The discovery thread!
Nov 1, 2013 at 5:50 AM Post #16,096 of 100,750
My Quadbeat and Quadbeat2 just arrived, this should be interesting
L3000.gif

Nov 1, 2013 at 8:22 AM Post #16,097 of 100,750
Is gratitudes better than miles davis tributes?

Different type of sound. Mile Davis is just brilliant but is way more V shaped. As I said the Gratitudes follow a more linear sound signature but have a slight boost in the bass department. Miles Davis' is like a meshmash of the Copper's & Gold's sound signature. While the Gratitudes are like the Copper's but with that slight boost in the bass.

Nov 1, 2013 at 8:51 AM Post #16,098 of 100,750
Haven't had a chance to directly compared Tribute and Gratitudes sound wise, see if I can get to it on the weekend. Build wise, t the Tribute is better (by memory), nicely packaged, better shape (though I, who has fit problems with all the iems everyone else loves, get a good fit/seal with them, but I noted the odd shape earlier). But hey, we're talking 60 smackeroons here, change changes the equation. (By the way, M-L Mikros 90 on sale again, Newegg I believe, see Deals thread, $80...These definitely not everyone's cup of Tea. My wife hates the fit, sound is controversial in head-fi. I like them... Different take in presentation from most others, think of it as a bargain chance to experiment)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Nov 1, 2013 at 8:52 AM Post #16,099 of 100,750
Gotta get to work... Later...

Nov 1, 2013 at 9:04 AM Post #16,100 of 100,750
I see we have comparison already, while I was slowly tapping into my phone, never mind

Nov 1, 2013 at 9:33 AM Post #16,102 of 100,750

The ebay seller "garbagebinonline" as mochill says had them but is all sold out now, oh right i forgot to mention that there were only 1000 units made or something like that, hence the "Limited Edition" moniker. 

Others are still selling them on Chinese sites or what have you but for a lot more than the $50 that was sold on bigbarginonline so......

Other than that it is kinda hard to fine. :  (

DIDNT have go to Nepal or mount Olympus!  "garbagebinonline" on ebay got five more vsd1 LE sets in.  now there are four, i nabbed one. looking forward to burn in them in
and seeing if they are magical like several head-fi commentators waxed on about them enthusiastically.  build looks solid in photos on ebay.
Meanwhile, back to oldie but goodie, listening to ZERO AUDIO Carbon Bassos (Neil Young, Psychedelic Pill)  more burn in created a deeper integrated sound
with Neils fuzz guitar must sublime on the Bassos, and good treble and mid balance making his voice actually pleasant. a true delight, and discovery thread find.  well done,
discovery thread and DSnuts and friends!

Nov 1, 2013 at 11:05 AM Post #16,105 of 100,750
I'm going to pass on the Gratitudes. If they sound anything like the Monster's Copper or Gold (or Tributes), I've pretty much graduated from that sound. That means that I think the Monster's tuning is good, but the IEMs were a bit too warm for me and not detailed enough.
But I do believe - from what everyone has stated - that these are bang for your buck earphones at $60. 

My new hybrid is showing "delivered." If it is indeed in the mail room, I'll take a photo of it and post it soon to end the suspense. 
beerchug.gif

Nov 1, 2013 at 11:10 AM Post #16,106 of 100,750
  My new hybrid is showing "delivered." If it is indeed in the mail room, I'll take a photo of it and post it soon to end the suspense. 
beerchug.gif

Ohhh I can't wait for the reveal... 
popcorn.gif

Nov 1, 2013 at 1:58 PM Post #16,107 of 100,750

Hybrid Goodness!! Perhaps. I haven't heard the new baby yet. We'll see.

Nov 1, 2013 at 2:11 PM Post #16,109 of 100,750
The Gratitudes are truly Monsterous played with the XD50 with an amp in chain
(RS71 in my case)  completely lost track of time and space, wonderful bass mid treble balance
no sibilance at all, fabulous tone and impact and decay.  wonderful way to wake up and
trance out.  much better than out of X3, thanks DS for that tip.

Nov 1, 2013 at 2:14 PM Post #16,110 of 100,750
Predictable is good sometimes kova4a. I wasn't trying to throw you (or anyone) off anyway. I just didn't want to state too much until I had package in hand, and everything appeared okay. 
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back