The discovery thread!
Jan 8, 2012 at 11:50 PM Post #601 of 103,503

Quote:
You should have suggested these to us new Philips fans James. I have been listening to the SHE9700. .Astounding. These are unreal great sounding. I can't find anything that is off on these at all in fact on careful listening of the 2 detail on the SHE9700 wins. That being said the detail on the SHE3570 is very satisfactory as well.  Looking at the 2 earphones the SHE3580 and the SHE9700.

It wouldn't surprise me if both of these are using the same drivers. The housing diameter is exactly the same with almost the same sound.  I think the SHE9700 has a better housing design for acoustics. The overall sound on the SHE9700 is a bit cleaner sounding. The housing has double the room of the SHe3580 the SHE9700 has more detail and a bit more defined on both ends. Otherwise the sound is almost exactly the same.

Let' not forget the SHE9700 are open back, which makes a big difference in sound. I actually was a big fan of the grand sounding SHE9800 back then and a bit of a basshead. Don't know if these are still available though.

Quote:
Burning my Philips in but yet to listen to it today after. I did have treble harshness issues with the 3580 early on. Isurus at times did have sibilance but the Philips was pretty strident and fatiguing for me even though no real sibilance. Quite bright and harsh unless listening at low volumes. Should be settling down though. Didn't investigate exactly why since it would probably go away. Odd though; silver cabled TF10, EX600 foam out of the nozzle, Carvin EM902(even more treble than foam-less EX600), Isurus yet the 3580 treble bothered me after 5 minutes or so.

Try third party tips, the 3580 stock tips lack quality and are prone to sibilance.

Jan 9, 2012 at 3:43 PM Post #602 of 103,503
I also ordered a pair of the SHE9700 from that Amazon seller, I paid like an extra $2 shipping to make it $13ish so I could get it earlier.  I ordered it like around midnight and it already shipped.  Hope these aren't like fakes or anything >_>

Jan 9, 2012 at 4:12 PM Post #603 of 103,503
boy...this is one thread drifty thread. Pretty soon , we 'll have every iem under the sun mentioned
o2smile.gif

Jan 9, 2012 at 4:39 PM Post #604 of 103,503

Quote:
boy...this is one thread drifty thread. Pretty soon , we 'll have every iem under the sun mentioned
o2smile.gif

No, just need to be split into an Isurus thread and a Philips Multi-IEM review thread
bigsmile_face.gif

Quote:
Try third party tips, the 3580 stock tips lack quality and are prone to sibilance.

Actually the problem was stridency and not sibilance in the strict definitions of them and the stock tips were actually fine. It was other tips even bassier/warmer tips that were bad more so than the stock tips. Though, as expected the issue is abating with burn-in.

Jan 9, 2012 at 5:10 PM Post #605 of 103,503

Quote:
I also ordered a pair of the SHE9700 from that Amazon seller, I paid like an extra $2 shipping to make it $13ish so I could get it earlier.  I ordered it like around midnight and it already shipped.  Hope these aren't like fakes or anything >_>

I was going to do that but it said seller is in NY, I only live across the river =)

Jan 9, 2012 at 5:54 PM Post #606 of 103,503
$10 Silver Sound2  Star model. These sound pretty good but one issue. The Right side has NO bass. Fun. So I get to reject this one right back to Amazon. The Left side has plenty of bass and sound is fairly clear for a cheapo but much like the Philips SHE9501 that I just sent back because of 1/2 sound on the Left side.. This one has issues with the Right side. Nice. Love the non QC they have for these.  Yes guys that is 2 out of 6 earphones that got the boot because of no QC. It goes to show you though that it isn't just these no name brands but Philips SHE9501 was worse than this one. At least with this one if you didn't know anything about sound one would have thought. WOW these are kinda bassy on one side but hey bassy non the less.

The Philips SHE9501. It was half sound on one ear.  I just love being the QC testers for these guys. I suppose this is what you get for trying to find good cheapo stuff. Lol! More on the others later.. 

Jan 9, 2012 at 6:48 PM Post #607 of 103,503
Sorry guys for throwing out so many iems. Might be confusing to some. But be clear. There is a reason why the thread title is the TT isurus and Philips 3580.. Even though the recent discovery of the SHE9700 is a good one the Philips 3580 is an outstanding value and sound for the cash..Ultimately if you guys find what I write about an iem on this thread as being interesting feel free to ask me any questions regarding any of these that I might have shown on this thread but truly the only ones mentioning here is the 2 iems and maybe the SHE9700 for those that want a minor upgrade to the SHE3580 sounds.

Jan 9, 2012 at 7:02 PM Post #608 of 103,503
you should add those mini reviews to your first post, might be better for the overview

Quote:
Sorry guys for throwing out so many iems. Might be confusing to some. But be clear. There is a reason why the thread title is the TT isurus and Philips 3580.. Even though the recent discovery of the SHE9700 is a good one the Philips 3580 is an outstanding value and sound for the cash..Ultimately if you guys find what I write about an iem on this thread as being interesting feel free to ask me any questions regarding any of these that I might have shown on this thread but truly the only ones mentioning here is the 2 iems and maybe the SHE9700 for those that want a minor upgrade to the SHE3580 sounds.

Jan 10, 2012 at 12:48 AM Post #609 of 103,503
For the hell of it, I switched ears with the TT Isurus and they turned into bass machines. Loss of some sound stage coupled with a more intimate sound. I think I like this signature better.

Jan 10, 2012 at 1:11 AM Post #610 of 103,503

Quote:
For the hell of it, I switched ears with the TT Isurus and they turned into bass machines. Loss of some sound stage coupled with a more a more intimate sound. I think I like this signature better.

What do you mean you switched ears? 
confused_face(1).gif

Jan 10, 2012 at 1:34 AM Post #613 of 103,503

Quote:
Oh, put the left earphone in the right ear and the right one in the left ear. May not work for some people.
biggrin.gif

Ah, I see. You're probably experiencing a larger soundstage due to the shallower fit. At least that's how it works for me. Tweaking stuff to make it sound best for you...that's the head-fi way 
beerchug.gif

Jan 10, 2012 at 1:47 AM Post #614 of 103,503
Updated sound signature characterization of the SHE9620 (fixed flawed characterization due to double-EQing both with system EQ and Electri-Q)

SHE3580 by-ear frequency response

SHE9620 by-ear frequency response

These have a smoother treble with less treble energy overall but more in the high treble.  Basswise these are more mid-bassy than the SHE3580 with less of that impressive subbass.  But these are not broken in, we'll see what that does to the bass I guess (in the case of the SHE3580, nothing whatsoever; a new pair and my old pair played a 30Hz tone just as loud).  I can see someone getting better sound out of the SHE9620 than the 3580 with a simple 10-band EQ found on most DAPs, thanks to the smoother treble response.  With no modifications I prefer the SHE3580 however, the SHE9620 is coloured by midbass while the SHE3580 sounds "clearer" thanks to the low treble emphasis.  However I suspect it is the source of the "strident" sound jant71 is complaining about.

As usual both phones take a giant leap in sound quality when I apply my custom EQs (ie the inverse of the by-ear frequency response graphs shown).  Not only is the sound balanced out but soundstaging becomes much more expansive and realistic as well.

As mentioned the build quality of the SHE9620 is very nice, with tangle-free thicker cords, chin slider, longer strain reliefs and a padded carrying pouch included.

BTW did anyone listen to the Live After Death album with and without processing?
Original and processed album for the SHE3580

Any impressions anybody?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 10, 2012 at 5:53 AM Post #615 of 103,503
Finally receive my TT.

Sound seems promisure, but first all, i must solve the tips Issue......indeed the majour Issue, to SQ perfomance.

triple flange may solve, but i havent any.

One hour, after receive TT, i was able to Improvement SQ, how?

I remove the metal mesh from the nose.

And put a tips like Sony hibryd , but one measure up....if you use normally a S put a M, if a M put a L.

less simbilance and better noise isolation.

Now its time to make a Hard punishment burn-in.

Thx dsnuts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back