLL SIZE" you have! :D

Thats some big talk. The taunt might actually make me try to find a cheap pair and see if its. true.

Feb 20, 2013 at 11:28 AM Post #7,236 of 103,294
Quote:

They're asking for proof of ID containing name, date of birth and residential address, I took a photo of my ID card (passport will work too), blank out the info they didn't asked for (eg: ID number, bar codes, thumb print) and sent to them via jpeg file, it was approved and I got a free service fee coupon.

Just as well, it was a nice discount from Tenso on my combined shipment of ATH WS99, CKN70 and CKN50.

Guys who use Tenso should get it done ASAP (before April) as it is a legistrative requirement in Japan (To beat illegal money laundering I guess)   ...get it done before the remove the lucky draw coupons ! 

Tenso sent me an email stating that a drivers licence would work as well, as long as my address was on my licence.

I'll send them a copy of my licence but blank out some or all of my lic number. 

Hi,

This is the Tenso.com Support Team.

American driver license is okay, and if there are no address on driver license,
additionally it needs bank statement, or bill.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Sincerely,
Fred

Feb 20, 2013 at 11:39 AM Post #7,237 of 103,294
Quote:

Tenso sent me an email stating that a drivers licence would work as well, as long as my address was on my licence.

I'll send them a copy of my licence but blank out some or all of my lic number. 

Hmmm? I haven't received any type of email from Tenso. Then again, I have my stuff sent to a law school. I'll look again, but I don't remember Tenso ever asking me for this information. 

Feb 20, 2013 at 12:01 PM Post #7,238 of 103,294
Quote:
Hmmm? I haven't received any type of email from Tenso. Then again, I have my stuff sent to a law school. I'll look again, but I don't remember Tenso ever asking me for this information. 

When you check your pending items the window will automatically pop up and if you just closed it without reading like I did, then you probably missed it. xD

I received an email from Tenso today saying they shipped out my CKN70s. Let's see if these are as good as I think they're going to be.

Feb 20, 2013 at 12:05 PM Post #7,239 of 103,294
Quote:
Can't find genuine FX3X's to be shipped to the UK anywhere. Any alternative bass earbuds?

I got a pair of the FX3X' from the seller pandjshop on eBay a couple of days ago. As far as I can tell, they're the real deal. Build quality, looks, packaging, sound signature, burn-in changes, everything matches. The service was excellent as well.

Feb 20, 2013 at 12:29 PM Post #7,240 of 103,294
Quote:

I had emailed customer support when I went to pay for my last Tenso transaction, CKN70's. A pop-up appeared asking for ID info as laws in Japan were changing.
Customer support emailed me back.

Feb 20, 2013 at 1:52 PM Post #7,241 of 103,294
Okay, next to the ASG-1.2, the CKS1000 may be the king of the natural-sounding drums and percussion inside of a universal IEM. I'm highly impressed. All those sound chambers the sound is traveling through is paying off immensely!

Feb 20, 2013 at 2:15 PM Post #7,242 of 103,294
Agreed. To answer your question Alberto about what genres both does. They both are very versatile sounding earphones the presentation of the FXZ200 does have a sub woofer involved but with much burn in has the best quality bass I have heard in an iem. The CKS1000 does not lack in this department but the strength of the CKS1000 is their mids and the overall smooth warm presentation that is very engaging.

The FXZ200 requires more power than the CKS1000 so you have to take that into consideration..I would do bass heavy genres more so on the FXZ200 and more vocals and instruments on the CKS1000.  Both sounds excellent enough on all genres of music but the strength of the earphones does certain genres better over the other. Both can do all genres of music. One excels more in the bass department being the FXZ200 and the other in the overall presentation being a nice high end smooth and warm sounding which is the CKS1000.

The CKS1000 is like a stupid highly refined version of the CKS77 with lesser mid bass and overall smoother higher resolution in the sounds. I don't think either is a bad choice..I do admit that I listen to my CKS1000 more so now a days but my FXZ200 is truly an enjoyable earphone none the less.

You know what is a shame ericp? I think many guys will overlook the CKS1000 because people will think they are "Solid Bass" with some balance..You hear them. You know they are much more than that.

Feb 20, 2013 at 2:24 PM Post #7,243 of 103,294
Oh another thing. Ericp, I would take some rubbing alcohol and some cloth and wipe your CKS1000 cord. You will get a dark residue which seems to be an oil type residue that was left over from the manufacturing process. I did this last night and was surprised how dirty the cord was. So you was right about the smell being on there. It is like a oil that is on the cord.

Feb 20, 2013 at 2:34 PM Post #7,244 of 103,294
Quote:
Agreed. To answer your question Alberto about what genres both does. They both are very versatile sounding earphones the presentation of the FXZ200 does have a sub woofer involved but with much burn in has the best quality bass I have heard in an iem. The CKS1000 does not lack in this department but the strength of the CKS1000 is their mids and the overall smooth warm presentation that is very engaging.

The FXZ200 requires more power than the CKS1000 so you have to take that into consideration..I would do bass heavy genres more so on the FXZ200 and more vocals and instruments on the CKS1000.  Both sounds excellent enough on all genres of music but the strength of the earphones does certain genres better over the other. Both can do all genres of music. One excels more in the bass department being the FXZ200 and the other in the overall presentation being a nice high end smooth and warm sounding which is the CKS1000.

The CKS1000 is like a stupid highly refined version of the CKS77 with lesser mid bass and overall smoother higher resolution in the sounds. I don't think either is a bad choice..I do admit that I listen to my CKS1000 more so now a days but my FXZ200 is truly an enjoyable earphone none the less.

You know what is a shame ericp? I think many guys will overlook the CKS1000 because people will think they are "Solid Bass" with some balance..You hear them. You know they are much more than that.

Thank you!

How is the deep bass on the CKS1000 compared to the CKS77?  Which one goes deeper?  Which one has the higher amount of deep bass?

Feb 20, 2013 at 2:44 PM Post #7,245 of 103,294
Quote:

I got a pair of the FX3X' from the seller pandjshop on eBay a couple of days ago. As far as I can tell, they're the real deal. Build quality, looks, packaging, sound signature, burn-in changes, everything matches. The service was excellent as well.

Did you get these?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-JVC-FX3X-Xtreme-Xplosives-Inner-Ear-Headphones-Deep-Bass-HA-FX3X-/300825548753?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item460a9997d1

Just that someone pointed out there was an accessory missing from the box and could possibly mean they're fakes. Also, they seem quite cheap compared to other FX3X auctions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back