The discovery thread!
Jan 22, 2014 at 6:09 PM Post #20,133 of 100,479
anybody interested in pistons, do not buy it from inshoes
 on Ebay.
they are fake. pure fake. even though it has no r/l signs, and the line on right phone, they are pure fake.
so crappy sound, it is not even funny.
and the headphones do not even function right, sound cuts in and out, you hear from one side then the other etc.

do not buy from inshoes seller on Ebay!

the item was shipped from yau tong housing in hong kong. if you guys know what these housing units are you will know these can be nothing but fakes. if you do not know, well search them :)

i guess i will buy from the company site, and wait for 30-40 days.

Ummm...that's nice to make that announcement, but I make comment twice previously not to but from this seller because of the rumor he was seeking fakes, and I believe bhazard warned the same thing even earlier than myself. Seems you still went ahead and ordered from inshoes. Go back , look at the links presented by quite a few kind headfi'ers, and don't be a cheapskate. If the price went up slightly on the Piston from an authentic seller .. PAY IT! It's not that much difference and the Piston are worth it.

Jan 22, 2014 at 6:14 PM Post #20,134 of 100,479
Fried? So you fried the Piston and the GC? And you are on to the Cardas after asking eric about IEMs to purchase? Something seems off...

Jan 22, 2014 at 6:32 PM Post #20,137 of 100,479
  anybody interested in pistons, do not buy it from inshoes on Ebay.
they are fake. pure fake. even though it has no r/l signs, and the line on right phone, they are pure fake.
and the headphones do not even function right, sound cuts in and out, you hear from one side then the other etc.

the item was shipped from yau tong housing in hong kong. if you guys know what these housing units are you will know these can be nothing but fakes. if you do not know, well search them :)

If you dispute the seller claiming it is counterfeit, you will get your money back.

Jan 22, 2014 at 6:40 PM Post #20,139 of 100,479
so my fx3x cord has a loose connection.im going to buy more i found a uk seller on the bay selli g fx3x for 17.95 pounds with one year warranty and returns are welcome is he selling fakes.as i paid 40pounds for mine a year ago his name is unl_soloutions_limited.also free shipping cos im in England.i can't risk nasty fakes please help guys
sounds too cheap tbh

just bought mine from him yesterday* waiting for them to arrive. i am not sure the warranty will qualify or not considering your buying from ebay. but he seems to be legit considering he sold like 400 pairs total. i also read through a lot of his feedback and he has nothing but satisfied customers so i say go for it!

edit: http://www.ebay.com/itm/JVC-HA-FX3X-Xtreme-Xplosives-Black-In-Ear-Deep-BASS-Headphones-/221355918914?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item3389d74642#payCntId

this guy is a little cheaper if the color doesnt matter to you and he also seems very legit!

Jan 22, 2014 at 6:44 PM Post #20,140 of 100,479

oh no! i just ordered from him yesterday!!! is there anyway i can still cancel? what do i do!? new to purchasing off ebay and never had any problems or fake products so any help appreciated

Jan 22, 2014 at 7:22 PM Post #20,141 of 100,479
Just a/b'd the pistons with the ATH-IM50s and here are my impressions.

Pistons are more laid back.
Bass aren't bloated on either one.
Pistons seem more smooth.
Pistons are more Vshaped.
IM50s are more midforward.
Tips suck on the Pistons.
Both are built good.
IM50s are more upfront and seem to be noticeably more efficient.

In my opinion these can't compete with the ATH-IM50s but are better than the MH1c, FX40, LG QBs, Monoprice, and the deltas. So all in all, they perform well enough to stay above the low end IEMs and I think they might compete well with most IEMs below $40 but, they can't touch most new IEMs in the $50-100 range.

Jan 22, 2014 at 8:03 PM Post #20,142 of 100,479

I ordered from inshoes on 1/14 and received them on 1/21.  I agree that they sound terrible.  I was wondering if it was because it was in the mailbox in the freezing cold.  :frowning2:

Mine also have the raised line and no "L" nor "R" markings.  They look genuine.

Jan 22, 2014 at 8:09 PM Post #20,143 of 100,479
  oh no! i just ordered from him yesterday!!! is there anyway i can still cancel? what do i do!? new to purchasing off ebay and never had any problems or fake products so any help appreciated

Dunno. But at least try contacting them and asking them to cancel the order. If it hasn't been shipped yet, you should be able to do that.

Jan 22, 2014 at 8:16 PM Post #20,144 of 100,479
I've got both for a couple of weeks now and actually posted a small comparison between the Gratitude's, Piston's and the B3's in this thread.

Should just be a couple of hundred pages back
wink.gif

Just read your post.  So how would you rank them from #1 to #3?

Jan 22, 2014 at 8:22 PM Post #20,145 of 100,479

Seriously...

They are both on-ears from close competing Japanese makers, have the same driver size, similar overall size, and price bracket etc. What they are named is far down the list as far as Head-fier's are concerned or anyone who is in the "know". Maybe a cheap trick by AT  to confuse/lure the "sheep" between the models but regardless of name it is an apples to apples comparison and the phones are very similar in many facets.

There are plenty of 40mm portables out there, nobody is comparing them to each other just because they have the same size driver.
I could understand if both models at least were built on the same technology (CNT), but that's not the case.

I don't think that AT was trying to lure somebody to buy their headphone by mistake, it's just a coincidence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back