The discovery thread!
Nov 12, 2012 at 8:43 PM Post #4,771 of 103,383
Jeez guys, I looked at the MH1C when the hype started, and now that I'm buying things on amazon I decided to check them out and they increased by $10. Hype train in action. I might just wait until hype has moved on and get them then.

Nov 12, 2012 at 8:48 PM Post #4,772 of 103,383
Quote:
Jeez guys, I looked at the MH1C when the hype started, and now that I'm buying things on amazon I decided to check them out and they increased by $10. Hype train in action. I might just wait until hype has moved on and get them then.

To be fair, ClieOS did initially say they were a great bargain at under $30.
The early listeners were just lucky enough to get it closer to $20

Nov 12, 2012 at 9:55 PM Post #4,774 of 103,383
Finally heard the UE 900 tonight. It's what the TF10 should have sounded like, but IMO it doesn't beat the W4. The W4 sounds more refined to my ears. The UE 900 will have to go back tomorrow. Again, it's quite an improvement over the TF10. If there's ever a sale and it goes as low as say $200, it will be worth having, but not at $400. The packaging is outstanding though. That's pretty much all I will say about them. I enjoy the W4 way more than the UE 900.

Nov 13, 2012 at 11:28 PM Post #4,775 of 103,383
Wow,
30 hours down the track, and these MH1C's, well...
I think they may have beaten my R1's and I loved those R1s!

I was listening to the track 'She Will Be Loved' By Maroon 5 on my iPod, using the MH1C's, and I wasn't fully paying attention to the music as I was studying at the time.
But then out of nowhere, I realized there was a freakin' bass line that I've heard for the first time... EVER!
I was so amazed at the clarity, and how the detail was all just there. It was just so awesome.
To make sure that I wasn't just hearing things, I chucked on my R1's, thinking that they would reproduce the same sound or even better.
But when I listened to it again, it was dull, and lifeless. The bass line was like it wasn't even there, and then I realized something else.
The vocals were so so so much clearer on the MH1C's, I couldn't believe that once putting back on the MH1Cs I could here the music in it's full glory!
They made the R1's seem so boring.
The MH1C's bring so much life to the music, and it just makes it so much more enjoyable, 
The sound out of my R1's sounds thin, and well just a bit boring.
Yes I would definitely say that the MH1C is really smooth sounding, but it doesn't mean that it doesn't have a great lower end too.
The bass/sub bass is still largely there,
I would like to regard myself as a bass head (although never actually owning basshead audio gear, I bloody wish i did!),
I love the head rattling stuff!
I thought that the MH1C lacked the bass end I wanted and thought that it wasn't going to be that good anyway, and that I would probably stick with the R1 for its nice sub bass.
But although it doesn't do bass that well in comparison to others, it does a whole lot better in every other section too.
I am finding the bass sufficient enough for my liking!
The bass is just one great component of the everything else. All the aspects are perfectly mixed to give a great awesome sound.
I don't care about the bass anymore. I just love the way the music sounds.

The really really annoying part is.....
THE FREAKING CORD!
That and that they won't stay in my ears on the go. 
I've tried all the tips and then tried walking and somehow it doesn't work.

I guess that's now one of the only positives for the R1, the bass, and the fact that they had comply tips that were really awesome at staying in your ears!

Well those are my impressions after 30hrs burn in,
Hopefully it only gets better from here :)

Nov 14, 2012 at 1:03 AM Post #4,776 of 103,383
MH1C is no joke.

A very refined sound that could easily be in the $200-$250 price range in sound quality. And unfortunately the head-fi snubs probably won't give this try like they refused to give the JVC FXD series a try.

I'm no snob, I ordered both the MH1 and MH1C to check it out.

Hmmmm is it made by Sony Japan, Sony Ericsson, or Sony Europe?

Nov 14, 2012 at 1:19 AM Post #4,777 of 103,383
I know some people have complained about the cord and some have offered helpful tips but has anyone tried around the neck with both lengths equal and asserting the clip on the RIGHT cord close to where ones collar would be?? Before I went with the earlier pics and had my clip right under the left bud for "support" but since fiddling a bit I feel like they have much better overall support and don't fall out of my ears so easily. Could be me but wanted to pass it along. Either way others find the flat cord an annoyance but I'll be damned if I don't like it very much hahaha. stay classy...

Nov 14, 2012 at 1:32 AM Post #4,779 of 103,383
"In a previous post about apostrophication, I asked why the contraction won’t for will not isn’t wo’n't, with apostrophes in each position where letters have been elided. In so doing, I skirted the obvious and much harder question of where the devil that o comes from. Why is it won’t and not win’t or willn’t?"

You see, I'm a bit picky, I just had to go look that up after writing "won't" at the end of my last post.  I don't think I'll like the MH1/C, lol.

...unless it sounds like the Final Audio Adagio V.

Nov 14, 2012 at 1:37 AM Post #4,780 of 103,383
MH1 series is previously made by Sony Ericsson, which is located in Sweden. Since Ericsson has sold its share of the company to Sony, the same company is now known as Sony Mobile, and a subsidiary of Sony Japan. Sony Mobile 'Europe' just indicating where the company HQ used to be. A few weeks ago the parent company (Sony Japan) has decided to integrated Sony Mobile Europe back to their Japan HQ in order to slim down the company. So it is likely we won't be seeing too much action from Sony Mobile Europe in the long run, but more from Sony Mobile Japan. Messy big company business.

Nov 14, 2012 at 2:06 AM Post #4,782 of 103,383
MH1 series is previously made by Sony Ericsson, which is located in Sweden.

Cool!  I went to an Ericsson factory once.  It was massive like several football fields.

I have one of the last Sony Ericsson smartphones (Xperia Ray) with very very nice sound quality, not excellent, just excellent for a smartphone.

I think it uses an ST-Ericsson DAC chip http://www.stericsson.com/products/audio-dacs.jsp, which the newer Sony Ericsson Xperia's don't, AFAIK.

There was a small cult surrounding Sony Ericsson Walkman phones, they did have a dedicated audio team at Ericsson, which may explain the sound quality in the MH1.

Nov 14, 2012 at 3:25 AM Post #4,783 of 103,383
Love MH1C strait out of box (fx101 is going in the box), finaly a sound that I can enjoy on my mobile, fits for all music genre with only 2 eq settings put to use. Going to burn them in just to see how can this get any better
blink.gif
. I wear them like the guy in pic with clip 3cm below the spliter and I taped the cord between clip and spliter for better position and it works great for me with the smallest tips that they come with. So I think my run for earbuds is over 
L3000.gif
 Of course I am not leaving this thread just in case 
biggrin.gif
tnx to all !!

Nov 14, 2012 at 3:46 AM Post #4,784 of 103,383
Love MHC1 strait out of box (fx101 is going in the box), finaly a sound that I can enjoy on my mobile, fits for all music genre with only 2 eq settings put to use. Going to burn them in just to see how can this get any better :blink: . I wear them like the guy in pic with clip 3cm below the spliter and I taped the cord between clip and spliter for better position and it works great for me with the smallest tips that they come with. So I think my run for earbuds is over :L3000:  Of course I am not leaving this thread just in case :D tnx to all !!

I finally for once can second that!
I no longer crave that head rattling and low rumbling bass anymore.
I enjoy the music that comes out of the MH1Cs, it's so vibrant and makes the listening experience so much more enjoyable.
I think I'm pretty sorted in terms of IEMs now..............

Thanks for the recommendations guys. My first real purchase in a while and it's a absolute great one, and only at $22! Such a steal.

Nov 14, 2012 at 4:49 PM Post #4,785 of 103,383
Quote:
I finally for once can second that!
I no longer crave that head rattling and low rumbling bass anymore.
I enjoy the music that comes out of the MH1Cs, it's so vibrant and makes the listening experience so much more enjoyable.
I think I'm pretty sorted in terms of IEMs now..............
Thanks for the recommendations guys. My first real purchase in a while and it's a absolute great one, and only at $22! Such a steal.

OK this is crazy, these MH1Cs are starting to freak me out for the 2nd time and NOW i can finally hear/ see why Ds said they have like 80% of the xba3s in sound. It just gets better and better with more burn-in and for some reason i get the best results burning them in with Flying Lotus "Until The Quiet Comes" album on full blast over night with my ipod classic (man these little suckas drain/ takes more juice than my JVC headphones when burning in on full blast, like 9 hours and battery almost empty). I have other bass heavy albums for burn-in but it doesn't get the same results for some reason.hmmmmmm strange maybe it's the funky beats in this album, I haven't listen it to much and not a huge fan so i just use it for burn-in. LMAO  

The 1st breakthrough was also with this album after like 4 full days of full blasting them initially with other bass heavy albums, and this recent, 2nd breakthrough was also with that Flying Lotus album. The over all sound now has become faster/ bass is less sluggish and the mids/ highs are a lot more transparent. Everything just sound so airy/ and in your face combined with that tight big bass extension makes the sound signature of these MH1Cs truly lovely and fun. There is also a ridiculous amount of sparkle in the mids and the highs which makes everything sound more refined without any harshness. I think these are now on par, if not has surpassed my JVC FXD70s. These MH1Cs are truly the total/ complete upgrade to the FX40s I was looking for. WOW!!!

Oh and the cable no longer bugs me, wear them over ears with a clip, there is little to no cord noise and it does not pop out as easily. Really comfy when worn over-ears as well.  

Thanks you'll for the heads up on this thing, truly a sonic gem!!!
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back