The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
May 10, 2013 at 9:14 AM Post #11,446 of 21,761
Quote:
Quote:
If you could ask the guy about their availability, that would be awesome. They're surprisingly expensive: I think around 600-800 USD.

Sorry you wont be going to Fujiya! Maybe next time? You can bet there will always be stuff to look forward to there (and probably three more Flat4s by this time next year LMAO).

Regarding FitEar, build quality is a major part of it, yeah. It's some of the best I've encountered in IEMs whether they're custom or universal. They're also exceedingly comfortable and one of the few listening devices I actually want to wear when I'm not in a masochistic mood. Honestly I don't talk about comfort as much as some people, at least not in a make-it-or-break-it sort of way, but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate it. Over the years I've learned to tolerate quite a bit of gear-related discomfort, just because I like collecting and using a variety of stuff. Then there's the masochism aspect. Sound-wise I really like FitEar's monitors too. Even when they're more overtly colored, it's done in a way that isn't overdone or intrusive. They're all fairly transparent sounding and natural to my ears in most cases.

Ok I found it but the guy was not online, I left him a message.

I'll try Fujiya again in October...only problem is that I will have a kid by then and iems will be the least of my problems :)

I think I'll just spend a weekend in Tokyo in June or July and get a pair of Fitear...not sure which one yet. I wish someone had a pair of MH334. Think I'll get a 335 anyways, since I have several customs, I do not need to have a "reference" sound, esoteric sounding like Gavin qualifies it is fine.

The new Patarre weren't in Fujiya Avic when I went there just before closing. Since they have the demo models of most of the popular customs I could try the 335. I got the impression that while they are a bit too bass heavy for my tastes, my HP-P1/Pico Power rig wasn't good enough for them. I need a DAC as good as the Master 7 that is the same size. Given the Yen is now at a more sane rate, I'm probably going to get the 335s. 

May 10, 2013 at 10:41 AM Post #11,447 of 21,761
New universal from the Japanese masters...

[COLOR=696969]FitEar[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]Parterre[/COLOR]

http://fitear.jp/music/news/pr/news130502.html

Very curious. I've heard rumors about new universals, but this one came from left field. Few seem to know about it, even some of the insiders I know. Looks similar to the F111.

It looks like it's even smaller than the F111. Any news on how much it costs? (guess is still too expensive for me :frowning2: )

May 10, 2013 at 10:41 AM Post #11,448 of 21,761
Anymore info on the Patarre, driver setup, type of sig, MSRP etc? Seems like everyone out there is releasing new products nowadays. First iBasso then Shure next Astel and now FitEar.

May 10, 2013 at 11:20 AM Post #11,449 of 21,761
Quote:
Heya,

My mom is looking for a Bluetooth supported portable speaker system like the Jawbone Jambox, so after researching, I have found the JBL Charge to be the best for under $200 and roughly the same size (Both are necessary criteria). This will be for mothers day, so I'll need to order it ASAP.

Very best,

Heya,

I had a chance to sample the following two speakers last year:

http://www.supertooth.net/EN/DISCO/#page=page-1
http://www.supertooth.net/EN/DISCO2/#page=page-1

and I remember them both sounding pretty fantastic given that they weren't Apt-X.  Of the two, I preferred the Disco 2 as the Disco tended to distort a little at high volumes, though I admit that was just for testing and no sane human being would want to turn it up that loud.  Don't know if that helps or not.

Very best,

May 10, 2013 at 12:01 PM Post #11,451 of 21,761
Getting rusty, whe have known for a few days :wink:.but limited info apart from multi driver and theater like effect.
New universal from the Japanese masters...

[COLOR=696969]FitEar[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]Parterre[/COLOR]

http://fitear.jp/music/news/pr/news130502.html

Very curious. I've heard rumors about new universals, but this one came from left field. Few seem to know about it, even some of the insiders I know. Looks similar to the F111.

May 10, 2013 at 12:03 PM Post #11,452 of 21,761
They sounded slightly bassy yet controlled to me...the Ak100 apparently drives them well.
The new Patarre weren't in Fujiya Avic when I went there just before closing. Since they have the demo models of most of the popular customs I could try the 335. I got the impression that while they are a bit too bass heavy for my tastes, my HP-P1/Pico Power rig wasn't good enough for them. I need a DAC as good as the Master 7 that is the same size. Given the Yen is now at a more sane rate, I'm probably going to get the 335s. 

May 10, 2013 at 1:17 PM Post #11,453 of 21,761
Quote:
Getting rusty, whe have known for a few days 

Why do people assume I'm a source for breaking news, again? I hardly leave the diary thread anymore.

That being said, I know about some upcoming FitEar products most of you guys probably don't. Ooooo...

The MH335DW have a slight bass emphasis to my ears, but I really don't hear them as uber bassy at all. The bass is extremely well controlled, fast, articulate. I've heard from a few folks that the universal demo version of the MH335DW is most different from the full-on CIEM in terms of bass, something that doesn't surprise me. I really do scratch my head though at some of the things people have said about FitEar and bass response, not just with the MH335DW, but the TO GO! 334 and F111 as well.

I'm starting to get a feel for FitEar's "house sound," a term I use extremely loosely, as in most cases I think it's overplayed and isn't so much a gloss of actual sound as it is a descriptor of the designers' priorities and tendencies. I have to say that of all the companies I've been drawn to over the years, FitEar's "sound" is perhaps the most elusive and hardest to pin down. Their monitors are extremely transparent and accurate, but there's also a certain subtle interpretive element going on, in a sense "shades of nothing" or different tints of a clear surface.

That is fast becoming one of my favorite aspects of IEMs---particularly high-end monitors--- over their full-sized counterparts: in their world, you get many different flavors of accuracy.

May 10, 2013 at 1:31 PM Post #11,455 of 21,761
^ I've since added some IEM musings. Jgray, you always seem to read that stuff, so I appreciate it. Sometimes I think of you as my IEM disciple.

A 160,000 watt class A amplifier. Finally the HE-6 can be driven properly with enough headroom.

Best part is the iDevice compatibility.

May 10, 2013 at 1:43 PM Post #11,456 of 21,761
Quote:
Quote:
Getting rusty, whe have known for a few days 

Why do people assume I'm a source for breaking news, again? I hardly leave the diary thread anymore.

We don't get out that often either, so it's news to us.  Except for Mimouille that is.

Quote:
..then Mimouille counters that s/he knows something from FitEars too

He, definitely a he this time. 

Quote:
^ I've since added some IEM musings. Jgray, you always seem to read that stuff, so I appreciate it. Sometimes I think of you as my IEM disciple.

That's because he totally is!  You should check out his blog sometime, it'd make you proud. 
smile.gif

Quote:

Best part is the iDevice compatibility.

LOL 
biggrin.gif
  Wait, looks a little big for an iDevice.  But I like how they're thinking with the mobile lifestyle angle in general.

May 10, 2013 at 2:00 PM Post #11,458 of 21,761

I always seem to. j/k. More often than not I have to read because I read, and lately I kind of am not into headphones lately, and more interested into IEMs, so this is a win situation. Besides, I could struck gold and I'll be glad that I have an awesome sensei for reference.

The MH335DW have a slight bass emphasis to my ears, but I really don't hear them as uber bassy at all. The bass is extremely well controlled, fast, articulate. I've heard from a few folks that the universal demo version of the MH335DW is most different from the full-on CIEM in terms of bass, something that doesn't surprise me. I really do scratch my head though at some of the things people have said about FitEar and bass response, not just with the MH335DW, but the TO GO! 334 and F111 as well.

I'm starting to get a feel for FitEar's "house sound," a term I use extremely loosely, as in most cases I think it's overplayed and isn't so much a gloss of actual sound as it is a descriptor of the designers' priorities and tendencies. I have to say that of all the companies I've been drawn to over the years, FitEar's "sound" is perhaps the most elusive and hardest to pin down. Their monitors are extremely transparent and accurate, but there's also a certain subtle interpretive element going on, in a sense "shades of nothing" or different tints of a clear surface.

That is fast becoming one of my favorite aspects of IEMs---particularly high-end monitors--- over their full-sized counterparts: in their world, you get many different flavors of accuracy.

Maybe that is their house sound: accuracy. That has been the most consistent aspect that you gleaned of them as far as I can tell/remember.

May 10, 2013 at 6:37 PM Post #11,459 of 21,761
Quote:

That being said, I know about some upcoming FitEar products most of you guys probably don't. Ooooo...

I vote you hire me and jgray91. We could be your minions and run around doing your headphone/IEM bidding. By the way, is minion pay any good? Would we have eye wear and dental coverage?
gs1000.gif
jecklinsmile.gif

May 10, 2013 at 6:52 PM Post #11,460 of 21,761
Got my Leckerton UHA-6S Mk.II today. Of course, I'm not very familiar with it yet, but my first impression is that this is a brilliant portable amp. I can safely say that I'm satisfied with this purchase.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back