The discovery thread!
Nov 4, 2013 at 7:51 PM Post #16,336 of 100,548
I did note the slightly tizzy high end earlier (see my comparison with the Philips S2), don't find it objectionable, but it is there. If you're really sensitive, may be an issue. Won't find that with the Tenores.

Nov 4, 2013 at 8:16 PM Post #16,337 of 100,548
for now I limited the range by 75 USD (max 100 USD) cause I have also Sennheiser amperior. Do you think that VSD1 has enough sub-bass / bass for trance music? and also I read that vsd1s has more treble than regular vsd1 this can be a problem for me I don't know.

I think both the D1 and D1S will have enough bass. The S has slightly more treble but it's not sibilant. The two sound very similar so either would be good.

I saw that some of reviews on Amazon say that Gratitudes has too much treble sometimes. This can be a deal breaker for me cause as I said I'm looking for smooth but detailed trebles. And do you think that Basso would be better choice over cks77x? Not only bass section I mean in terms of all features of sound.

I think the Basso would be a much better choice. The 77X isn't one of the better AT phones. It's fun for a short while and that's about it. The Gratitude is a great buy and treble isn't a deal breaker. It has good sparkle without getting to that piercing point. The safest and recommended bet would be the Basso or Tenore from me.

Nov 4, 2013 at 9:07 PM Post #16,338 of 100,548
I just want to share some opinions and write a little review.
Everybody knows the SHE-3580 / 3590 and I do too, I loved them until the cable died, so, I had to buy a new pair, but they didn´t have any on stock, only the SHE-3500.

Philips SHE-3500

Overall : Like the 3590, but with a less bass, better treble, and better soundstage.

Construction : The only improvement that you can "see", it´s the tips, they are thicker and I will include some pics tomorrow. I always read complaints about how useless the stock tips were for some people, so, it´s a nice touch. Overall, they look the same, but the metal grill is now something like a "cloth".

Sound : It´s pretty different compared to the 3590. Bass is still there, with nice amounts of sub bass, but more controlled. I recommend using them with a Bass Boost preset or something, and they will sound pretty nice. Treble is the biggest difference, if the 3590 were a bit dark, or veiled, this things are pretty bright. Even with a Bass Boost thing, they will keep sounding bright, maybe too much sometimes, but everything sounds more detailed.
Soundstage is better IMO, I can hear easily the panning effects on the songs, and everything sounds with more separation, sounds wider than the 3590, and that is pretty nice. They could have improved the cable maybe, but the sound is still good and i´m enjoying them a lot now. Treble is not AMAZING, but at least you can hear it easily, it´s a bit harsh sometimes. MIds are still recesed, but it shouldn´t be a problem for peeps that like the V-Shape signature. Overall, I recommend them, basically the best at the price. they doesn´t sound at all like cheap IEM´s.

P.D : My first pair was defective, it didn´t have bass at all, but, I convinced the seller and he gave me a new working pair.

Nov 4, 2013 at 9:53 PM Post #16,339 of 100,548
Thanks for taking the time to post those impressions. Maybe the highs will tone down after a brief period, or at least foam tips might help that.

Nov 4, 2013 at 10:06 PM Post #16,340 of 100,548
  Thanks for taking the time to post those impressions. Maybe the highs will tone down after a brief period, or at least foam tips might help that.

Well, I have been using them for hm, around 40 hours so I don´t think that they are going to change, but they are fine. I don´t have problem with the stock tips, but i´m using them with a small pair of Sony Hybrids. Not sure about foam tips, but I actually like the amount of treble, at least I can be sure that i´m not going to need to EQ up the High frequencies.

Nov 4, 2013 at 11:37 PM Post #16,341 of 100,548
  Hello my friends; 
I'm in a dilemma right now. I'm mostly listening trance and EDM, while I was buying Audio Technica CKS77x (which is very suitable for trance I guess) I saw this Zero audio Basso DX210 and I can't decide now which one is a better choice for trance music. Can you compare this iems for me I would be very grateful. Also I'm open to different iem suggestion. Thank you so much in advance.

+

for now I limited the range by 75 USD (max 100 USD) cause I have also Sennheiser amperior. Do you think that VSD1 has enough sub-bass / bass for trance music? and also I read that vsd1s has more treble than regular vsd1 this can be a problem for me I don't know.

I saw that some of reviews on Amazon say that Gratitudes has too much treble sometimes. This can be a deal breaker for me cause as I said I'm looking for smooth but detailed trebles. And do you think that Basso would be better choice over cks77x? Not only bass section I mean in terms of all features of sound.

^ From what you have posted the VSonic VSD1 Limited Editions would be perfect for your needs. Looks like this seller still have some sets but others have reported having problems ordering them for some reason.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/663709/vsonic-vsd1-vsd1s-reviews-impression-thread/1125#post_9949293

The regular VSD1 is good but there are some peakiness here and there which might be problematic for you. So the most safe bet are the Bassos and the NuFroce NE700s, though a lot of people have reported driver flex issues with the Bassos which can affect their sound, so just a heads up on that.

If you are able to order those VSD1 LEs from that site, do it without any hesitation cuz they are THAT much better/ more refined than all of the iems that you have considered, besides the Grads cuz i haven't heard them so wouldn't know how they compare.

I just want to share some opinions and write a little review.
Everybody knows the SHE-3580 / 3590 and I do too, I loved them until the cable died, so, I had to buy a new pair, but they didn´t have any on stock, only the SHE-3500.

Philips SHE-3500

Overall : Like the 3590, but with a less bass, better treble, and better soundstage.

Construction : The only improvement that you can "see", it´s the tips, they are thicker and I will include some pics tomorrow. I always read complaints about how useless the stock tips were for some people, so, it´s a nice touch. Overall, they look the same, but the metal grill is now something like a "cloth".

Sound : It´s pretty different compared to the 3590. Bass is still there, with nice amounts of sub bass, but more controlled. I recommend using them with a Bass Boost preset or something, and they will sound pretty nice. Treble is the biggest difference, if the 3590 were a bit dark, or veiled, this things are pretty bright. Even with a Bass Boost thing, they will keep sounding bright, maybe too much sometimes, but everything sounds more detailed.
Soundstage is better IMO, I can hear easily the panning effects on the songs, and everything sounds with more separation, sounds wider than the 3590, and that is pretty nice. They could have improved the cable maybe, but the sound is still good and i´m enjoying them a lot now. Treble is not AMAZING, but at least you can hear it easily, it´s a bit harsh sometimes. MIds are still recesed, but it shouldn´t be a problem for peeps that like the V-Shape signature. Overall, I recommend them, basically the best at the price. they doesn´t sound at all like cheap IEM´s.

P.D : My first pair was defective, it didn´t have bass at all, but, I convinced the seller and he gave me a new working pair.

^ Thanks for the impressions, i am sure joe is drooling somewhere just looking at these delicious SHE Candies. haha
Still haven't tried these classic SHEs yet, maybe someday when i am feeling adventurous.
ksc75smile.gif

Good job in getting the seller sending you a new set. Work it meng. 
cool.gif

Nov 5, 2013 at 12:36 AM Post #16,342 of 100,548
I think the Basso would be a much better choice. The 77X isn't one of the better AT phones. It's fun for a short while and that's about it. The Gratitude is a great buy and treble isn't a deal breaker. It has good sparkle without getting to that piercing point. The safest and recommended bet would be the Basso or Tenore from me.

I take it that's a HE-500 in your profile, DannyBai?
How are you liking them?

Nov 5, 2013 at 1:46 AM Post #16,348 of 100,548
<$100 BAs - the Aurvana 3, ADDIEM, and the UE600s get nowhere near the cred that they should, fantastic sounding units. 
Would mention the A161p as well, but a Somic lookalike was mentioned a few pages back by bhazard, looks intriguing. 
Of course the discontinued PFE012 would be one of my all-time favourites, just from the sound sig alone.

Speaking of <$100 BAs - If anyone ever get their hands on a Star Micron OEM/clone of the PH-001A. (ER6i, possibly the Kenwoods) with the RBB-04A-PS/RBB-04C2-PS/RBB-04F-PS/any and all Star BAs, they need to be brought back from the grave.

Speaking of <$100 BAs, still no talk on the ANYMODES, now it's getting ridiculous that they've not replied to any of my emails once. And still no talk on the new AT BAs on here, what is this, some sort of sick April Fool's joke?

Nov 5, 2013 at 2:02 AM Post #16,349 of 100,548
  <$100 BAs - the Aurvana 3, ADDIEM, and the UE600s get nowhere near the cred that they should, fantastic sounding units. 
Would mention the A161p as well, but a Somic lookalike was mentioned a few pages back by bhazard, looks intriguing. 
Of course the discontinued PFE012 would be one of my all-time favourites, just from the sound sig alone.

Speaking of <$100 BAs - If anyone ever get their hands on a Star Micron OEM/clone of the PH-001A. (ER6i, possibly the Kenwoods) with the RBB-04A-PS/RBB-04C2-PS/RBB-04F-PS/any and all Star BAs, they need to be brought back from the grave.

Speaking of <$100 BAs, still no talk on the ANYMODES, now it's getting ridiculous that they've not replied to any of my emails once. And still no talk on the new AT BAs on here, what is this, some sort of sick April Fool's joke?

^ Think all the interest has been sucked by those new Sony hybrids therefore, ATs BAs doesn't seem all that appealing cuz hybrids are ALL the rage these days durrr!!!

So the jokes on you for being ignorant of this trend/ bandwagon. Oh and the only one that is sick here is your custom title.
tongue.gif

SICK!!! CAT!!! CRACK_ER!!! DESTROYED!!!

Nov 5, 2013 at 2:11 AM Post #16,350 of 100,548
It's just that you'd expect more from the peeps who popularized A-T after A-T after A-T. Not even a pulse, not one bit.
And the Sony Hybrid talk has been simmering down a lot ever since those impressions.

Anyways, anyone willing to make the jump yet? Even the main IM thread isn't as hot on them as I would have thought it to have been. 
Although, just from the looks of the photo, the cable seems thin, and the connector exit at that angle seems very lacking in ergonomic foresight.
But if you're not into the BAs, dual dynamics in the IM-70, I mean that's just begging for Radius/Brookstone + R3 comparison write-up.

KICKED!!! TACKED!!! REDACTED!!! DEYODELED!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back