The discovery thread!
Oct 17, 2012 at 12:12 AM Post #3,841 of 100,664
Oh yea, I found out why those JVCs are so cheap.
Apparently it was because of a production fault, it isn't the seller.
I asked him about it and he stated that they would cover the discount offered for the lack of the cord thing.
Here:
[size=10.0pt]"Thanks for your query.In fact, I have the same feeling with you at the very beginning.I also buy this huge stock when I was so strange about the goods.The wire cord is not included in the original package, this is the fault of JVC company.At the very beginning, when I discover that the wire code is missing in the package I immediately called JVC (agent). They claimed that they are the production fault from the production process. They are willing to provide me the discount for all FX3X products.After I tested that the headset is Original and 100% good condition I accept this huge stock and sell in the eBay. I also offer this discount to all eBay buyer. They accept this package and headphone without code since we offer them this lowest price and they don?t care of the wire cord when they replied that it is ok since the package has ?XX? case to keep the headset with the gift of wire cord.If you don?t mind the wire cord and enjoy only the headset, you may accept this offer. We pack the product well to you before shipping.Thank you.With Best Regards,Peter,17-Oct-2012"[/size]

[size=10.0pt]So don't worry about it :)[/size]

Oct 17, 2012 at 3:29 AM Post #3,847 of 100,664
Quote:
I asked him about it and he stated that they would cover the discount offered for the lack of the cord thing.
Here:
[size=10.0pt]"Thanks for your query.In fact, I have the same feeling with you at the very beginning.I also buy this huge stock when I was so strange about the goods.The wire cord is not included in the original package, this is the fault of JVC company.At the very beginning, when I discover that the wire code is missing in the package I immediately called JVC (agent). They claimed that they are the production fault from the production process. They are willing to provide me the discount for all FX3X products.After I tested that the headset is Original and 100% good condition I accept this huge stock and sell in the eBay. I also offer this discount to all eBay buyer. They accept this package and headphone without code since we offer them this lowest price and they don?t care of the wire cord when they replied that it is ok since the package has ?XX? case to keep the headset with the gift of wire cord.If you don?t mind the wire cord and enjoy only the headset, you may accept this offer. We pack the product well to you before shipping.Thank you.With Best Regards,Peter,17-Oct-2012"[/size]

"Good story bro" BUT this entire thing smells fishy as hell. I assume they are selling/ shipping from China/ Hong Kong? And from the sounds of this it seems like it doesn't come in a full retail package, maybe I am wrong on this.

Nevertheless, I doubt that JVC messed up and forgot to include the wire cord wrap thing. They are saying they got a HUGE discount from JVC because of this little mistake and is selling it for so cheap, I somehow doubt it. Smells like fakes to me, it's crazy what China can fake these days and it looks 98% similar but the inners are a different story. But who knows maybe it's a true story but.......
rolleyes.gif

Oct 17, 2012 at 6:51 AM Post #3,849 of 100,664
Quote:
Here:

Mainstream company flogs off products missing minor component on the cheap rather than repackaging them... sounds legit.

Oct 17, 2012 at 3:13 PM Post #3,852 of 100,664
Yes yes received my xb90ex today! When I opened the box the first thing I did was connect them to my Samsung Galaxy S2 and started listening to my favorite techno livesets. And well.. I was kinda disappointed :frowning2: The bass was distorted and the highs sounded harsh to me although I heard the have a nice wide soundstage. Then it occurred to me that it might be the source, my telephone, that gave me that distorted sound. So I connected them to my Macbook. Man, that helped a lot! Like the other reviewers described earlier, that subbass hits nice and hard! Although it could have sounded a little bit more tight (hopefully this will be the case after some burn-in) The mids are very very good and have just enough presents. The highs now sound good, I wouldn't say sparkly but they are there with no sibbilance at all. But the big fun part is of course the bass, that big phat bass! To get the full potential and joy out of these phones you have to listen to deep bass heavy music, but that speaks for itself. That hard hitting subbass rumble is what I bought them for and that is what I found in these. Overall, from what I can tell after an hour of listening, these are good iems. I wasn't WOW'ed but I got what I wanted. Deep hard hitting subbass, pretty good mids, decent highs and and very wide sounding soundstage. My reference iems are the Allen & Heath Xone XD-20 (50 euro) and my new xb90ex beats the hell out of them.
This is my first review and I hope I was able to describe what I am hearing at the moment. English is not my native language but I tried to use the right vocabulary with a little help of the glossary of head-fi. I hope I helped you guys a little bit and if you have any questions, please let me know!

Oct 17, 2012 at 4:33 PM Post #3,853 of 100,664
Quote:
Yes yes received my xb90ex today! When I opened the box the first thing I did was connect them to my Samsung Galaxy S2 and started listening to my favorite techno livesets. And well.. I was kinda disappointed :frowning2: The bass was distorted and the highs sounded harsh to me although I heard the have a nice wide soundstage. Then it occurred to me that it might be the source, my telephone, that gave me that distorted sound. So I connected them to my Macbook. Man, that helped a lot! Like the other reviewers described earlier, that subbass hits nice and hard! Although it could have sounded a little bit more tight (hopefully this will be the case after some burn-in) The mids are very very good and have just enough presents. The highs now sound good, I wouldn't say sparkly but they are there with no sibbilance at all. But the big fun part is of course the bass, that big phat bass! To get the full potential and joy out of these phones you have to listen to deep bass heavy music, but that speaks for itself. That hard hitting subbass rumble is what I bought them for and that is what I found in these. Overall, from what I can tell after an hour of listening, these are good iems. I wasn't WOW'ed but I got what I wanted. Deep hard hitting subbass, pretty good mids, decent highs and and very wide sounding soundstage. My reference iems are the Allen & Heath Xone XD-20 (50 euro) and my new xb90ex beats the hell out of them.
This is my first review and I hope I was able to describe what I am hearing at the moment. English is not my native language but I tried to use the right vocabulary with a little help of the glossary of head-fi. I hope I helped you guys a little bit and if you have any questions, please let me know!

Somewhat similar situation here.  I just got my xb90ex's in the mail today.  Was thinking on the way home from work today how much I was hoping those headphones would be in the mailbox and there they were.  Hooked them up to my phone and while everything sounded extremely clear, the bass wasn't as hard hitting as I was hoping.  Have them plugged into my computer right now and wow, there is a ton of bass while listing to that BassDrive station.  I'm gonna leave them plugged in to start burning them in while I head to class tonight.  Looking forward to hearing what these sound like when they get broken in.  Already happy that they feel like a nice fit in my ears unlike my very painful ckm500's.

Oct 17, 2012 at 4:56 PM Post #3,854 of 100,664
Quote:

Somewhat similar situation here.  I just got my xb90ex's in the mail today.  Was thinking on the way home from work today how much I was hoping those headphones would be in the mailbox and there they were.  Hooked them up to my phone and while everything sounded extremely clear, the bass wasn't as hard hitting as I was hoping.  Have them plugged into my computer right now and wow, there is a ton of bass while listing to that BassDrive station.  I'm gonna leave them plugged in to start burning them in while I head to class tonight.  Looking forward to hearing what these sound like when they get broken in.  Already happy that they feel like a nice fit in my ears unlike my very painful ckm500's.

WoW that's good to hear that these sony's are so easy on the comfort front. The fit/ comfort issue was what I was afraid of regarding the ATH ckm500s as well. I got the Thermaltake Tts with similar housing/ style as the ckm500s and was not a fan of how it sits on my ear, cuz I can't stand earbuds types. So this is reassuring to hear that these sonys are comfy for you vaxick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back