The discovery thread!
Oct 15, 2012 at 3:49 PM Post #3,811 of 100,119
These to me sound more like the HA-S500 in tuning more than the HA-S400. A bud for the gym perhaps.? lol. Ya not a real necessity if you guys own the FXD and the HA-S headphones. I am just happy they actually turned out much nicer than my initial impressions. I didn't feel these lived up to the JVC heritage but now they do for certain. I will continue to burn in I think I need just a bit more but I am loving how these are turning out.

You guys should know how small the housing is on the FX40. These actually have a smaller housing similar in size to the SHE3580 but the sound tuning is much more dynamic over any of the Philips earphones. I suppose you have to like a more detailed sound to love these but for what they are. Another JVC earphone that carries more than their purchased price.

Oct 15, 2012 at 4:04 PM Post #3,812 of 100,119
Quote:
These to me sound more like the HA-S500 in tuning more than the HA-S400. A bud for the gym perhaps.? lol. Ya not a real necessity if you guys own the FXD and the HA-S headphones. I am just happy they actually turned out much nicer than my initial impressions. I didn't feel these lived up to the JVC heritage but now they do for certain. I will continue to burn in I think I need just a bit more but I am loving how these are turning out.

You guys should know how small the housing is on the FX40. These actually have a smaller housing similar in size to the SHE3580 but the sound tuning is much more dynamic over any of the Philips earphones.

just go there!!! WOW similar to the S500s in sound signature, we need more impressions ASAP!!!
triportsad.gif

Oct 15, 2012 at 4:10 PM Post #3,813 of 100,119
You guys are funny! I have the FXD70 with me today (doing much traveling and hope to settle down finally this week as I have things that must be completed soon). But I'll say this: although the FXD80 sound better to my ears, I am more amazed about the sound signature of the FXD70 than it's big brother. Almost like the SM2 wowed me more than the SM3. The FXD70 is one of the most detailed and transparent dynamic IEMs I've ever heard. And it's pretty balanced and neutral to my ears.

Dsnuts I'm so behind on stuff. I really need to get the extensive Audiofly reviews up, and then I'll write more about the Adagio. But that FAD is like a high powered expensive sub-woofer system to my ears.

Oct 15, 2012 at 4:13 PM Post #3,815 of 100,119
Quote:
You guys are funny! I have the FXD70 with me today (doing much traveling and hope to settle down finally this week as I have things that must be completed soon). But I'll say this: although the FXD80 sound better to my ears, I am more amazed about the sound signature of the FXD70 than it's big brother. Almost like the SM2 wowed me more than the SM3. The FXD70 is one of the most detailed and transparent dynamic IEMs I've ever heard. And it's pretty balanced and neutral to my ears.

Dsnuts I'm so behind on stuff. I really need to get the extensive Audiofly reviews up, and then I'll write more about the Adagio. But that FAD is like a high powered expensive sub-woofer system to my ears.

ya Danny was telling me how impressed he was with them..I am in the process of getting rid of some of my older stuff as I want newer stuff. Look forward to your impressions.

Oct 15, 2012 at 8:36 PM Post #3,816 of 100,119
:D

Anyway!

Seems like my next iem is going to be a W4 or something on that price range because my fxd70 and 80 are so good that my next iem has to be a big step foward, no sidegrades, i am not spending 100 200 bucks on little upgrades over them. I am not eve sure if its worth spending 400 on iem, yea maybe but..... I am very happy my 70 and 80's, they sound sooo goood, got the bass. The mids the highs.. :)

Oct 15, 2012 at 8:50 PM Post #3,817 of 100,119
Quote:
Anyway!
Seems like my next iem is going to be a W4 or something on that price range 

If you're expecting massive improvements, save your money. A lot of those iems offer only marginal improvements on the ones in the $150 to 200 range. You'll basically be looking at sound signature changes, with scientifically intangible improvements.

Oct 15, 2012 at 8:53 PM Post #3,818 of 100,119
I have hopes for my new Sony XBA-3s which for the cash was a no brainer. Will report back on how they sound I should be getting those in a day or so. Can't wait. Ya rick I mention this to Gee on the HA-S500 thread. I think you should save up for a real good one. Something like the new Sony MDR-1R.. I have a feeling these will be a nice upgrade on the HA-S500 and or maybe the M-100. Not enough impressions of the new Sonys. But I have a good feeling about them and the M-100s seem to be the real deal.

Oct 15, 2012 at 9:03 PM Post #3,820 of 100,119
If you're expecting massive improvements, save your money. A lot of those iems offer only marginal improvements on the ones in the $150 to 200 range. You'll basically be looking at sound signature changes, with scientifically intangible improvements.

Ok. Thanks man. I see myself being happy for a long while with my 70 and 80's, If its a better NCT iem i would buy them on a heartbeat.

Oct 15, 2012 at 9:10 PM Post #3,821 of 100,119
I have hopes for my new Sony XBA-3s which for the cash was a no brainer. Will report back on how they sound I should be getting those in a day or so. Can't wait. Ya rick I mention this to Gee on the HA-S500 thread. I think you should save up for a real good one. Something like the new Sony MDR-1R.. I have a feeling these will be a nice upgrade on the HA-S500 and or maybe the M-100. Not enough impressions of the new Sonys. But I have a good feeling about them and the M-100s seem to be the real deal.

Talking about sonys xba series, they are selling xba1's for 70 bucks down here in Sony Center. Tempeted cause youall know that down here its hard to find decent or good stuff, very tempted since i can grab and buy them, they where selling them for 100bucks 2 months ago, but i am not sure if they are worth it. The only reason of considering is i can pickup them up tomorrow if i want.

Oct 15, 2012 at 9:45 PM Post #3,822 of 100,119
I would check to see if you can return them if you don't like them. But you never know they might be decent. Some guys actually like those more than the XBA-4s. Go figure. We expect a full report if you do. You know this!

Oct 15, 2012 at 9:52 PM Post #3,823 of 100,119
:D
Anyway!
Seems like my next iem is going to be a W4 or something on that price range because my fxd70 and 80 are so good that my next iem has to be a big step foward, no sidegrades, i am not spending 100 200 bucks on little upgrades over them. I am not eve sure if its worth spending 400 on iem, yea maybe but..... I am very happy my 70 and 80's, they sound sooo goood, got the bass. The mids the highs.. :)

I'd definitely wait or check into full size headphones. With my experience with dozens and dozens of gear, it's hard to best the fxd's.

Oct 15, 2012 at 10:02 PM Post #3,824 of 100,119
I don't think the W4 would be a proper continuation/upgrade considering of what I know of the FXDs based on what I read here and it's graph (can make this more definitve later :wink: ). The W4 is quite conservative, don't think it will have the energy or extension of the FXDs. The FAD Heaven IEMs seem closer to that kind of upgrade, if anything, but I think you may find luck in full-size stuff while keeping the FXDs for portable use. 

Oct 15, 2012 at 10:07 PM Post #3,825 of 100,119
I don't think the W4 would be proper considering of what I know of the FXDs based on what I read here and it's graph. The W4 is quite conservative, don't think it will have the energy or extension. The FAD IEMs seem closer to that kind of upgrade, if anything. 

After having some brief listening session today with the FAD heaven series, I would definitely agree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back