The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Jun 11, 2013 at 1:19 AM Post #13,891 of 21,761
Quote:
Don't knock it before you hear it. They are that good.

I'm demoing the RDB+ 2v1. It's a stellar performer technically. I just think the actual tuning is incredibly unnatural and the price is stratospheric for what is pretty old hat technology, nothing special build quality and relatively poor ergonomics. There are many elements on the unit that just scream "listen to me" from the out-of-nowhere sub-bass kick to the metallic and brittle treble.

I can't help but compare it to the CK100Pro, which has been tuned well, still has a bass kick and a hyper detailed treble, sounds coherent, looks better and fits better, is actually made of high grade materials, and costs basically half the price.

I always think of things like the RDB+ 2v1 as audiophile Frankenstein monsters that must be approached with some caution, but that's just me.

Jun 11, 2013 at 1:23 AM Post #13,892 of 21,761
Quote:

I'm demoing the RDB+ 2v1. It's a stellar performer technically. I just think the actual tuning is incredibly unnatural and the price is stratospheric for what is pretty old hat technology, nothing special build quality and relatively poor ergonomics. There are many elements on the unit that just scream "listen to me" from the out-of-nowhere sub-bass kick to the metallic and brittle treble.

I can't help but compare it to the CK100Pro, which has been tuned well, still has a bass kick and a hyper detailed treble, sounds coherent, looks better and fits better, is actually made of high grade materials, and costs basically half the price.

I always think of things like the RDB+ 2v1 as audiophile Frankenstein monsters that must be approached with some caution, but that's just me.

I've never heard the RBD so I'm not sure if I could relate. I was referring to the revised 1Plus2 which is a completely different monster to my knowledge. If you are able to, try contact Sprks01 and see if you can get onto the Australian leg of the tour. I think you'd enjoy them :). It will still be some time though before the demo units reach Australia. They have to finish in Canada and the US first.

Jun 11, 2013 at 1:23 AM Post #13,893 of 21,761
Quote:
lol even that is too big for me :p. I use to carry bombs around back then :). I rather have portability though with great sound quality on the go. It's getting more common these days luckily :).

Speaking of that... wonder what they'd think of it @ an airport check... A huge audio sandwich :p wait. I think someone that was from a thread/review did have to explain that to them LOL.... wait. That's Jude I think....

So, you'd go with a DAP? And sandwiches are getting more common? 

Jun 11, 2013 at 1:26 AM Post #13,894 of 21,761
Quote:
Are they really that bad? Did you demo the RBD+1 unit? While I felt the AKG3003 had coherency issues it was nowhere near as bad as the H-100 IEMs were for me in that regards....

Yes. I do like the 1P2 a lot better, though it isn't my preferred sig. That still isn't saying any thing though, since I prefer $100 headphones to the RDB.

Someone once told me that my impressions of varying headphones remind him of Escher Stairs

6a00d83451b31569e2013489158321970c-800wi

Jun 11, 2013 at 1:31 AM Post #13,896 of 21,761
Quote:
Speaking of that... wonder what they'd think of it @ an airport check... A huge audio sandwich :p wait. I think someone that was from a thread/review did have to explain that to them LOL.... wait. That's Jude I think....

So, you'd go with a DAP? And sandwiches are getting more common? 

I could only imagine lol.... Cavity search anyone? :p

Yes I use an AK120 and Studio V 3rd ANV. I also have an N1 but I only use that with my 8As and I never use those out of the house (safety reasons). I ended up selling my DX100 due to wanting more portability, longer battery life and UI. The DX100 was prime to me when paired with the T1 amp but that takes away from its portability even more lol. So it was a no go in the end. Still a fine sounding DAP regardless :).

Jun 11, 2013 at 1:57 AM Post #13,898 of 21,761
Quote:

Ahaha. I have never seen such a display of trollery from such a large company. 

I hope it would but honestly I always believe that a single dynamic driver done right is better most of the times - especially when you are like me and do not like carrying around portable amps.

Agreed, but the 1Plus2 brings a lot to the table none the less. Enough people around theses boards have been talking about it's sub bass capabilities so I won't bore you with that. It's other strength is immersion, it's imaging is rather spectacular and a really fun listen when you start throwing different music at it to see what it can do. The mids were rather rough with it's original pure silver cable but now they have a more slightly smoothed over sound with the new gold an silver cable Tralucent now offers. Before you say anything, I'm a non cable believer whose now telling you there's a difference in sonics with another cable. Why I'm hearing a difference, don't ask me I'm as surprised as anyone else on here who knows me and my views on boutique cables would be. Why not send Gavin a PM? The most he'll say is no on getting in on the tour in which case you've lost absolutely nothing except the 5 minutes it took to shoot him the PM. In my opinion, there's really no reason to not try and get in on the 1Plus2 tour fun. Give it a little thought.

Jun 11, 2013 at 1:59 AM Post #13,899 of 21,761
Quote:
I could only imagine lol.... Cavity search anyone? :p

Yes I use an AK120 and Studio V 3rd ANV. I also have an N1 but I only use that with my 8As and I never use those out of the house (safety reasons). I ended up selling my DX100 due to wanting more portability, longer battery life and UI. The DX100 was prime to me when paired with the T1 amp but that takes away from its portability even more lol. So it was a no go in the end. Still a fine sounding DAP regardless :).

Quite the sense of humor you got there... "Portable Bomb Man Extraordinaire" 
tongue.gif

I see... so you paired a terminator with that...

Well, good night everyone :>

Jun 11, 2013 at 2:01 AM Post #13,901 of 21,761
Quote:
lol even that is too big for me :p. I use to carry bombs around back then :). I rather have portability though with great sound quality on the go. It's getting more common these days luckily :).

I'm still waiting for the day I'm sitting cafe side with my CLAS rig and a SWAT team comes tearing through the cafe's door and gang tackles me thinking I'm a bomb wielding loon
tongue.gif

Jun 11, 2013 at 2:04 AM Post #13,902 of 21,761
Oh just to clarify, the Canadian tour of the 1Plus2 will be over once it leaves my hands unless Gavin has someone else lined up. In the next 3 or 4 days my review unit should be on its way into eke's hands. From there i have no idea how many American reviewers are lined up for it.

Jun 11, 2013 at 2:06 AM Post #13,903 of 21,761
Quote:
Quite the sense of humor you got there... "Portable Bomb Man Extraordinaire" 
tongue.gif

I see... so you paired a terminator with that...

Well, good night everyone :>

lol the N1 is probably the most portable player I have  but has a crap load of issues itself :p.

Laters :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back