The discovery thread!
Aug 8, 2012 at 9:27 PM Post #2,911 of 103,732
I will post a pic of my "custom" fx40s. My friend makes custom fitted high end iems and took impressions of my ear and gave me a pair of molds that I can just stick any normal iem driver tube into with the housing outside of the mold. Makes a pretty perfect seal. I would think my bass response is a bit better due to this. Also, they go as deep into the canal as possible without causing damage. Pretty neat. B/c you can swap out any iem you have easily and they are super, duper comfortable.

Aug 8, 2012 at 10:12 PM Post #2,912 of 103,732
while i like the idea im not so sure on it, i spoke to an audiologist about this and with dynamics sound being related to the enclosure they come in its pretty much hit or miss.  Good for some experimenting though and im interested in seeing the pics and your def right it doesn't get any comfier than customs, although i find myself leaving them a lot more recently due to so many good dynamics being around.

Aug 9, 2012 at 12:53 AM Post #2,913 of 103,732
I will post a pic of my "custom" fx40s. My friend makes custom fitted high end iems and took impressions of my ear and gave me a pair of molds that I can just stick any normal iem driver tube into with the housing outside of the mold. Makes a pretty perfect seal. I would think my bass response is a bit better due to this. Also, they go as deep into the canal as possible without causing damage. Pretty neat. B/c you can swap out any iem you have easily and they are super, duper comfortable.

Take my money!!!

Aug 9, 2012 at 2:55 AM Post #2,914 of 103,732
hmmmm not sure if this has been asked/ addressed or not, but regarding the sound of the Tt isurus to the CKM500s, how many % do the Tt's have on the 500s? Since I remember that Dsnuts guesstimated that those could have been a ATH re-brand. Can those that have both sets chime in or do a quick A/B between them?

The reason I am asking this is because eventually I'll get the CKM500s as part of my collection, but the sound of the Tt's are so lackluster that I don't want to be disappointed if the 500s are very similar in sound. Yet again the FX40's are at fault for bringing the Tts to shame even though I only paid $10 for them.  Dunno, was never really impressed by the Tts as Dsnuts was, but researching about them led me to this thread and lets just say was truly inspired by Dsnuts fanaticism.... cough... cough... "passion" for this hobby of his, so they served their role I guess. Maybe this was all meant to be haha. 
rolleyes.gif

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:21 AM Post #2,920 of 103,732
Quote:
One of these days dsnuts will realize that his equipment isn't breaking in, but he's just gotten used to the new equipments sound/specific nuanced.
Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

then i also got defective ears, beacuse my new green 15 minutes FX101 sounds waaay diferent than my 60+hours Red Fx101, same thing when i heard my second pair of ksc75.
out of the box they sounded WAY diferent, lack of bass and clarity between a used and new unit. 

sorry guys, but i had to comment here beacuse that is what i am hearing very clearly, i just opened a pair of new Fx101 and clearly i can hear diference in sound,  mostly in the highs.

man, i had to have a second pair, all this bass so cheap.. and they are "Kool Green"
ksc75smile.gif

Aug 9, 2012 at 2:57 PM Post #2,922 of 103,732
That didn't conclude that burn-in was real, it concluded that 2 pairs of Q701 sounded different. It's easy to believe a factory will release 2 models of the same headphones with audible differences, and they do. However 2 other tests he did showed a variation of about 0.5dB, so not exactly "OMG these are soooo much better"-worthy. Burn-in exists and we probably can't tell.

Aug 9, 2012 at 3:02 PM Post #2,923 of 103,732
Quote:
That didn't conclude that burn-in was real, it concluded that 2 pairs of Q701 sounded different. It's easy to believe a factory will release 2 models of the same headphones with audible differences, and they do. However 2 other tests he did showed a variation of about 0.5dB, so not exactly "OMG these are soooo much better"-worthy. Burn-in exists and we probably can't tell.

I believe the pads have more of an effect on burn-in.

Quick question, which of the budget JVC IEMs come with carrying cases? I didn't see any on the FX40 or FX101.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back