The discovery thread!
Mar 1, 2014 at 2:43 AM Post #22,636 of 100,034

^ ahah glad to have you back as well meng. You were a good troll your self.
wink.gif

And an even better ghost to take such a long hiatus from this nut house. : P

Miss ya' too meng. T_T

Dat bromance.

Oh GWAD and we're talking about woodies, ehhh i don't like where this is "heading".
triportsad.gif

You don't say?

Mar 1, 2014 at 3:26 AM Post #22,638 of 100,034
  thanks! Looks like a pretty straight forward review? A neutral sounding earphone with shy treble and soft bass. This means it would be a step backwards compared to my TE-05. Getting an upgrade that's going to fit into my budget is going to be tough, but I've got the LG GS100 on the way, and from the way it measured on goldenears, this could be the dark horse monster i'm looking for? OR NOT? 

^ Sweet let us know how those new LG compare to the TE-05s. Can't wait HYPED!!!
popcorn.gif

Mar 1, 2014 at 10:12 AM Post #22,640 of 100,034
40 hours of straight burn in..

Open listen was unique for the FX850. While they didn't sound as tight as I would have liked..It was the potential of this sound that got me excited..Burning in dynamic earphones especially JVCs mean something will improve..

Improvements in deed. I woke up this morning to a more refined, tighter, more fluid sound. The treble is immediately noticeable..It the best treble I have ever heard from JVC..Bass has more definition and has tightened up even more so.  For guys hesitant about the bass. DO NOT BE.. I predicted the bass will tone down and they have. I am hearing a tighter, denser more balanced bass this morning, It is perfectly in line with the rest of the sound.  Mids have distinct clarity and now has a more neutral tonality to it..I am hearing a more grown up, more sophisticated sound since open listen.. Every improvement I wanted from open listen has happened. lol!

Everything sounds so even and effortless. I remember on open listen the treble was a touch reserved from the big bold sound of the FX850.. Not anymore..

Mar 1, 2014 at 10:41 AM Post #22,642 of 100,034
So if you're looking for a woody more mids and highs focused, from what I read the FX650 should fit your bill. I read on some review that the bass is toned down and it's much cheaper. Will it perform on the same level as the FX850? I doubt it, but that doesn't mean it won't be a good sounding iem.

Do you have a link to the 650 review?

Mar 1, 2014 at 10:47 AM Post #22,643 of 100,034
Do you have a link to the 650 review?

Shotgun I found it just doing a general search on information on the new models. If I come across it again I'll post. I think mochill, however, posted a link to a story that mentioned the same thing. So inbox him as that may help in your inquiry too.

Mar 1, 2014 at 12:11 PM Post #22,644 of 100,034
OK, a bit more on the Yamaha H-200/Mikros 90, pulled them out for a short comparison (have to revise my posts one day, but I don't think anyone has looked at them in months anyway...)
If I have to give an objective, audiophile check-list evaulation of the 2, the Mikros is easily the better. Has better definition, round, tuneful, solid space, open soundstage with "darkness/silence" between instruments, details there right in front of you. As for the Yamaha, sounds warm/darker by comparison, not as open. It does, however, have a more "rhythmic" bass, not as clean as the ML's, but not "one-note" by any means, and does more to move the music forward, imo, than the ML's. Detail, highs, lows are there on the Yamaha, though you have to listen more for them. It is WAY more comfortable, though, hardly know they are there, and, listened to for a bit, you acclamate to the sound, and it is a really fun/involving sound. So, get both while they are cheap. Or, skip it, and get the Shure 1540, which has the openness of the ML's and the detailing, a tight, rhythmic low end, good highs-thought these were rolled off at first, either improved by burn in or brain burn in. Many feel the bass is too much on the Shures, don't hear it that way, best attributes of Yamaha and ML's imo. (I think much of the difference of opinion on headphones relates to head size/ear size/shapes/fits...I may be getting less bass because my head is small, the fit isn't as tight as it must be for many). Of course, getting both the Mikros and Yamaha's would be less expensive than the Shure's, and they are both enjoyable phones.

Now....time for DOGWALK DISCOVERIES!!!!

I knew the hits by these guys, of course, but finding I like most of what they did when I hear it, hadn't paid much attention when they were around...

One of my favorite singer-songwriters

The next is X Rated, skip if you have delicate sensitivities...I'm amazed at this because, aside from being funny as s**t, it was recorded in 1954!!!

(I got worried that some administrator might take offense at this one so I removed it, really funny/dirty, accapella recording in the style of 50's pop/gospel, if anyone wants the link, PM me!!!)

Not the same Geri Allen track from the walk, sometimes have to substitute if the video is not there

OK, enough for now...

Mar 1, 2014 at 2:38 PM Post #22,645 of 100,034
Yep, I'm really digging the K323 XS so much that I am either going to trade or sell my Om Audio IEP. The only problem I have with the AKG's is that they distort a little at extremely high volumes but I rarely listen to anything higher than 50% (unless on my nexus 5) due to how well they isolate.

Mar 1, 2014 at 2:43 PM Post #22,646 of 100,034
Yep, I'm really digging the K323 XS so much that I am either going to trade or sell my Om Audio IEP. The only problem I have with the AKG's is that they distort a little at extremely high volumes but I rarely listen to anything higher than 50% (unless on my nexus 5) due to how well they isolate.

I enjoy these a lot as well. Great isolation and extremely comfortable. More people should try them :wink:

Mar 1, 2014 at 2:45 PM Post #22,647 of 100,034

I enjoy these a lot as well. Great isolation and extremely comfortable. More people should try them :wink:

Yep, the only other person that got them was Bhaz and he's selling his for $27 on ebay. That is one steal of a deal.

I liked them so much that I got shoes to match them:

Mar 1, 2014 at 3:23 PM Post #22,649 of 100,034
Yup I paid more for my pair and still think they were worth the price but at $27 they are a great deal.

Mar 1, 2014 at 3:57 PM Post #22,650 of 100,034
They sound good, isolate well, are comfy and cheap. Hmm, sound like good gym candidates to me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back