The discovery thread!
Jan 10, 2012 at 10:21 AM Post #616 of 103,503
I might have to do that, im finding the detail holding back now i've burned them in a good 100 hours.

Dsnuts when you mention the isurus have an at sound sig, is it meant to sound wide open almost hollowed out?

Also is anyone finding them very harsh on source material, anything else i have is fine, but with the isurus it has to be a real quality rip or it sounds horrible?

Jan 10, 2012 at 1:23 PM Post #617 of 103,503
So let me tell you guys the reasoning for my madness in why i am trying out all sorts of earphones at similar price points. All the Philips phones for one.  Minus one SHE9700. All 3 of them,SHE9550,SHE9750,SHE9501 were lesser earphones to the SHE3580..It goes to show you how awesome the SHE3580 turned out to be..It does all sorts of right and even much more expensive Philips phones aren't better.  Now I recently got these 3. Sound 2 star. $10. These sound good but only in one ear.. Getting the return today I can tell these are bassy earphones which is ok but how about the rest of the sound. I have no idea cus the Right side was defective.
Pro2 E132.$23 Good earphones. Solid sound and nice clarity and balanced. This one was the best out of the 3 on this batch and
Panasonic HJE350..$19  looks like a similar housing design to the Isurus. Nope. These are small. A bit warmer sounding earphones. These have bigger bass as well but the highs and the mids take a back seat to the bass so these are similar to the sound of the SHE9750..I was curious to see why these are one of the most reviewed earphones on Amazon and many swear by them and I can understand why these are popular for Panasonic. It is also kinda ironic that the Philips equivalent the very bassy  SHE9750 also happens to be their most popular earphone being sold on Amazon. Cus we all know more bass means more quality! right?

The isurus and She 3580 wins over all of these. Better detail and imaging on the isurus can't be touched by any of them. The smoothness in sound of the SHE3580 can't be touched by all of these either. The pro2 E132 is a solid sounding earphone but to me when I changed up to the isurus I was missing the little nuances and detail of some of the more intricate tunes. Some of these come close and one in particular need its own thread. The SHE 9700, and all of these were purchased to see how these 2 earphones on this thread match up against their peers in the price range..

You guys are getting some fantastic sounding stuff and that is the bottom line.!

Jan 10, 2012 at 1:37 PM Post #618 of 103,503

Quote:
So let me tell you guys the reasoning for my madness in why i am trying out all sorts of earphones at similar price points. All the Philips phones for one.  Minus one SHE9700. All 3 of them,SHE9550,SHE9750,SHE9501 were lesser earphones to the SHE3580..It goes to show you how awesome the SHE3580 turned out to be..It does all sorts of right and even much more expensive Philips phones aren't better.  Now I recently got these 3. Sound 2 star. $10. These sound good but only in one ear.. Getting the return today I can tell these are bassy earphones which is ok but how about the rest of the sound. I have no idea cus the Right side was defective.
Pro2 E132.$23 Good earphones. Solid sound and nice clarity and balanced. This one was the best out of the 3 on this batch and
Panasonic HJE350..$19  looks like a similar housing design to the Isurus. Nope. These are small. A bit warmer sounding earphones. These have bigger bass as well but the highs and the mids take a back seat to the bass so these are similar to the sound of the SHE9750..I was curious to see why these are one of the most reviewed earphones on Amazon and many swear by them and I can understand why these are popular for Panasonic. It is also kinda ironic that the Philips equivalent the very bassy  SHE9750 also happens to be their most popular earphone being sold on Amazon. Cus we all know more bass means more quality! right?

The isurus and She 3580 wins over all of these. Better detail and imaging on the isurus can't be touched by any of them. The smoothness in sound of the SHE3580 can't be touched by all of these either. The pro2 E132 is a solid sounding earphone but to me when I changed up to the isurus I was missing the little nuances and detail of some of the more intricate tunes. Some of these come close and one in particular need its own thread. The SHE 9700, and all of these were purchased to see how these 2 earphones on this thread match up against their peers in the price range..

You guys are getting some fantastic sounding stuff and that is the bottom line.!

And we are greatful for you being the Field Tester  =) 

Jan 10, 2012 at 1:57 PM Post #619 of 103,503
Well I enjoy trying out new ones and that is how I find out about 99% of stuff I find.. I always look forward to finding a good one. Plus it is more or less research for me as I like keeping my shop stock with good sounding stuff on the cheap.. A little industry secret the better sounding and cheaper the more money I make off them. I keep the best and resell the rest. I sell these as fast as I can get them around here so it is a good thing to do and you guys just get the best info.

Jan 10, 2012 at 3:58 PM Post #620 of 103,503
Not sure why you tried that Pro2 E132 though. They look like they could just be the MEE CX21 which you would think sounds as good or better, has a nicer cable, comes with a decent case, and is $14.99 on Amazon. Not to mention MEE's customer service. I understand trying the Xeport as they offer the same quality for quite a bit less as it turns out after trying them. Not sure about paying a little bit more for a less polished product. Probably would have skipped those myself. Not that we don't appreciate the effort
smile_phones.gif
. I also subscribe to trying out some unknowns esp. when they are a bargain.

Just compared the 3580 to my old Kanen KM-948. I like the Kanen cable better and they came with slightly better tips. Fit-wise the Philips wins. Sound-wise they are quite similar sounding and on the same level. Depends on tips but the Kanen seems more airy at times unless you seat the Philips loosely where it doesn't isolate much. Either is a clear step behind the Isurus with enough hours on them and the right tips. The detail, clarity, and imaging are just more high end and the Isurus bass is some of the better I've heard in a dynamic quality-wise.

Jan 10, 2012 at 4:43 PM Post #621 of 103,503
Lol your right they do look just like the CX21s. Well I was looking at those star earphones on earphones plus page where I found both of the Pro2 E132 and the stars. I honestly didn't know these were probably Meelec CX21 rebrands.. Or are the Meelec CX21 rebrands of the E132s? In either case the phones themselves are actually very solid but I wouldn't put them as being special. I think for $20 they are a solid value and I don't think anyone would get angry that they payed that much for them. But would I buy them again..? Nope probably not. It was too bad the Silver sound 2 Star model was gimpy out of the box. They sounded promising, well at least the one side that worked properly. What are the chances that I get 2 bad earphones out of 6 I order.

Jan 10, 2012 at 5:43 PM Post #622 of 103,503
I haven't many tips.

But I discovered the problem of Isurus, needs some longer tips, which deviate more from the body of Isurus.

To remedy had to improvise a little, but I'd really like to find some longer and cheaper tips.

ph34r.gif

Jan 10, 2012 at 6:02 PM Post #623 of 103,503
I will let you know how the Jlab double flanges work on them real soon. They cost around $7 with free shipping. Will be worth it if they sound correct. 

Wait you can't put the housing of the isurus in your ear? Is it too big for your ear?. Lol. Those kinda look like the Thing Alien to me for some reason. You guys thought TT stands for Thermaltake.. It stands for The Thing!

Jan 10, 2012 at 7:15 PM Post #625 of 103,503

thanks, but i make myone dual Flange intermutable...ehehehe

this things, rocks!! "dire straits - Money for Nothing"

sorry for bad foto.

Quote:
I will let you know how the Jlab double flanges work on them real soon. They cost around $7 with free shipping. Will be worth it if they sound correct. 

Wait you can't put the housing of the isurus in your ear? Is it too big for your ear?. Lol. Those kinda look like the Thing Alien to me for some reason. You guys thought TT stands for Thermaltake.. It stands for The Thing!

Jan 10, 2012 at 7:23 PM Post #626 of 103,503

Quote:
like the Tt sooo much bought two more, my so has an android and so does my daughter.
thing? good thing. wow those are some long tips, pack, better isolation with those?

yes i need better isolation, i dont like housing touching hard my ear, trying to have more isolation, i like a natural and soft touch....now with my mod-2 is much better, until i buy something .

the big issue of Isurus is the tips.

I like the sound, is not a all-round, but in some albuns is fantastic.

for example they dont like Queen, to many musics with sss, but like Dire Straits and other stuff....btw loves Prince (Purple rain, kiss, get off , cream):D

I think they dont like voices and guitars with much sss in timbre and tone.....maybe thats why many people talk about simbilance.

Jan 10, 2012 at 9:22 PM Post #627 of 103,503
how did you make that? I was about to make DIY custom molds for my thermal takes...

Jan 10, 2012 at 10:17 PM Post #628 of 103,503

Quote:
how did you make that? I was about to make DIY custom molds for my thermal takes...

The first tip is from Radioqap Jazz, which is still poo in, lets you snap the nose, and still have a long track to get the tube, which is thin, dont takes area.

If you use the stock of Isurus tip in first place (nose) does not work, because it has no basis for the second.

But you can do this, using a heat-shrink \ shrinkable tube, grab the tube to the nose, you see?

then simply attach the second tip.

I made a change will talk later, and a miracle happened, got ambiance, liveness, and 3D scene, in almost everything I hear.

In the next few days explain with pictures.

I go to bed, here are 03AM.

The Isurus has a great Sound ... but is dependent on the tip ....incredible.

BTW, I took the wire mesh of the nose too.

Regards,

Jan 10, 2012 at 10:50 PM Post #630 of 103,503
was planning on doing this, I have the putty to do it aleady! 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmk-y_9exJ8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Users who are viewing this thread

Back