The diary entries of a little girl nearing 30!
Sep 10, 2012 at 6:44 PM Post #15,046 of 15,119
Quote:
We of the anime thread are almost at 2,000
(and first place all time!)

Quality over quantity.

Though really, it's also a matter of quantity, because one gets more per post here on average. So it's like comparing 1,000 dollars to 2,000 nickels.

Sep 10, 2012 at 7:30 PM Post #15,047 of 15,119
I'm new here and I'm actually pretty scared about posting in this thread, but I guess I don't have much to lose.  I have a lot of questions about the "furry" world.  First - my only exposure has been from brief mentions on TV shows.  Those shows always had a kinky sex aspect to the furry world.  Is that always the case, or is that actually a small subset of that world?  I think I remember an episode of CSI where the case hinged on "bodily fluids" deposited during a "fur pile" - or something like that.  Does that really happen???  That's really gross.

Sep 10, 2012 at 8:06 PM Post #15,048 of 15,119
Quote:
Quality over quantity.

Though really, it's also a matter of quantity, because one gets more per post here on average. So it's like comparing 1,000 dollars to 2,000 nickels.

I'd also like to add that I think the average word count of each post here far outweighs other threads...  if we are to make a meaningful use of a quantity stat.

EDIT:  Yeah, I know I pretty much said the same thing as you - realized it after. 
biggrin.gif

Sep 10, 2012 at 8:24 PM Post #15,049 of 15,119
Quote:

I think I remember an episode of CSI where the case hinged on "bodily fluids" deposited during a "fur pile" - or something like that.  Does that really happen???  That's really gross.

That's pretty tame by Internet standards.

Sep 10, 2012 at 8:29 PM Post #15,050 of 15,119
Curse you SanDisk!

My Clip Zip arrives and immediately after loading a little music on to it it freezes.  I reset it and it hangs on the boot screen.  The PC won't recognize it so I can't format it or update the firmware and no amount of continuing to reset it will make it boot.

Sep 10, 2012 at 8:33 PM Post #15,051 of 15,119
Sep 10, 2012 at 8:34 PM Post #15,052 of 15,119
Speaking of nasty stuff, my roommate who is joining a frat this semester told me their first hazing ritual was "eating the other pledges." I'll leave it to imagination. And that was on the first day! He won't tell me anymore.

I don't know why people would join a frat!

Sep 10, 2012 at 8:40 PM Post #15,053 of 15,119
Quote:
I'm new here and I'm actually pretty scared about posting in this thread, but I guess I don't have much to lose.  I have a lot of questions about the "furry" world.  First - my only exposure has been from brief mentions on TV shows.  Those shows always had a kinky sex aspect to the furry world.  Is that always the case, or is that actually a small subset of that world?  I think I remember an episode of CSI where the case hinged on "bodily fluids" deposited during a "fur pile" - or something like that.  Does that really happen???  That's really gross.

They show a kinky aspect just to get noticed. I don't think that those episodies would grab someone's attention if they showed furs just as people that likes suiting and sometimes acting in a child-ish way.

Sep 10, 2012 at 8:44 PM Post #15,054 of 15,119
Quote:
Is that always the case, or is that actually a small subset of that world?

I imagine that a TV show working on freak-of-the-week sensationalism is going to focus on whatever's the most disturbing/mockable about any subgroup, regardless of what the majority of that subgroup thinks of it.

Incidentally, I hear there are people on the internet who spend long hours without talking at all, just typing. Weeeieiiiird.

Sep 10, 2012 at 8:52 PM Post #15,055 of 15,119
Quote:
Curse you SanDisk!

My Clip Zip arrives and immediately after loading a little music on to it it freezes.  I reset it and it hangs on the boot screen.  The PC won't recognize it so I can't format it or update the firmware and no amount of continuing to reset it will make it boot.

This all happened to me when I first got my Zip. Still happens occasionally but it's pretty much fine.

Sep 10, 2012 at 9:11 PM Post #15,056 of 15,119
Quote:

They show a kinky aspect just to get noticed. I don't think that those episodies would grab someone's attention if they showed furs just as people that likes suiting and sometimes acting in a child-ish way.

I see - is it more like the people that dress up as Klingons, Storm Troopers and Super Heroes and attend conventions?  Or the people that dress-up as wizards and knights at the park?

Sep 10, 2012 at 9:13 PM Post #15,057 of 15,119
Quote:

I tried all that.  I can hold the power button till it resets but it always freezes as soon as the flower animation is done playing.  When I plug it into the PC Windows can't see it in either the device or disk manager.  It freezes in the exact same spot every time but when it's hooked up to the PC it resets itself every minute or two, hangs at the same spot and the resets itself again.  If it's not hooked up to the PC it will just sit there.  I left it for hour and it didn't do anything.  Holding the one button to force MSC mode when you plug it in doesn't help either.  I tried resetting it over and over again for at least an hour too.  Some people said that sometimes you had to hold down the power button for at least a minute for it reset properly.  I tried holding it for several.  I also tried various other B. F. Skinner-like button combinations that other people had reported working for them in similar situations.  Nothing worked.

Quote:
This all happened to me when I first got my Zip. Still happens occasionally but it's pretty much fine.

We must be having slightly different problems because mine is completely unusable.  It flat out won't go past the sandisk flower-ish logo no matter what I do.

I already got an RMA from Amazon.

Sep 10, 2012 at 9:19 PM Post #15,059 of 15,119
Quote:
Incidentally, I hear there are people on the internet who spend long hours without talking at all, just typing. Weeeieiiiird.

Hey there now...
wink.gif

Quote:
I already got an RMA from Amazon.

Yeah, probably your best bet at this point.  That much foreplay and the thing still won't put out?  It's gotta go.

Sep 10, 2012 at 9:20 PM Post #15,060 of 15,119
Quote:

I see - is it more like the people that dress up as Klingons, Storm Troopers and Super Heroes and attend conventions?  Or the people that dress-up as wizards and knights at the park?

It's both, plus it's pretty much the same as people who enjoy dressing up themselves or their lovers in more conventionally sexy costumes in the bedroom.

Those are all separate components and different people are into different combinations of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back