The discovery thread!
Aug 14, 2012 at 10:51 PM Post #2,986 of 102,869
Quote:
these sony XB90's are presented as better, so was wondering if it would hold true for the 60's.
I have to do something about all these phones, besides listening. 

I think the price difference right now is around $50 for the 60's vs 90's.  I would say the 60's are about 90% of the 90's sound but someone with a more critical ear might say 80%.  I know Dsnuts has written some comparisons in here between the 77's vs the 90's and called them the upgrade.  If that holds true, I would consider the 60's a slight upgrade and not a side grade.  

Aug 15, 2012 at 12:32 AM Post #2,988 of 102,869
Quote:

Did my comments about giving some loving to the mum-in-law did it for you or ? .....
wink.gif

tbh, that's all i am looking forward to, the S500 is just icing on top. Oh and your statement sounds so wrong when taken out of context. ahahaha
rolleyes.gif
eek.gif

Quote:
Those martain logan sure looks sexy ;p......and i heard that they are supposed to be very neutral sounding

DO IT!!! BUT.... more importantly buy yourself a camera 1st. ha

Aug 15, 2012 at 12:37 AM Post #2,989 of 102,869
Quote:
Those martain logan sure looks sexy ;p......and i heard that they are supposed to be very neutral sounding

Very sexy indeed.  My thoughts have changed since the initial listen with the iPhone.  Have been burning them in for the past few hours and have been amping them.  These respond very well with an amp.  They remind me of the FXD80's quite a bit but haven't A/B'd them yet.  Very spacious and dynamic.  Some of the best male vocals I've heard in an earphone yet.  Metal sounds absolutely fantastic.  More impressions at a later date.  

Aug 15, 2012 at 12:51 AM Post #2,990 of 102,869
Goes not to sure where to ask this,
But...
Is there anyway to plug my iPod into my speakers without any loss of sound quality, and volume, at all?
Because its currently happening now and I can't figure out what to do.

Thanks

Aug 15, 2012 at 12:03 PM Post #2,993 of 102,869
i know that almost all has been said about the Fx40,  but i have to give you all  my personal experience with them.

Once i got them, i gave them 3 days of burn-in, like 70 hours.   didnt like them that much beacuse of the piercing highs (for my personal preference), so was using more the Fx101 and SH3580. 

After reading the S500 thread, i decided that i would give these Fx40 a second chance, but this time i did something diferent with the burn in process.  First time i  burned them 3 days at 70% volume , but this time i gave them 336 hours of extra burning at 100% of volume!!!  yea!  2 weeks non stop!    used my PC at home, looped a few heavy bass songs, checked at nights if there where still sounding but didnt put them in my ears.

i thought.. "what the he$%, if they burn and dont work anymore, NO PROBLEMA, i didnt even like them that much, i got more phones to use so they wont be missed!

BUT,  after 336+hours (almost 400) on burn in  THESE ARE AWESOME!!!  i even like them over the FX101!!!    they dont have the same big bass the Fx101 has, but the bass is big enough, goes deep, highs? MUUUCCHHH BETTER!  i can hear them for HOURS without a problem, clarity is awesome.  they still have that "high" sounding signature, that would never change even after 1000 hours of burn in, but the diference is that i can use them and hear all  kind of music NO PROBLEMA.!!

i really dont know when those highs got "tamed", beacuse i plugged them straigt to the PC and gave them the try after 2 weeks.  i cant tell if it was at the 200 mark or when, all i can say they ROCK!!!....   maybe its beacuse i gave the A REAL POUNDING AT 100% of the volume?  could be? i dont know!   FX40 FTW!!!   :)

so, smack them! hit them, abuse them.. give those nanotubes the pounding of their lives!!!

For all you that dont believe in the Burn In proces NO PROBLEMA!... all i can say is that it works for theses Fx40!!

Aug 16, 2012 at 3:06 AM Post #2,998 of 102,869
Quote:
Preach brotha rockdohc PREACH that nanotube gospel!!!  Giving my 40's some more major burn in as well to see if it will completely smooth out the highs/ sibilance.  I got 2 pairs at different burn in stages to compare so hope one becomes REAL smooth real soon. 

If he had to burn those FX40 at 100% volume to do the job, then he better have something that can produce 130% volume should he want them S500 !

The 40mm CNT drivers in the S500 needs a louder volume than what's required for the puny FX40's drivers.

Aug 16, 2012 at 4:04 AM Post #2,999 of 102,869
Quote:
Goes not to sure where to ask this,
But...
Is there anyway to plug my iPod into my speakers without any loss of sound quality, and volume, at all?
Because its currently happening now and I can't figure out what to do.

Thanks

No idea what you talking about meng, maybe your speakers are broken??? When you plug your ipod into the speakers 3.5mm audio jack you should get sound,if so what's the problem? If no sound your speakers are busted or something. Maybe time to upgrade to a better set of blasters cuz they are akin to IEMs/ headphones there is a diff in brand/ price/ etc yo.    

Quote:

If he had to burn those FX40 at 100% volume to do the job, then he better have something that can produce 130% volume should he want them S500 !

The 40mm CNT drivers in the S500 needs a louder volume than what's required for the puny FX40's drivers.

Scares.......... been burning them 40s on my cheapo lappy ha, I don't think poor little me can handle the BIG BAD driver of the S500s.................................runs away.
very_evil_smiley.gif

OMG haven't been listening to my 40's for a quick minute, just got back on it and is floored by it's lovely HD sound, listening to instrumentals is SEX with these. I CAN FINALLY SEE CLEARLY MY GOD!!!....truly afraid of what the S500 and the FXD70s are gonna sound like..........hold me. 
frown.gif

Aug 16, 2012 at 5:28 AM Post #3,000 of 102,869
Quote:
No idea what you talking about meng, maybe your speakers are broken??? When you plug your ipod into the speakers 3.5mm audio jack you should get sound,if so what's the problem? If no sound your speakers are busted or something. Maybe time to upgrade to a better set of blasters cuz they are akin to IEMs/ headphones there is a diff in brand/ price/ etc yo.    

Well if you calling Shahinian Diaspon not a good speaker anyway then there is something wrong with you :)
No I get sound and all, and I've tried with other speakers, and it seems that the volume drops compared to a CD, I am using a 3.5mm Jack too
Is that the problem?

Does anyone know what I need to do or buy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back