The discovery thread!
Jan 22, 2014 at 8:29 PM Post #20,146 of 100,464
I got mine from inshoes and they are legit :sunglasses:

Just saw that mochill got his from inshoes and his were legit.  I guess the seller is sending some fakes and some real?

Jan 22, 2014 at 8:31 PM Post #20,147 of 100,464
Got my Pistons.
They smell like chocolate and don't have "L" and "R" marks - must be the real deal.

After 12 hours of burn-in, they sound veiled and the bass is muddy.
I am using them with the MH1C tips - what others would you recommend for it?

Heads up - the barrel of the Pistons is very wide, perhaps the widest of all my IEMs. If I've known that, I probably wouldn't have bought them.
                   Couldn't keep them in my ears for more than 15 minutes.

Jan 22, 2014 at 8:34 PM Post #20,148 of 100,464
  "I just got my Pistons..Very nice sounding.. The quality of this package is unheard of for the price. But not all that practical as there is no way I am gonna rewind these back on the holder.. I have been listening to my Doppios this morning and I just found my Pistons. On open box these beat so many in ears at 4X this cost..These have a very easy flowing tonality to them which I like a lot. Great find guys.."

It seems that it was legit after all!

Vlenbo said he got authentic ones from inshoes , and Chillen also.  Bummer that the seller would start with legit ones and then sell fake ones.

I just bought again, this time through ibuygou.  I hope they don't start selling fakes!

Jan 22, 2014 at 8:35 PM Post #20,149 of 100,464
Looking forward to it drblue!

RENew Official Zero Audio single balance armature stereo headphone ZH-BX510-CS ordered blindly:  unheard, no reviews, no listens yet to these
Thanks DannyBai.  i appreciate all the listening and testing you have done on new phones.
Its my turn to stick out my ears and wallet.  I don't think i can go too wrong with Zero Audio.
i m glad you love those Doppios and look forward to hearing more about their evolution with more listening.
this one should be the "younger brother" of the Doppio or not???

Meanwhile, the OM inearpeace hybrids continue to break in and evolve nice detail and good bass, but still kinda thin
and lack impact.  hoping drivers will break in more with current 25 hours burn in on them.  very very clear, linear, no
bass overemphasis. in process....

Jan 22, 2014 at 8:48 PM Post #20,152 of 100,464
  Vlenbo said he got authentic ones from inshoes , and Chillen also.  Bummer that the seller would start with legit ones and then sell fake ones.

I just bought again, this time through ibuygou.  I hope they don't start selling fakes!

I hope it goes well for you.
And sorry about my quoting mishap. That is actually Ds's comment, not mine. 

Jan 22, 2014 at 9:02 PM Post #20,153 of 100,464
Jan 22, 2014 at 9:10 PM Post #20,154 of 100,464
Jan 22, 2014 at 9:14 PM Post #20,155 of 100,464
  RENew Official Zero Audio single balance armature stereo headphone ZH-BX510-CS ordered blindly:  unheard, no reviews, no listens yet to these
Thanks DannyBai.  i appreciate all the listening and testing you have done on new phones.
Its my turn to stick out my ears and wallet.  I don't think i can go too wrong with Zero Audio.
i m glad you love those Doppios and look forward to hearing more about their evolution with more listening.
this one should be the "younger brother" of the Doppio or not???

Meanwhile, the OM inearpeace hybrids continue to break in and evolve nice detail and good bass, but still kinda thin
and lack impact.  hoping drivers will break in more with current 25 hours burn in on them.  very very clear, linear, no
bass overemphasis. in process....

the OM Audio are VERY balanced. 

Jan 22, 2014 at 9:17 PM Post #20,156 of 100,464
for those who say their new "piston" either a) sound terrible b) sound muddy c) sound veiled....YOU GOT JIPPED! That is nowhere near the sound of authentic Pistons, even just out of the box. The bass might be a bit flabby or unruly, but that tightens up with burn in, but as for the other issues...no. They are very clear, with pristine treble, and this is out of the box. 

Jan 22, 2014 at 9:22 PM Post #20,157 of 100,464
Can someone compare those pistons to Zero Audio basso/tenore, please?
popcorn.gif

Jan 22, 2014 at 9:22 PM Post #20,158 of 100,464
Jan 22, 2014 at 9:22 PM Post #20,159 of 100,464

1. [img]http://cdn.head-fi.org/3/37/100x100px-LS-3744bdf3_avatar-120-10.jpg[/img]
  1. Grayson73
  2. badge_100.v1509773630.png
  4. online
  1. 332 Posts. Joined 3/2006

I got mine from inshoes and they are legit :sunglasses:

Just saw that mochill got his from inshoes and his were legit.  I guess the seller is sending some fakes and some real?

+

Quote:
  Maybe they are ALL FAKE!

+
  The strange thing about the "rose gold" Pistons from Inshoes is that today, there have been 2 negative feedback for fakes (including mine).  From 12/18-1/21, there were 23 positive feedbacks and 0 negative.  Maybe Inshoes got a bad batch from their distributor.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&ftab=AllFeedback&userid=inshoes&iid=-1&de=off&interval=0&items=200

^ What if ALL of them were fakes from the start.

This would sure make for an interesting psychological exercise in hearing hype.

Jan 22, 2014 at 9:28 PM Post #20,160 of 100,464
Got my Pistons.
They smell like chocolate and don't have "L" and "R" marks - must be the real deal.

After 12 hours of burn-in, they sound veiled and the bass is muddy.
I am using them with the MH1C tips - what others would you recommend for it?

Heads up - the barrel of the Pistons is very wide, perhaps the widest of all my IEMs. If I've known that, I probably wouldn't have bought them.
                   Couldn't keep them in my ears for more than 15 minutes.

Try to wear them over the ear. That worked for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back