The discovery thread!
Oct 5, 2012 at 6:06 PM Post #3,631 of 100,424
Can we have an ETA on when the new iems are going to be delivered Dsnuts? Or at least the brand name so we can speculate on which iem it is 
wink_face.gif

Oct 5, 2012 at 8:36 PM Post #3,635 of 100,424
Let me do a burn in overnight before I write impressions. These need burn in. So far they have a familiar JVC tuning..This is yet another company that is taking some design cues from AT. These have a mini air chamber out back. More space for them drivers to breathe. I ordered one of these while I was ordering the HA-S400 from buyfromjapan. Commence burn in.

Oct 6, 2012 at 1:24 PM Post #3,638 of 100,424
Wow. Overnight burn in and these are starting to impress. lol. Been A/Bing the FX101 and the FX40. We might have another winner in our midst! I want to listen to these all day and get used to their sound. So this air chamber seems to make a difference in sound tuning for these earphones. More soon.

Oct 6, 2012 at 10:54 PM Post #3,639 of 100,424
I'm really shocked by these earpods. 

I started playing Far Cry 2 again to warm up for the release of FC3, and I'm using my earpods. Spatial positioning is great, explosions and gunshots sound very realistic, and just the expansiveness of the soundstage agrees very well with the open landscape design of the game.

These are definitely my new recommendation for people who need iphone friendly earphones on a budget.

Oct 7, 2012 at 4:39 AM Post #3,641 of 100,424
Quote:
Thanks eric, I'll wait for further impressions from you but I'll take your word that these would be something I'd enjoy.  Always been curious about the FA's but didn't realize they had something affordable to try out that wasn't the earbud designed forte's.  

Looking at the design of the nozzle of the forte models, it seems that you can put tips on them as if they are iems
rolleyes.gif

Oct 7, 2012 at 11:03 AM Post #3,642 of 100,424
A little update on the FAD Adagio III. The bass is phenomenal! Yes, the bass is is as large (if not just a tick or two shy) as the XB90. But what is even more amazing is the soundstage. The soundstage is inline and comparable to the soundstage in the IE8, but without the veil over the sound that I sensed in the Senn. I think the mids take a bit of a back seat to the bass (but I wouldn't call the mids recessed). What you get is vocals that aren't as forward as they are in D80 and D70 as a comparison, but you get a sweeping large soundstage for an instrument like the acoustic piano. I mean there are few other IEMs that I've heard that has made the piano sound so full. Treble.... Now treble is interesting. If you like highs that are sort of harshed (EX600 or EX1000), well this won't be the earphone for you. I find the treble to be just enough for my ears with nice extension. But here's the rub: the III is a wide-bore nozzle. Usually I've found that tips with the widest tip end helps bring the most music out of the IEMs with widest nozzles. I've been tip rolling and threw on some Auvio tips. Well that was much too much bass to my ears and it seem to diminish the highs. But I decided to try tips with a smaller opening. First, I used some tips from the M4. It gave some improvement in the highs, but the sound was still kind of off to me. I rarely like standard tips, and those were just okay (the ones that came with the IEM). Then I decided to dig out some Sony hybrids some friends sent to me a while back. BAM! (pun intended). Bass is still impactful; the mids are pushed a bit more forwards; and the highs are pushed a bit more forward too. A perfect blend of the entire sound spectrum on a wide soundstage palette. 

I want to say something about the bass again. This BAM system gives a powerful bass that's very clean. It reminds of the bass of the DDM, except that bass never sounded as clean. I wouldn't call the sound of the III warm or cool at this point, but it is a dry sound. Is it better than other IEMs in its price realm (AF56, CKM500, D80/D70, etc.)?  Well, it's better than the CKM500 to my ears definitely. The others, I wouldn't say it's better or worst. I would say it does some things better (like the massive soundstage), but it really depends on the individual's sound preferences. Overall in sound, I think the JVCs still possess the best sound quality, but the III doesn't sound like any other IEM I own right now - and it sounds damn good! So that's a plus in my book.  

Oct 7, 2012 at 2:57 PM Post #3,643 of 100,424
Quote:
I'm really shocked by these earpods. 

I started playing Far Cry 2 again to warm up for the release of FC3, and I'm using my earpods. Spatial positioning is great, explosions and gunshots sound very realistic, and just the expansiveness of the soundstage agrees very well with the open landscape design of the game.

These are definitely my new recommendation for people who need iphone friendly earphones on a budget.

Damn it eke makes me really want to try them earpods now, get on it Dsnuts! LoL

@ericp looks like you found a winner there. Just for reference are these the sony tips you used?

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-EPEX10A-BLK-Replacement-Earbuds/dp/B001RB24UA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1349635934&sr=8-1&keywords=sony+tips

If so, looks like these are a must own tips as well as the Auvio ones, too bad Radio Shack no longer carries those any more, sad. 

Oct 7, 2012 at 4:53 PM Post #3,644 of 100,424
Quote:
Damn it eke makes me really want to try them earpods now, get on it Dsnuts! LoL

@ericp looks like you found a winner there. Just for reference are these the sony tips you used?

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-EPEX10A-BLK-Replacement-Earbuds/dp/B001RB24UA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1349635934&sr=8-1&keywords=sony+tips

If so, looks like these are a must own tips as well as the Auvio ones, too bad Radio Shack no longer carries those any more, sad. 

Yes, those are the Sony tips sfwalcer.

Oct 7, 2012 at 6:04 PM Post #3,645 of 100,424
Quote:
Wow. Overnight burn in and these are starting to impress. lol. Been A/Bing the FX101 and the FX40. We might have another winner in our midst! I want to listen to these all day and get used to their sound. So this air chamber seems to make a difference in sound tuning for these earphones. More soon.

Awaiting your further impressions. Should have did a combined shipping of these with my S500 & 400, only if I had noticed earlier.

Just hoping the FX31 are a step up from SHE3580. I read that the FX40s > SHE350 too, but seems like they're too bright on the top end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back