we collide like worlds together
from the start
from start
from start
from start
from start
we collide
collide

EDIT:  Unsurprisingly, it's cloyingly happy and bubbly... not unlike myself.  Actually, it was one of those college radio tunes for me back in the day, so I have many positive associations with it. 
smile.gif

Mar 6, 2013 at 6:53 AM Post #7,457 of 21,761
The worst is when you know the beat and even the sound of a particular song but cant articulate it enough to find the damn track! That drives me nuts lol. There are quite a few tracks that I am still searching for and am even trying to associate certain singers voices to since they sound similar to said singers....
rolleyes.gif

There's this one particular rock song (definitely a sad song) that I must have. The singers voice reminds me of Pearl Jam. It actually could be Pearl Jam but I haven't gone through his entire discography yet lol.

Mar 6, 2013 at 6:57 AM Post #7,458 of 21,761
Are you thinking of Stone Temple Pilots by any chance?

Mar 6, 2013 at 7:00 AM Post #7,460 of 21,761
What's Shazam?

EDIT:  Nevermind, my friend Google just told me.

Mar 6, 2013 at 7:05 AM Post #7,462 of 21,761
Mar 6, 2013 at 7:06 AM Post #7,463 of 21,761
The worst is when you know the beat and even the sound of a particular song but cant articulate it enough to find the damn track!

Query by humming.

SoundHound and Shazam are both pretty good (I think SoundHound is a little better), and they're both available on pretty nearly all the smart phones that matter (iOS, Android, Windows). Edit: If you're specifically trying to find a song by singing or humming it yourself, try SoundHound first, because that was what it was designed for. Shazam is optimized for extracting the original music from ambient noise -- for example, if you're in a store and there's a catchy song playing, run one of these apps and it'll tell you what song it is.

(Fun fact: These services have to store sound signature data on every single song in order to be usefully efficient -- they save space by throwing out the verses and saving only the hooks and choruses of pop songs since those are the only parts people tend to retain.)

Mar 6, 2013 at 7:10 AM Post #7,464 of 21,761
Thanks I saved these posts in a Word Doc and will try them out later :p. One of the songs that was bugging me and I finally found it was "Rock the Casbah" by The Clash :p. lol I use to think he was saying "Sharlene don't like it" lol.

Mar 6, 2013 at 7:11 AM Post #7,465 of 21,761
Quote:
One of the songs that was bugging me and I finally found it was "Rock the Casbah" by The Clash :p. lol

LOL, you couldn't remember Rock the Casbah? 
biggrin.gif
  Classic!

Mar 6, 2013 at 7:12 AM Post #7,466 of 21,761
Quote:

biggrin.gif
  Classic!

It didn't sound like that to me until I heard it recently. I honestly don't think their vocals are the clearest on that song (kinda high pitched) :p. Then again on a crappy radio that just won't do lol :p.

Mar 6, 2013 at 7:16 AM Post #7,467 of 21,761
Quote:
Not to be all morbid, but should I ever get hit by a bus, this is the song I want played at my funeral:

http://open.spotify.com/track/3O2rsSf5nvc55IgE073Sg1

Spinnin' Ronnie Laws - "Friends & Strangers" but for you, will put Side 2 on hold as I flip. Would love to check out your selected material. Feeling reserved, I'll share mine with you on the other side.

Okay, warrenpchi, I got you firm in mind! In the event of your untimely journey, I shall play this song in memory of a good friend.

Mar 6, 2013 at 7:17 AM Post #7,468 of 21,761
Mar 6, 2013 at 7:23 AM Post #7,469 of 21,761
Quote:

Spinnin' Ronnie Laws - "Friends & Strangers" but for you, will put Side 2 on hold as I flip. Would love to check out your selected material.

Thank you sir!  The first track is going to be wildly unlike your typical fare.  Understandable if you don't sit through all of it. 
wink.gif
  But the second one, that's a different story. 
redface.gif

Quote:

Feeling reserved, I'll share mine with you on the other side.

Roger roger.  
smile.gif

EDIT:

Quote:
Quote:
biggrin.gif
  Classic!

That might be before he was born.
wink.gif

biggrin.gif
  That hadn't even occurred to me.

Mar 6, 2013 at 7:33 AM Post #7,470 of 21,761

Users who are viewing this thread

Back