The discovery thread!
May 2, 2024 at 4:50 PM Post #100,336 of 102,144
Recommend the Delci if you want something warm with a sub-bass emphasis or the Artti R1 for warmth with mid-bass emphasis that's has slightly tighter bass overall than Delci. Stage a bit wider with Delci, but R1 has a smidge more treble air and detail. Delci has more note weight, but R1 isn't reedy. Vocals a bit more recessed on R1, but slightly compared to Delci. No question Delci is more comfortable for me due to smaller size, but I can still wear R1 for a long time.

Both are dynamite at $60.

I'm trying the Delci right now.
(just put in, no burn-in)

Indeed there are similarities with the sound of the R1 (which I personally prefer).

Given that they are good for the price (as are the R1) and that I haven't done any burn-in, I find that they tend to be sibilant in the mid-highs.

For example in this piece, when the trumpets play, I have to turn down the volume so as not to get annoyed:

[

Unfortunately the standard tips were useless to me: too soft, they don't insulate.

Last edited:
May 2, 2024 at 4:52 PM Post #100,337 of 102,144
A new found love - Hype 4 has captured our hearts here in the office at Bloom for all the right reasons. Impactful, dynamic driver bass? Check. Great depth in their imaging? Check. Good sparkle up top in the treble? Check! Don't believe the hype just quite yet? It may be time for a reality check...
DSC03830 copy.jpg

Bloom Audio Headphones and Personal Audio with Pitch Perfect Service. Stay updated on Bloom Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/BloomAudioStore https://twitter.com/BloomAudioStore https://www.instagram.com/BloomAudioStore https://bloomaudio.com hello@bloomaudio.com
May 2, 2024 at 4:52 PM Post #100,338 of 102,144
Recommend the Delci if you want something warm with a sub-bass emphasis or the Artti R1 for warmth with mid-bass emphasis that's has slightly tighter bass overall than Delci. Stage a bit wider with Delci, but R1 has a smidge more treble air and detail. Delci has more note weight, but R1 isn't reedy. Vocals a bit more recessed on R1, but slightly compared to Delci. No question Delci is more comfortable for me due to smaller size, but I can still wear R1 for a long time.

Both are dynamite at $60.
Thanks for this and I like your A/B rapid-fire shootout style! 👍

May 2, 2024 at 4:52 PM Post #100,339 of 102,144
CCA Hydro review

by HBB

by OB Odio/Kesobie

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/cca-hydro-2dd-8ba.27185/reviews#review-33734

---
So far both stated that this is the best CCA they've tried
As Kesobie noted in the price range, while very close in performance to Simgot EM6L and trade blows with Celest Phoenixcalls, apparently it still outperformed by Simgot EA500LM.

Tough call. Sounds like it did improve on the resolution of the Trio I was asking for, but if it doesn't outperform the EA500LM, which I currently own and really enjoy, so maybe I don't need it?

May 2, 2024 at 4:57 PM Post #100,340 of 102,144

Indeed there are similarities with the sound of the R1 (which I personally prefer).

Given that they are good for the price (as are the R1) and that I haven't done any burn-in, I find that they tend to be sibilant in the mid-highs.

For example in this piece, when the trumpets play, I have to turn down the volume so as not to get annoyed:

Unfortunately the standard tips were useless to me: too soft, they don't insulate.

Initially slightly maybe...been burning them in since Monday, transient peaks have noticeably smoothed out, also tweaking PEQ bands helps to tame mids.

May 2, 2024 at 5:00 PM Post #100,341 of 102,144

[

Definitely they're way too slippy & provide minimal seal, replaced them with thicker / grippier tips...big difference imo.

May 2, 2024 at 5:05 PM Post #100,342 of 102,144
Definitely they're way too slippy & provide minimal seal, replaced them with thicker / grippier tips...big difference imo.

Yes, yes, I'll give them a bit of a burn, out of honesty towards them 😂.

But I have to like them without EQ, not for an ideological question, but because I don't have EQ on all DACs,
and therefore IEMs that want to be loved must work well without it.

May 2, 2024 at 5:21 PM Post #100,343 of 102,144
Yes, yes, I'll give them a bit of a burn, out of honesty towards them 😂.

But I have to like them without EQ, not for an ideological question, but because I don't have EQ on all DACs,
and therefore IEMs that want to be loved must work well without it.
I kind of agree...EQ is an individual choice. Hiby R6 Pro has two MSEB, one standard EQ & PEQ via Hiby Music - so getting the balance right to not overcook things takes time - but I'd rather have that functionality in order to achieve a signature/tonality that matches each iem (whereby each setting is saved accordingly.) When I compose tracks via Laptop (& Bitwig 5 DAW) mixing is optimum via either a EVO 8 audio interface/soundcard....or recently I've been using my Xiang Pheng DA-03A DAC.
Hence better resolution, pinpoint imaging & layering are all totally necessary factors, hence why I also use Desk FX EQ to additionally maximise the stage. In comparison to using a soundcard, the DAC's stage was further enhanced by replacing supplied components with Burson Audio V6 Vivid Dual Opamps ( i.e. warm/analogue/tube-like.)

Last edited:
May 2, 2024 at 5:37 PM Post #100,344 of 102,144
Tough call. Sounds like it did improve on the resolution of the Trio I was asking for, but if it doesn't outperform the EA500LM, which I currently own and really enjoy, so maybe I don't need it?
Depends. Take out the Trio and the 500LM. Don't critically analyze them, just sit back and listen and don't worry about the flaws. Which one speaks to you the most? If that is the Trio then the Hydro is going to make you smile. If that is the 500LM, the Hydro isn't going to change your mind as it's very much like the Trio.

May 2, 2024 at 6:01 PM Post #100,345 of 102,144

[

Yes, the stock tips are pure dreck with the Delci. Aluminum build, very nice cable and case for $60. Corners clearly cut with the tips, which are quite flimsy.

Doing more A/B testing right now with Delci and R1 -- still confounded! But the R1 may be taking a slight edge. I like the punch of mid-bass more than the boom of sub-bass, and the R1 wins there. Plus the R1 does the Man on a Wire act of being just on the precipice of too much treble sparkle for me without falling over the edge.

More testing to come. Christ on a bike, it's close between these two! Guess I need to stop A/Bing individual tracks or even portions of tracks and just listen to extended playlists or albums with both and see which one moves me more and makes me wince less over time. Photo finish to come!

You can't lose with either the Delci or R1. They are poster children for the INSANE value offered these days by Chi-fi IEMs.

Last edited:
May 2, 2024 at 6:04 PM Post #100,346 of 102,144
Thanks for this and I like your A/B rapid-fire shootout style! 👍
Thanks. Former journalist here. Have been a writer and editor in PR for 30+ years after I left journalism. Was taught in journalism school in the mid-80s to write bright and tight with no fluff!

Last edited:
May 2, 2024 at 6:12 PM Post #100,347 of 102,144
Depends. Take out the Trio and the 500LM. Don't critically analyze them, just sit back and listen and don't worry about the flaws. Which one speaks to you the most? If that is the Trio then the Hydro is going to make you smile. If that is the 500LM, the Hydro isn't going to change your mind as it's very much like the Trio.
Reckon the Rhapsody will speak volumes when they arrive lol....

May 2, 2024 at 6:35 PM Post #100,348 of 102,144
My discovery today: DAC ABX test by @GoldenSound

Such fascinating work and results. Methodology is tighter than many research in my domain.

Edit: I need to check my hearing range again 🤔 have I lost the upper treble hearing recently, since I can no longer hear the differences between LPF in new Hiby DAPs anymore.

Last edited:
May 2, 2024 at 6:37 PM Post #100,349 of 102,144
Yes, the stock tips are pure dreck with the Delci. Aluminum build, very nice cable and case for $60. Corners clearly cut with the tips, which are quite flimsy.

Doing more A/B testing right now with Delci and R1 -- still confounded! But the R1 may be taking a slight edge. I like the punch of mid-bass more than the boom of sub-bass, and the R1 wins there. Plus the R1 does the Man on a Wire act of being just on the precipice of too much treble sparkle for me without falling over the edge.

More testing to come. Christ on a bike, it's close between these two! Guess I need to stop A/Bing individual tracks or even portions of tracks and just listen to extended playlists or albums with both and see which one moves me more and makes me wince less over time. Photo finish to come!

You can't lose with either the Delci or R1. They are poster children for the INSANE value offered these days by Chi-fi IEMs.

The ARTTI R1 really should have generated more hype. It’s a great set.

May 2, 2024 at 6:42 PM Post #100,350 of 102,144
Reckon the Rhapsody will speak volumes when they arrive lol....
I really like the Rhapsody. Sadly, I didn't spend as much time with it as I would have liked as the Trio came so soon and now the Hydro is my new hotness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back