The discovery thread!
Aug 14, 2012 at 1:45 PM Post #2,973 of 103,248
Quote:
Just ordered the s500 gonna get them on the 21
tongue.gif

I call bull, pics of your iem collection or it didn't happen. Liesssssssssssssss......
biggrin.gif

Quote:

[size=1.7em] JVC HAFX8B[/size]

anyone tried that out yet?

Read way back that these were ok for their cheap price but nothing special. Good for exercise, etc.

Aug 14, 2012 at 4:07 PM Post #2,978 of 103,248
Quote:
Ya but what you guys have to understand.. Yes the specs say 14mm on the CKM99 and 13.5 on the isaurus.. And sound specs are different as well.. However. If I was AT and I outsourced a house driver to a company name Thermaltake why would I show the world that I am using the same driver? What matches up is the sound description from Jokers review on the CKM99 and others. They are describing the Isaurus exactly there is no denying this..Sure I would love to just purchase a CKM99 and do A/B testing to make sure but you know what. I know what I hear and I am hearing the exact description.. Read what SoundFreaq wrote and that was before he even read Jokers review. Do the comparison on what he wrote and what joker wrote on the description for the CKM99.

@Inks I think I wouldn't have been so happy if I spent $200 on the CKM99 so you are right but for $20?

Heres an idea....sacrifice a pair of Thermaltakes and pair of CK99's and open the housings up to ID the drivers.

While that might be costly you very well could verify if they indeed are the same drivers.

Aug 14, 2012 at 5:35 PM Post #2,979 of 103,248
New toy came in today.  Nice housing, seems well built.  Strain reliefs are nice and great L plug.  Small and light.  Only flaw is the thin rubbery cable.  Has Mic and remote which seem well built into the cable but the buttons are recessed and I have to use my fingernails to press them.  Comes with a square semi-hard case and five tips, two pairs are tri-flanges.  Very nice packaging.  

Sounds very neutral.  The whole sound spectrum is evenly presented.  It could use a bit more sparkle for my taste.  So far, no wow factor for me but I like a little color in my sound.  Bass is precise with soft impact and does not bleed.  Vocals are not forward but definitely not recessed.  Treble is smooth and gives enough details but lacks the sparkle I mentioned earlier.  Very small drivers so some burn-in might help these out.  Very nice looking earphone though.  

Aug 14, 2012 at 6:01 PM Post #2,980 of 103,248
Quote:
I call bull, pics of your iem collection or it didn't happen. Liesssssssssssssss......
biggrin.gif

Read way back that these were ok for their cheap price but nothing special. Good for exercise, etc.

The HA-FX8 is known as the Riptidz. It sounds quite good for around $7, and imo it is the best IEM under $10. In the $14-20 range though, the Panasonic RP-HJE355 and JVC HA-FX40 are much better than the Riptidz.

Aug 14, 2012 at 6:48 PM Post #2,981 of 103,248
Quote:
i'm still wondering about the JVC HA-FX31,as it's more expensive than the fx40

i 2nd this view, will a brave soul out there venture into this endeavor..... c'mon mochill ahahahahahahaha you DA MAN!!!

Quote:
I have no camera so, sorry for the dissapointment ;p

Mad disappoint son.
normal_smile%20.gif

Aug 14, 2012 at 7:41 PM Post #2,982 of 103,248
Quote:
They aren't that far apart.  There's more of a mid-bass presence in the 60's.  They both hit the sub-bass notes very well but the 90's do it effortlessly.  Overall, the 60's do everything the 90's do but loses on refinement of the whole sound spectrum.  I'd say they are around 80-90% of the 90's depending who's comparing them.

Thanks... looks like a worthy option. But how then would the cks77 still be a grade below the 60's?

Aug 14, 2012 at 10:09 PM Post #2,984 of 103,248
Quote:
Thanks... looks like a worthy option. But how then would the cks77 still be a grade below the 60's?

Did I say they were a grade below the 77's?  Didn't mean to.  Depending on personal preferences, it could go either way.  The 60's have more sub-bass then the 77's and the 77's have more mid-bass.  77's bass hits harder if I remember correctly.  Soundstage is about even and the 77's might have more treble.  I prefer the 60's over the 77's but not everyone will.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back