The discovery thread!
Jan 22, 2013 at 2:27 AM Post #6,226 of 100,343
Quote:
Why the sadface?

No matter which one is better, you win!

The people I really feel bad for are the ones who got the PRO headphone. They had to plop $30 extra to get something that might not even be as good. Hopefully all goes well.

Not a sadface, just a confused one. haha

Yeah was planning to have my cousins get them directly from China when they visit some time later this year, that's why i want to truly know how well those MH463s compare to the other big bois in the open back league. 

Yeppp, i hope the PRO version is just as good if not better than those MTs of yours, cuz it would suck if they are sub par, but you will never know till you try them out though............ fingers crossed for those that got them PROs!

Quote:
while everyone is busy with the headphone line of somic. why dont we take a look a these

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Somic-Mh407-first-iron-earphones-fashion-vampish-high-quality-wired-music-ear-to-ear/730231408.html

not too expensive and uses a balanced armature. whoa! this might be good

hmmmm those sure look like MEElectronics A161P re-brands. Can it be???
eek.gif

http://www.amazon.com/MEElectronics-Noise-Canceling-Headphones-Balanced-Technology/dp/B0083E5GUE/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1358839169&sr=1-1&keywords=MEElectronics+A161

edit: LoL looks like i was 2 post late. : P

Jan 22, 2013 at 2:31 AM Post #6,227 of 100,343
Quote:
Quote:
Man you are worse than the NUTMAN!!! LoL

WOW you really like/ prefer the MTs that much more than the MH463's??? Pretty shocking to hear since joe seems to love those.
triportsad.gif

edit: Well i guess these somics has officially mega blasted off their station, will be interesting to see where this train goes. Thanks Cash for being so passionate about sharing these.
popcorn.gif

Why the sadface?

No matter which one is better, you win!

The people I really feel bad for are the ones who got the PRO headphone. They had to plop $30 extra to get something that might not even be as good. Hopefully all goes well.

Cash, don't worry about that.  They got money (enough money, I meant) and are compulsive headphone buyers.  They get a thrill from just trying new stuff.  So, even if the new stuff ain't better than what they already got, they don't regret the new headphones experience.  Because of that compulsive behavior they might not be as careful as you would, in making sure they try exactly the same headphones that you have.  But, we will help them with that aspect.  If this test goes nuts (no pun intended), then you are gonna have to send your MTs to DannyBai, just like I suggested in the beginning.

To make the compulsive headphone buyer concept clear, I will say this.  Dsnuts and DannyBai were not born to be on Head-Fi.  It is just the opposite.  Head-Fi was just made for them.  The match works better when they get good quality stuff like the FXZ200 and the AD900X and avoid "el cheapo" stuff like $10-$30 earphones.  Those are just "good for the price" at best rather than "great for the ears."

Jan 22, 2013 at 3:20 AM Post #6,228 of 100,343
LOL !   ...this thread is really living up to it's hype, I amazed how fast it went from AD900X to Somic EFi 82.

Speaking of which   ....nobody tried the NIA 8801, I mentioned earlier ? (refer post 5339)

the only place I can find them at now is Ebay-Germany and they have gone up in price locally.

1) http://www.ebay.de/itm/NIA-MRH-8801-MP3-Player-kabellose-Kopfhorer-PC-Headset-FM-Radio-SD-MicroSD-NEU-/321022274440?_trksid=p2047675.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D11%26meid%3D5049688839225988618%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D1005%26rk%3D2%26sd%3D221152766392%26

2) http://www.ebay.de/itm/NIA-MRH-8801R-MP3-Player-kabellose-Kopfhorer-PC-Headset-FM-Radio-SD-MicroSD-NEU-/370724591991?_trksid=p2047675.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D11%26meid%3D5049688839225988618%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D1005%26rk%3D3%26sd%3D221152766392%26

If the Somics are chinese Ripoffs ...startups of Sony, then the NIA are the equivalent of PHILIPS
biggrin.gif

The NIA 8801 are miles behind when compared to the AD900X

Jan 22, 2013 at 3:28 AM Post #6,229 of 100,343
^ LoL how i miss that ghost humor.
tongue_smile.gif

I know right, last time i heard of those NIA phones of yours Ds said he ordered a set but not a word outta him since then.

With all new gear he gets it's understandable, those poor lonely NIAs are probably weeping in a dusty corner untouched/ unopened. 
triportsad.gif

I'll take them off your hands and give them a good home if you sell them them to me for cheap. heeee

edit: hey when is that master plan of yours going down??? Since you got your avatar ready and all!

Jan 22, 2013 at 3:35 AM Post #6,230 of 100,343
Quote:

Damn it ghost why can't you let me lie to myself for now.
tongue_smile.gif
 Of course there can never be "END ALLs" anything since the introduction of new tech is always just around the corner. But what these FXZs can do is make me CONTENT, be truly content. Just like my modded S500s i don't feel like i lack anything or have the desire to buy "better" more $$$s gear to satisfy my needs. Hopefully these FXZs will be able to do that for me. That is all i am asking for really. Be Content and be mind blown with what i have and not be tempted by D's FOTM.
biggrin.gif

That sounds like a swell plan ghost, i see you already taken the 1st step with that avatar change of yours.
beerchug.gif

I feel you Bro !
biggrin.gif
   ...have you received them FXZs ?    ...not to worry as they will still be a solid iem in your collection if not the best iem, really good when you're on the move.

The AD900X is a totally different beast, they're meant for use strictly at home in a quiet surrounding, they're closest to a decent home audiophile setup that I've heard.

Avast Ye !  ...listen to the old salt Nutman, there's booty to be dug in his words !
wink_face.gif

Jan 22, 2013 at 3:49 AM Post #6,232 of 100,343
Quote:

I feel you Bro !
biggrin.gif
   ...have you received them FXZs ?    ...not to worry as they will still be a solid iem in your collection if not the best iem, really good when you're on the move.

The AD900X is a totally different beast, they're meant for use strictly at home in a quiet surrounding, they're closest to a decent home audiophile setup that I've heard.

Avast Ye !  ...listen to the old salt Nutman, there's booty to be dug in his words !
wink_face.gif

LoL, I wish, still saving up for them, just got a $280 phone so................ it's gonna be a while. :  (

I know those open back AD900X is a totally different beast than what i am use to, but man was my heart swayed for them after reading Dannys and Ds impressions. But iems are still more versatile and I am kinda borderline basshead kinda guy. haha

LMAO looks like you learned to use the "spoiler" function as well i see,
beerchug.gif
. With such great powers comes with great responsibilities my ghostly friend. Check that S400s of yours and i've got a little treat for you click click away ahoy matey!!!

Jan 22, 2013 at 3:54 AM Post #6,233 of 100,343
Quote:
You know what sf I was thinking about you when Danny posted these AD900X. I know you like your bass end.. For you I would look into the A900X.. It is the closed back version of these headphones. With more bass..The SQ level is very nice on these as well. But with that added bass end.. The real good news is. These A900X goes for like $170ish on Amazon Japan. I bought mine when it came out $330 or so. Something to consider for a nice upgrade for you..

@Danny...Love me some AD900X. I should start a fan thread for them. I know they are gonna get many fans here at head fi.

Should !!!   ...they deserve a separate thread from the AD2000X thread. Count me in as No 1 Fan.
biggrin.gif

Quote:
I am sure your modded HA-S500 will sound wonderful no doubt but. These cans are fully open using new proprietary 53mm drivers.. The scope of sound we are talking about. The stage. Unless you have vents and have open cups on your mod. I am gonna seriously doubt your modded HA-S500 is gonna have the air, the depth, the stage of these cans. Oh yea the drivers are angled too. Did I mention they use new plush cloth covered pads that feel like pillows on your head?.. A different animal. I would say. I want to see one of you guys get these cans as I know you guys would appreciate them like Danny and Ghost both will tell ya.. I am a big fan of these cans. Nothing has given me more WOW moments than these cans.

These simply separate themselves from everything I own. Lol. No exaggeration.

I won't add anymore to what has already been said about them AD900X but I will just say this:

Off all the recommendations of audio gears you have given and I ultimately ended up buying, this has got to be the one I am MOST grateful for !!!

Granted not everybody will be getting one as it is not exactly in the cheapo price bracket but for what I've paid and what I'm getting in return, I truely thanks you for mentioning it during our little chat.
beerchug.gif

.... the problem is that there is now NO GOING BACK !
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 22, 2013 at 7:14 AM Post #6,235 of 100,343
Quote:
hmmmm those sure look like MEElectronics A161P re-brands. Can it be???
eek.gif

I'm pretty sure they are (though the SBA-03 was first) as Somic is clearly using some OEM designs like somic dx-129, which is a rebrand of my long lost friend the philips she9800. Btw, looking at the last couple of pages I see that the Master Troll is living up to his name LOL

Jan 22, 2013 at 9:32 AM Post #6,237 of 100,343
Quote:
i is ready let go!!! Ghost! Its time for a great mutiny up in herrrr in this discovery thread.

edit: how you like my hip hop pirate accent?
biggrin.gif

Hey !   ...you just given me a light bulb moment !
wink_face.gif

We had fun changing avatars for the halloween theme earlier, ....as a show of appreciation to Nuts for always taking "one" for the team and telling it like it is, (keeping our ears happy and our wallets empty
tongue.gif
)

....lets change our avatars to a Pirate theme as a kinda of silent thank you !    ...show him how many Head'Fiers he has touched with his hype, should be fun !

Spread the words !   ....lets make him WALK THE PLANK fellas !!!
beerchug.gif

Jan 22, 2013 at 9:49 AM Post #6,238 of 100,343
Hi

Can someone please compare the Somic EFI-82 EMT/PRO or Somic MH463 with the felt modded
JVC HA-RX900? I have the JVC's with the felt mod, toilet paper in the cups mod and paper towel in the pads mod - it sounds amazing in any genre and movies too!

Would any of these Somics be an upgrade to the modded HA-RX900?
I don't care about wasting 50$, just don't want to wait a month to be disappointed...

regards,
Ben.

Jan 22, 2013 at 11:07 AM Post #6,239 of 100,343
Quote:

Hey !   ...you just given me a light bulb moment !
wink_face.gif

We had fun changing avatars for the halloween theme earlier, ....as a show of appreciation to Nuts for always taking "one" for the team and telling it like it is, (keeping our ears happy and our wallets empty
tongue.gif
)

....lets change our avatars to a Pirate theme as a kinda of silent thank you !    ...show him how many Head'Fiers he has touched with his hype, should be fun !

Spread the words !   ....lets make him WALK THE PLANK fellas !!!
beerchug.gif

Here here! Arrrrrr!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back