The discovery thread!
Oct 17, 2012 at 5:03 PM Post #3,856 of 100,615
Quote:
Theres so many choices nowadays for great bassy IEMs..

I've personally decided to save up a bit more and now Im truly stuck...

FAD Adagio 3 or XB90ex or CKS77 or CKS99...

GET THEM ALL LIKE A BOSS!!! You know that pokemon catch phrase. 
devil_face.gif

haha good thing I am no longer in the market for more bass cannons...............................................................................for now.

Oct 17, 2012 at 5:15 PM Post #3,857 of 100,615
Quote:
GET THEM ALL LIKE A BOSS!!! You know that pokemon catch phrase. 
devil_face.gif

haha good thing I am no longer in the market for more bass cannons...............................................................................for now.

Haha if only I had the money I would be glad to. I'm upgrading my whole rig though so I need to save some money for other stuff.

Oct 17, 2012 at 5:32 PM Post #3,858 of 100,615
Quote:
Haha if only I had the money I would be glad to. I'm upgrading my whole rig though so I need to save some money for other stuff.

I had the sonys in my crosshairs but ericp got to throw that stupid FAD wrench in, and now it's like this........ ooops missed!

Thanks ericp!!!
angry_face.gif

It's an interesting time indeed for sound tech, so many good options so fast, and for so much cheaper....... truly hard to keep track/ up. ha

edit: good thing we got our beloved Dsnuts to do all the dirty work for us hohohohohoho
beerchug.gif

Oct 17, 2012 at 5:58 PM Post #3,859 of 100,615
Quote:
I had the sonys in my crosshairs but ericp got to throw that stupid FAD wrench in, and now it's like this........ ooops missed!

Thanks ericp!!!
angry_face.gif

It's an interesting time indeed for sound tech, so many good options so fast, and for so much cheaper....... truly hard to keep track/ up. ha

edit: good thing we got our beloved Dsnuts to do all the dirty work for us hohohohohoho
beerchug.gif

Sorry sfwalcer...lol.. But I think you will enjoy the FAD. Happy listening! 
regular_smile .gif

Oct 17, 2012 at 7:08 PM Post #3,860 of 100,615
Quote:
Sorry sfwalcer...lol.. But I think you will enjoy the FAD. Happy listening! 
regular_smile%20.gif

Say sorry to me as well lol! I thought that the only big decision I had was between the fxd70`s and 80`s (for which you supplied some great info). That was before I realized that this thread had other goodies in it as well like the FAD. Goodness!

Oct 17, 2012 at 9:24 PM Post #3,861 of 100,615
Quote:

Say sorry to me as well lol! I thought that the only big decision I had was between the fxd70`s and 80`s (for which you supplied some great info). That was before I realized that this thread had other goodies in it as well like the FAD. Goodness!

Okay, sorry to you too. But hey, they got me many times like this when I was just starting out on head-fi. Best advice is find one (or two) earphones you really really like and then delete your head-fi account. lol

Oct 17, 2012 at 11:07 PM Post #3,865 of 100,615
Quote:
Which of the bassy earphones has the best build quality? Which has the best isolation?

Probably the Sony, but the III isn't bad. But no frills with the III. You get the earphone and three sets of tips. That's it. The money is put into the sound and I think that's how they keep it under $100.

Oct 18, 2012 at 1:51 AM Post #3,867 of 100,615
Okay, sorry to you too. But hey, they got me many times like this when I was just starting out on head-fi. Best advice is find one (or two) earphones you really really like and then delete your head-fi account. lol

How's that working out for you LOL! Anyway, I was happy enough with my px100-ii and my almighty modded ksc75's. But I couldn't leave well enough alone. Now I have the glorious ha-s500 (with ath pleathers), and I think I will be complete once I get some good iem's (leaning towards the 80's). *Then* I can delete my head-fi account (for a few months anyway!).

Oct 18, 2012 at 1:53 AM Post #3,868 of 100,615
whoevcer has the xb90ex - change the stock tips for some wide bore tips, as the stock ones definitely restrict the sound and make the bass sound bloated... wide bore tips open up the iems, bring out the highs and mids a bit and make the bass tighter... also, good extensive burn in with loud music is necessary.

Oct 18, 2012 at 1:56 AM Post #3,870 of 100,615
Quote:
How's that working out for you LOL! Anyway, I was happy enough with my px100-ii and my almighty modded ksc75's. But I couldn't leave well enough alone. Now I have the glorious ha-s500 (with ath pleathers), and I think I will be complete once I get some good iem's (leaning towards the 80's). *Then* I can delete my head-fi account (for a few months anyway!).

You read what this man wrote about the ATH pleathers on his HA-S500? Check out the HA-S500 thread. I am telling you ericp. You think they sound good now. Just so you know Waynenumm, Ericp here was the first to buy a HA-S500.. You listen to what this guy says he won't steer you wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back