The discovery thread!
Aug 11, 2012 at 8:28 AM Post #2,941 of 103,285
Quote:
Omnom ive got both. To sum things up,the xb90 is an upgrade over the ckm500. The bass reaches deeper. The mids give out more details. The highs are smoother and has more details. Not to degrade the ckm500 but the sonys are just on a higher level. The presentation and soundstage is also superior on the sonys. That said, I still enjoy both with the xb90 getting more ear time. It is that enjoyable. Just pure musical bliss. Oh so engaging! I really think this is due to the 16mm drivers being utilized to its maximum potential. A bass rumble ive never heard in any iem. It is simply a basshead audiophiles delight! Just like drinking Hennessy Cognac. The more you listen, the better it sounds!

Hey dude just curious if you've heard/have/had the cks77 also.  Would be nice to hear another opinion on how they compare to the new sony's

Aug 11, 2012 at 2:07 PM Post #2,944 of 103,285
Quote:

If you mean the JVC HA-S500,   ...it's no contest !

The FX40 bass goes respectfully deep but it's like a habour tug compared to an Aircraft Carrier when you pit it against the bass of the S500. In the mids and high regions, the S500 compares more to the much higher end FXD80.

So far, EVERYONE around here, whom I lend my S500 for a short audition have been impressed. 

haha, that was my intended plan. But since I got the FXD 70's coming in now as well, this will make a much better/ more interesting A/B test.

HOW DARE YOU DISS MY BELOVED 40's LIKE THAT, MAKES ME WANNA PUNCH SOMEBODY!!! ha
  KAPOW!!!

Looks like Dsnuts/ ericp10 was right on the money on these S500s, OMG can't wait to get it, along with the 70s.  So HYPED right now. 

Aug 11, 2012 at 8:12 PM Post #2,947 of 103,285
Quote:
Fx40 or fx101?

Well it depends what type of music you mostly listen to. If you want a lot of bass with decent mids/ good highs, the 101s. The 101s has a more "mainstream" sound with emphasis of the lower spectrum.

But for me the 40s are more musical/ balanced and out classes the 101s in all aspects except for quantity of bass; the bass on the 40s are no slouch as well. I get a lot more immersion with the 40s and they can pretty much handle any type of music. 

Carbon nanotubes OWNS!!!

Aug 11, 2012 at 10:08 PM Post #2,948 of 103,285
So true, nanotube ftw. I made a mistake, didnt burn the fx40 long enough. They are sounding much better with more and more hours of burn in. Left them at work all weekend, thats 48 hours more. Cant wait for monday morning!

Aug 12, 2012 at 1:53 PM Post #2,950 of 103,285
Quote:
Well it depends what type of music you mostly listen to. If you want a lot of bass with decent mids/ good highs, the 101s. The 101s has a more "mainstream" sound with emphasis of the lower spectrum.

But for me the 40s are more musical/ balanced and out classes the 101s in all aspects except for quantity of bass; the bass on the 40s are no slouch as well. I get a lot more immersion with the 40s and they can pretty much handle any type of music. 

Carbon nanotubes OWNS!!!

thought, that the ckm500s will own every jvc easily. not true?

Aug 12, 2012 at 2:15 PM Post #2,951 of 103,285
Quote:

Never had the pleasure of listening to the ckm500s, but these new jvc carbon nanotube drivers are serious business.  I'll get the ckm500s eventually but for now nanotubes are my priority cuz I am literally addicted to their amazing HD sound/ imagery and instrument separation.

Aug 12, 2012 at 2:35 PM Post #2,952 of 103,285
Quote:

Quote:
Never had the pleasure of listening to the ckm500s, but these new jvc carbon nanotube drivers are serious business.  I'll get the ckm500s eventually but for now nanotubes are my priority cuz I am literally addicted to their amazing HD sound/ imagery and instrument separation.

The ckm500 WILL NOT own the jvcs. The jvcs however won't OWN the ckm500 either. They're different sound signatures. Ckm500's has that nice warm and great thick mids. It has a great soundstage compared to the jvcs, but then the jvcs can also catch up to the ckm500s. I haven't owned one jvc yet except this new jvc ha-s500s that are coming my way. Jvcs has a little more detail than the ckm500s from what I've read. That doesn't mean the ckm500 loses to it as it has its own great strengths. 

Aug 13, 2012 at 5:22 PM Post #2,953 of 103,285
Question about the Sonys.. My only complaint with the CKM500s is the fit can become irritating after a while because of the dish and my ears are smaller than normal I guess.. How is the fit of the Sonys in comparison? That's the only thing holding me back from purchasing them at the moment.. For 50 dollars I was willing to take a waiver on the fit of the 500s but for 150 I'd like to be a little bit more sure =)

Aug 13, 2012 at 9:26 PM Post #2,954 of 103,285
Quote:
Question about the Sonys.. My only complaint with the CKM500s is the fit can become irritating after a while because of the dish and my ears are smaller than normal I guess.. How is the fit of the Sonys in comparison? That's the only thing holding me back from purchasing them at the moment.. For 50 dollars I was willing to take a waiver on the fit of the 500s but for 150 I'd like to be a little bit more sure =)

The Sony's should work better because the housing protrudes less where it touches your outer ear.  The nozzle is a bit longer too so none of the housing sits on your outer ear.  This is the case for me.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back