The discovery thread!
Nov 12, 2012 at 3:54 AM Post #4,756 of 102,898
Quote:
Well the MH1Cs have arrived today, and initially am not so impressed,
I have been listening to the R1's for the past few days and they have just been brilliant for me,
Hopefully with a lot more burn in they should be a whole lot better.
They just don't seem to wow me at the moment,

same, but after around 12 hours and some EQ adjustment: less mid-bass to get rid of some 'muddiness" and a bit more treble.

They sound 'orgasmic'...for 20 bucks anyway...

Nov 12, 2012 at 4:37 AM Post #4,757 of 102,898
same, but after around 12 hours and some EQ adjustment: less mid-bass to get rid of some 'muddiness" and a bit more treble.

They sound 'orgasmic'...for 20 bucks anyway...

Funny you should mention that. I just sent a MH1C to kalbee... with 18 packs oftissue as padding. He'll be sure to have something wipe the jizz off his MH1C after the eargasm that will inevitably happen :p

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 12, 2012 at 4:47 AM Post #4,758 of 102,898
Quote:
Funny you should mention that. I just sent a MH1C to kalbee... with 18 packs oftissue as padding. He'll be sure to have something wipe the jizz off his MH1C after the eargasm that will inevitably happen
tongue.gif

how thoughtful of you.

Nov 12, 2012 at 5:57 AM Post #4,759 of 102,898
Quote:
Well the MH1Cs have arrived today, and initially am not so impressed,
I have been listening to the R1's for the past few days and they have just been brilliant for me,
Hopefully with a lot more burn in they should be a whole lot better.
They just don't seem to wow me at the moment,

It is the exact opposite for me
biggrin.gif

Nov 12, 2012 at 1:07 PM Post #4,760 of 102,898
I am convinced some of us are getting raw drivers with no burn in.  My pair sounded nothing like they do now on open box so for what it is worth I would definitely burn in your MH1s.  My pair sounded too warm and undefined on open box.

Nov 12, 2012 at 1:54 PM Post #4,761 of 102,898
Quote:
I am convinced some of us are getting raw drivers with no burn in.  My pair sounded nothing like they do now on open box so for what it is worth I would definitely burn in your MH1s.  My pair sounded too warm and undefined on open box.

Try telling that to some of the doods in that MH1C thread, you're gonna get hanged. Rather you are believer in burn-in or not, these IEMs sounds amazing. It can only progress with more use so just burn them in while you are not using, doesn't hurt a thing.
beerchug.gif

Nov 12, 2012 at 1:57 PM Post #4,762 of 102,898
who cares for them, the best thing is just to ignore them, i got a few of them on my banned list, so whatever.
rolleyes.gif

One thing i am noting is that the treble in mine, is not "laid back",  its a bit agressive, i am the only one hearing this?

Nov 12, 2012 at 2:01 PM Post #4,763 of 102,898
Quote:
who cares ... burn in is free, so no harm there.

one thing i am noting is that the treble in mine, is not "laid back",  its a bit agressive, i am the only one hearing this?

haha lets just say the treble put me to sleep on these things. LoL My JVCs sound so much more aggressive. If you can deal with the crazy treble of the FX40s you can hang with these sonys for sure.  But maybe that's just me though so......

Nov 12, 2012 at 2:08 PM Post #4,765 of 102,898
People should always remember there are so many factors that determine how IEMS will sound for people.

The tips, insertion/seal, source player, source files, genres, psychological factors, vague definitions of sound, previous experience, etc.

Nov 12, 2012 at 5:03 PM Post #4,768 of 102,898
Quote:
Thats true, but coming from this thread it would be agreed what would sound smooth or bright. compared to the fx40 (which are mighty bright) the mh1c are mighty smooth while clearing up a bit with time.

Yes, there are more smoth and less bright than the FX40, but not close to "laid back", at least my unit.
My Soundmagic E30 has a more relaxed and less bright highs. (but overall, doesnt sound as good as the MH1).

Nov 12, 2012 at 5:28 PM Post #4,769 of 102,898
Quote:
haha lets just say the treble put me to sleep on these things. LoL My JVCs sound so much more aggressive. If you can deal with the crazy treble of the FX40s you can hang with these sonys for sure.  But maybe that's just me though so......

If you can deal with the crazy treble of the 40's, you can deal with anything lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back