The discovery thread!
May 2, 2024 at 6:45 PM Post #100,351 of 101,868
The ARTTI R1 really should have generated more hype. It’s a great set.
No doubt.

Bass is the one area in comparison with the Delci where I have no dilemma in declaring the R1 superior. The Delci is more focused on sub-bass and the R1 more on mid-bass. But the overall bass in the R1 has slightly better texture and control. Less bloat and bleed, although the bass on neither set needs Weight Watchers or a bandage.

Last edited:
May 2, 2024 at 6:57 PM Post #100,353 of 101,868
No doubt.

Bass is the one area in comparison with the Delci where I have no dilemma in declaring the R1 superior. The Delci is more focused on sub-bass and the R1 more on mid-bass. But the overall bass in the R1 has slightly better texture and control. Less bloat and bleed, although the bass on neither set needs Weight Watchers or a bandage.
I'd also like to compare R1, alas maybe the Delci are better suited to my listening preferences/electronica tracks I compose?....as focussed sub-bass is an essential pre-requisite.

Last edited:
May 2, 2024 at 7:27 PM Post #100,354 of 101,868
Why did the Trio take preference do you think?...& which areas does the Hydro supersede the Rhapsody?
It's just timing. I was late to the game with the Rhapsody and maybe not more than a month after I scooped it up I got the Trio as it was one of those limited time deals before the Holidays for a mystery 3DD. I loved that promotion. The thing is that I like both the Rhapsody and the Trio equally. I like the excitement that the Rhapsody provides in the bass and treble however I also like the Trio with it's smooth and natural approach to everything. I think the Hydro is a refinement of the two, the only downside to the refinement is that it costs $120 but the way you have to think about it is that this is the best KZ/CCA has come up with up to this point but not the best in the price bracket when you have to consider other manufacturers. As a fan of the Rhapsody and Trio, wanting more of THAT, it was worth the blind buy to scoop up the Hydro.

Edit: As far as which area's I felt the Hydro supersedes the Rhapsody was mainly in the mids and treble. The bass not as much, at least in regards to potency but I felt like the Hydro had better control over it.

Last edited:
May 2, 2024 at 7:30 PM Post #100,355 of 101,868
Recommend the Delci if you want something warm with a sub-bass emphasis or the Artti R1 for warmth with mid-bass emphasis that's has slightly tighter bass overall than Delci. Stage a bit wider with Delci, but R1 has a smidge more treble air and detail. Delci has more note weight, but R1 isn't reedy. Vocals a bit more recessed on R1, but slightly compared to Delci. No question Delci is more comfortable for me due to smaller size, but I can still wear R1 for a long time.

Both are dynamite at $60.
I personally love the Delci. R1 is also quite good, a more fun and hard hitting one. Good comparison, my thoughts match with youts.

May 2, 2024 at 7:54 PM Post #100,356 of 101,868
It's just timing. I was late to the game with the Rhapsody and maybe not more than a month after I scooped it up I got the Trio as it was one of those limited time deals before the Holidays for a mystery 3DD. I loved that promotion. The thing is that I like both the Rhapsody and the Trio equally. I like the excitement that the Rhapsody provides in the bass and treble however I also like the Trio with it's smooth and natural approach to everything. I think the Hydro is a refinement of the two, the only downside to the refinement is that it costs $120 but the way you have to think about it is that this is the best KZ/CCA has come up with up to this point but not the best in the price bracket when you have to consider other manufacturers. As a fan of the Rhapsody and Trio, wanting more of THAT, it was worth the blind buy to scoop up the Hydro.
Cheers thanks for clarifying !! Would you say the Rhapsody (with it's four additional BA's) improves upon Trio's timbre & stage??....authentically rendering acoustic instruments are also key to what I look for in a set. Hydro no doubt has better technicalities & appears to have a noticeable black background (ie no bloat) regarding mid/sub-bass bleed.

Last edited:
May 2, 2024 at 8:06 PM Post #100,357 of 101,868
The ARTTI R1 really should have generated more hype. It’s a great set.
I remember when they first debuted and they did have quite a bit of hype here but it died quickly when the next new and shiny thing appeared (happens quite often as we've all seen)

May 2, 2024 at 8:13 PM Post #100,358 of 101,868
Yes, the stock tips are pure dreck with the Delci. Aluminum build, very nice cable and case for $60. Corners clearly cut with the tips, which are quite flimsy.

Doing more A/B testing right now with Delci and R1 -- still confounded! But the R1 may be taking a slight edge. I like the punch of mid-bass more than the boom of sub-bass, and the R1 wins there. Plus the R1 does the Man on a Wire act of being just on the precipice of too much treble sparkle for me without falling over the edge.

More testing to come. Christ on a bike, it's close between these two! Guess I need to stop A/Bing individual tracks or even portions of tracks and just listen to extended playlists or albums with both and see which one moves me more and makes me wince less over time. Photo finish to come!

You can't lose with either the Delci or R1. They are poster children for the INSANE value offered these days by Chi-fi IEMs.
I've found the Tri Clarions to be basically the only tip that provides an acceptable seal for the Delci in my collection(which isn't huge to be fair). The Clarions sound awesome though, and really keep the sound of the Delci wide open which is a bit advantage they already have.

May 2, 2024 at 8:14 PM Post #100,359 of 101,868
My discovery today: DAC ABX test by @GoldenSound

Such fascinating work and results. Methodology is tighter than many research in my domain.

Edit: I need to check my hearing range again 🤔 have I lost the upper treble hearing recently, since I can no longer hear the differences between LPF in new Hiby DAPs anymore.

16 bit 44.1 kHz - the standard CD-quality files are: https://www.physicsforums.com/threa...ither-and-oversampling-in-hi-res-age.1056460/
The guys had to claim hearing about 22 kHz. Wasted my time watching it, as 99+% of youtube... unless I am missing something (??)

May 2, 2024 at 8:20 PM Post #100,360 of 101,868
16 bit 44.1 kHz - the standard CD-quality files are: https://www.physicsforums.com/threa...ither-and-oversampling-in-hi-res-age.1056460/
The guys had to claim hearing about 22 kHz. Wasted my time watching it, as 99+% of youtube... unless I am missing something (??)
AFAIK, his ABX shows statistically significant outcome that he can hear a difference between LPF of oversampling DAC. When they try to debug how he can hear that, it turns out the reason is that he can hear upto and above 20k.

Methodology and reproduction package is available in the video description. Maybe you can have a look.

edit: 99% of my devices are integrated DAC/amp so I have only weak confidence about the DAC differences, especially between transparent DACs.

Last edited:
May 2, 2024 at 8:22 PM Post #100,361 of 101,868
I'd also like to compare R1, alas maybe the Delci are better suited to my listening preferences/electronica tracks I compose?....as focussed sub-bass is an essential pre-requisite.
Delci absolutely more focused on sub-bass. But it's not exactly tight. Not flabby, but a bit soft? :)

The sub-bass on the R1 is sufficient, but its low-end focuses more on mid-bass punch than sub-bass boom. And the quality of the R1 mid-bass is tighter and more tactile than the sub-bass on the Delci.

If sub-bass is THE delineating factor for you, go with the Delci.

Last edited:
May 2, 2024 at 8:35 PM Post #100,362 of 101,868
Cheers thanks for clarifying !! Would you say the Rhapsody (with it's four additional BA) improves upon Trio's timbre & stage??....authentically rendering acoustic instruments are also key to what I look for in a set. Hydro no doubt has better technicalities & appears to have a noticeable black background (ie no bloat) regarding bass/sub-bass bleed.
The Rhapsody had the better stage but not by much. As for timbre, I lean towards the Trio, it's just really nice.

May 2, 2024 at 8:50 PM Post #100,363 of 101,868
Delci absolutely more focused on sub-bass. But it's not exactly tight. Not flabby, but a bit soft? :)

The sub-bass on the R1 is sufficient, but its low-end focuses more on mid-bass punch than sub-bass boom. And the quality of the R1 mid-bass is tighter and more tactile than the sub-bass on the Delci.

If sub-bass is THE delineating factor for you, go with the Delci.

Listening to mine a bit today and yeah, that’s dead on. The R1 has plenty of sub-bass but the emphasis is on the mid.

May 2, 2024 at 9:14 PM Post #100,364 of 101,868
So I’m dipping into a new realm, with the Geek Wold GK100
But mate, isn't Geekwold GK300 already out? i saw them on taobao for month already
Edit: seems like it isn't out yet, but i saw some demo unit being sold last month

Last edited:
May 2, 2024 at 10:05 PM Post #100,365 of 101,868
Trio currently available in "Choice" from multiple sellers, and with coins price dropped as low as 16$

photo_2024-05-02_12-18-55_cr.jpg
This is because it's making way for VADER. dundundeedundun

Users who are viewing this thread

Back