The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Jun 10, 2013 at 11:12 PM Post #13,876 of 21,761
Can I just say.

I love a good Sony monolith.

And this is THE Sony monolith.

That said I don't know if I still prefer the old PS2 design better.

I hope all our gadgets start to look like fathomless black boxes. I like the look of the new Mac Pro as well, though the actual system itself is a bit of a let down.

Jun 10, 2013 at 11:13 PM Post #13,877 of 21,761
Quote:
My thoughts exactly. It's pretty much a poorly tuned TWFK, with a decent DD that prob cost them pennies on the dollar. Just bad.

That's what I don't understand. A TWFK is a known quantity. A dynamic driver is cheap as chips. The unit itself isn't particularly comfortable or made out of any particular premium materials.

I'll have something to say about this on CYMBACAVUM...

Jun 10, 2013 at 11:43 PM Post #13,878 of 21,761
Quote:
Can I just say.

I hope all our gadgets start to look like fathomless black boxes. I like the look of the new Mac Pro as well, though the actual system itself is a bit of a let down.

I hate both, MS and Sony's new console designs! :frowning2:
Still, we have to give this Round to Sony.
They kicked MS right in their baaaalllzzz!!

I'm going to tell you just how... PS4 price == $399.99 while Xbox ONE = $499.99
And this:

I LOL'ed!!!

SONY IS TROLLING MICROSOFT HARD!!! 

GO SONY!
GO VITA! 

:wink:

Jun 10, 2013 at 11:53 PM Post #13,879 of 21,761
Quote:

Man. I'm passing those on tonight but they are just odd. It frankly seems a little outrageous that they are priced the way they are.

You should try getting in on the Aussie 1plus2 tour a_recording. I think you hearing what a hybrid done right sounds like would really bowl you over. I have the 1plus2's right now and I'm handing them off to someone else soon, they're a very good. You should chat up Gavin, he's a very nice and approachable person.

Jun 10, 2013 at 11:56 PM Post #13,880 of 21,761
Quote:
You should try getting in on the Aussie 1plus2 tour a_recording. I think you hearing what a hybrid done right sounds like would really bowl you over. I have the 1plus2's right now and I'm handing them off to someone else soon, they're a very good. You should chat up Gavin, he's a very nice and approachable person.

To meeee

Jun 10, 2013 at 11:58 PM Post #13,881 of 21,761
Quote:
Quote:
Can I just say.

I hate both, MS and Sony's new console designs! :frowning2:
Still, we have to give this Round to Sony.
They kicked MS right in their baaaalllzzz!!

I'm going to tell you just how... PS4 price == $399.99 while Xbox ONE = $499.99
And this:

I LOL'ed!!!

GO SONY!
GO VITA! 

:wink:

O... Sony's comeback! 
dt880smile.png

Jun 10, 2013 at 11:59 PM Post #13,882 of 21,761
Quote:

Ahaha. I have never seen such a display of trollery from such a large company. 
Quote:

I hope it would but honestly I always believe that a single dynamic driver done right is better most of the times - especially when you are like me and do not like carrying around portable amps.

Jun 11, 2013 at 12:07 AM Post #13,883 of 21,761
YOSP is the man. Sony killed it tonight. No DRM and $400? SOLD

Jun 11, 2013 at 12:25 AM Post #13,885 of 21,761
Can I just say.

The pics I saw look a little different: http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/10/sony-playstation-4-eyes-on/

Jun 11, 2013 at 1:03 AM Post #13,887 of 21,761
Quote:
I wonder what the people who say the K3003 has coherency issues would say if they heard the Rhapsodio RDB+ 2v1.

Are they really that bad? Did you demo the RBD+1 unit? While I felt the AKG3003 had coherency issues it was nowhere near as bad as the H-100 IEMs were for me in that regards....

Jun 11, 2013 at 1:07 AM Post #13,888 of 21,761
Quote:

Ahaha. I have never seen such a display of trollery from such a large company. 

I hope it would but honestly I always believe that a single dynamic driver done right is better most of the times - especially when you are like me and do not like carrying around portable amps.

Don't knock it before you hear it. They are that good. The MDR-7550s are not comparable IMO. Totally different levels of audio quality (but at this price point I'd sure hope so!). You do have a point though regarding sources. While they will sound decent out of a clip or an iphone. You won't be getting the IEMs full potential from such sources. It won't do them justice.

Jun 11, 2013 at 1:09 AM Post #13,889 of 21,761
Quote:
Don't knock it before you hear it. They are that good. The MDR-7550s are not comparable IMO. Totally different levels of audio quality (but at this price point I'd sure hope so!). You do have a point though regarding sources. While they will sound decent out of a clip or an iphone. You won't be getting the IEMs full potential from such sources. It won't do them justice.

You need a DF rig 
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back