The discovery thread!
Dec 29, 2011 at 6:42 PM Post #271 of 100,119

Quote:

i have the tf10s, in a nutshell both are full range with the tf10s having a recessed midrange, the Tts have a very smooth midrange presentation. soundstage is nearly as good as the tf10s. i have the comply tips on the Tt right now that have the wax guard (bit-o-foam built in) 12 hours on the burn and now in my ears. i do plan on a full 100 hours of burn but thought i'd leave this early impression. mid bass hump, warmish, goes pretty low http://www.sensaphonics.com/?page_id=833 both tones play at nearly the same volume. i have iems that don't do these tones as well that i plan on keeping. initially when i first listened the bass was like the klipsch x10, mids and treble are much more advanced  on the Tts....that's where i stopped. again, early days in the burn.

i got mine on ebay too out of NY, seller started with 18 now has four...
two reviews i'd read said "don't expect too much as far as music goes" the other said "none of the tips fit, sounds awful"

Nice find Dsnuts, another winner! *ding* *ding*

Hey you expect anything else?. You know how I do.  I have seen some of the reviews online. People just don't know. You guys want a laugh look at the reviews on Amazon for the Philips SHE3580..

Dec 29, 2011 at 6:43 PM Post #272 of 100,119
Quote:
OMG j-cord. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
angry_face.gif

J-CORD?!

Anyway,I think I'll buy them and compare to XKDUN CK-700 and Radiopaq Rock (amazing sound for[size=small] £5 I paid)[/size] that I bought recently.

Dec 29, 2011 at 6:44 PM Post #273 of 100,119

Quote:
No I just got it. Opened it a few minutes ago and saw the j-cord. I got mine in red! Me likey. The stock tips seemed fine but I threw some Monster silicons on there anyway.

Looking forward to your impressions!

Dec 29, 2011 at 7:27 PM Post #275 of 100,119
3 of 4 people found the following review helpful:

1.0 out of 5 stars These suck like a bucket of ticks, November 6, 2011

By 
Nutkin - See all my reviews

This review is from: Philips In-Ear Headphones Music Colors SHE3584/28 (Purple) (Electronics)

Before we even get to the issue of comfort or bass response or anything else, let's look at the elephant standing in the middle of the living room.

The wires on these earbuds are coated in heavy rubber, the slightest touch to the wire transmits the sound right into your ear as a loud THUMP, completely ruining the music experience. It is like trying to listen to music while a carpenter is working in the same room. F minus.

Then there is the poor draping quality of the rubber wires. They've retained the set they took on in their package and now are a kind of weird coil that won't stay where you want it and have a tendency to yank the earbud out of your ear.

F minus.

Sound quality? Hard to judge over the incessant THUMPING from the rubber wire. Unless you are completely motionless and in a windless room, this feature will annoy anyone who is actually trying to listen to music.

In summary, I firmly believe anyone who gives this product more than one star is a corporate shill who is being paid upon conversion.

This guys is my cousin actually. He complains about everything.

Dec 29, 2011 at 7:43 PM Post #276 of 100,119
You just have to know how to read these reviews! Under the incessant thumping from the rubber wire could be quite excellent sound quality so I don't see any knocks on the sound quality there
biggrin.gif
. Of course how they sound is important to know so I'd have to say the review wasn't helpful since he left that out.

Dec 29, 2011 at 8:10 PM Post #277 of 100,119

The thermaltake's sound interesting for the price. Sibilance soundss like it could be an issue. Has anyone tried the "foam mod" made popular by the Panasonic HJE900? Seems like it could be a fix as well as changing tips.

Dec 29, 2011 at 9:38 PM Post #279 of 100,119
Well I just received the isurus and listening/burning them now.

First thing I can immediately say is that the microphonics very well managed, and they are amazingly comfortable in the ear.

Changed the tips to Sony hybrids first thing (the tips that come with don't bring confidence).

Dec 29, 2011 at 10:03 PM Post #281 of 100,119
None of you guys got my joke? Nutkin. He is my cusin. Oh man what are you guys a bunch of no personality audiophiles? That was so funny I had to laugh at my own joke. I'm a freakin regular comedian.

Dec 29, 2011 at 10:20 PM Post #282 of 100,119
I thought it could have been either way. Actually your cousin or you joking; it was 50/50
smile.gif
in my estimation.

Dec 29, 2011 at 10:21 PM Post #283 of 100,119

Quote:
None of you guys got my joke? Nutkin. He is my cusin. Oh man what are you guys a bunch of no personality audiophiles? That was so funny I had to laugh at my own joke. I'm a freakin regular comedian.

I actually thought you were serious 
redface.gif

Dec 29, 2011 at 10:43 PM Post #284 of 100,119
They come out of the package a tangled mess and stay that way for a while but my used pairs‘ wires arr straight and well behaved. So the cables need break in too :D

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 29, 2011 at 11:38 PM Post #285 of 100,119
I got the tt's today, I took the t-400 comply from the spiders tiny ear that I also got today and the comply are FTW!  the fit is superb with the foam, I  don't like comply, I may have to spring for that 100 pack of olives I saw floating around the internet and a small nosed pair of needle nose pliers for the stretching.  Burning them in from earlier today until Tuesday. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back