The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Sep 12, 2012 at 8:33 PM Post #228 of 21,763
Borisu has a more complete DIY Self built CIEM project that has been completed
http://www.head-fi.org/t/623221/diy-custom-iems-part-2

There are a plethora of pictures detailing his progress, not step by step but updates on what is going on! 
gs1000.gif

Sep 12, 2012 at 8:34 PM Post #229 of 21,763
I can't tell what's going on here but it's fascinating to watch: Hand built custom headphones

Here's his pic:
http://retroglade.webstarts.com/

This description is a bit frightening, but I like the kid's moxie - got get 'em!

CONSTRUCTION
i carved the headphones from blue insulation foam and tested that they fit on my head. next i covered the in paper mache.

SOUND SYSTEM
Speakers: slightly diffrent speakers from talking greating cards.
Cord: removed it from some broken earbuds.

Sep 12, 2012 at 8:52 PM Post #231 of 21,763
It's Christmas in, um, September: Package from Markertek arrived with all kinds of cable building goodies. I suppose I could complain because they shipped the wrong color of housing for some of the Canare cable, but since I'm going to cut the housing off, I think I'll let it slide. heh.

Sep 12, 2012 at 8:54 PM Post #232 of 21,763
Quote:
I'm not a camera enthusiast, but I might have to become one because that is a thing of beauty.

The RX1 looks like a gorgeous piece of kit, but I'd still stick with the NEX range. The NEX6 looks pretty amazing as well. I wish they would make a fast pancake lens though.

Sep 12, 2012 at 9:13 PM Post #233 of 21,763
Quote:
It is?
tongue.gif

Oh, saw this and decided that when Jackson dies, I'm going to do everything I possibly can to get one!{C}{C}Edit: Actually, I just read about how they destroy every piece of furniture you own and can't be trained to do otherwise. Bummer.
Well, there's always a pet fox, there's a breeder of domesticated foxes just a couple counties over from me.

While your at it why not get a Tiger and a Lion? :wink:.

Sep 12, 2012 at 9:25 PM Post #234 of 21,763
I don't know - I think wild animals should stay wild. It's one thing if they have been injured by poachers or something, but I'm not so keen on attempting to breed & raise quasi-domesticated wild animals. Even exotic animals that are successfully farmed like ostrich and zebra feels wrong to me. I know it's better than having them be endangered, but it still seems like a shame - especially when the breeders start making hybrids and other ornamental animals. IMHO, that's just wrong.

Sep 12, 2012 at 10:37 PM Post #235 of 21,763
Quote:
Anyone want a 600 EURO AKG K702?

The 65th Anniversary K702 by AKG

It looks great, but I'll stick with my K400EP.

Quote:
I must be the only person here who doesn't remotely care about the new iPhone, or smart phones in general.

I don't either. $40 a month is too much when a Sony or Cowon Android dap will generally look, work and sound better.

Quote:
On a completely different note: today I tried naginata (kinda like kendo, but with a 'naginata', i.e. a Japanese halberd). I liked it, but I also realized how incredibly difficult this is, especially at the beginning. I want to try it, but I'm afraid of wading through the steep learning curve. While I tried naginata today, I'll actually be doing kendo. Since naginata is always on Wednesdays, and I have me Wednesday evening reserved for something else already. Looking forward to my first kendo training on Monday.
It should be Eclectic Boogaloo instead. It's actually a pretty good album, though I'm not sure if any of you would know it.

That's awesome! I'd love hear about how it goes.

Quote:
That's beginner ramen.

Moderate: Crack the egg right over the boiling ramen. It'll cook through and you've saved yourself a pot to clean.

Advanced: Save the cutting board and knife for the chives and greens and chunks of carrots you should also chop up and add in.

God mode: Add some kimchi, slices of fish sausage and spam or hot dog, some ddok, and sprinkle liberally with red chili powder. Now you've got yourself a good budae jigae and you won't have to eat for the rest of the day.

I made God Mode Ramyun once (as you describe it) and it really does fill you up all day, although I usually just crack the egg right over. My only problem with Ramyun is that the broth tastes so good that I forget that I shouldn't drink it -because 2000+mg salt content. I was shaking like crazy today :p

Sep 12, 2012 at 11:12 PM Post #236 of 21,763
While your at it why not get a Tiger and a Lion? :wink:.

I'm just thinking out loud, there's no way I'd get another pet now. :wink: I marvel at the people who have servals as pets, BIG kitties.

Sep 12, 2012 at 11:24 PM Post #238 of 21,763
Quote:
I'm just thinking out loud, there's no way I'd get another pet now.
wink.gif
I marvel at the people who have servals as pets, BIG kitties.

I think a fox would make a very nice pet though. Looks like many have successfully domesticated them as pets. They are also beautiful animals.

Sep 12, 2012 at 11:28 PM Post #239 of 21,763
So in other news, the friends of mine that asked me to join the wolf pack are therian, which I probably should have figured. They don't believe themselves to be less than human, but rather believe they have the souls of wolves within them, that manifest while they sleep; often in the form of four legged sleep walking, among other behaviors. One of the friends was drawing an OC from a popular web comic on her laptop via a wacom tablet.

What is interesting is that I'm noticing an attachment between anime fans and furries; both sisters are heavily into anime culture (I hate using the terms "otaku" and "weaboo," as both have derogatory or negative connotations), and one is a white furred Japanese wolf -kind of like Amaterasu.

They're both much more therian than furry, in that they share this spiritual belief or sense in their being an animal within.

Sep 12, 2012 at 11:55 PM Post #240 of 21,763
Quote:
So in other news, the friends of mine that asked me to join the wolf pack are therian, which I probably should have figured. They don't believe themselves to be less than human, but rather believe they have the souls of wolves within them, that manifest while they sleep; often in the form of four legged sleep walking, among other behaviors. One of the friends was drawing an OC from a popular web comic on her laptop via a wacom tablet.

What is interesting is that I'm noticing an attachment between anime fans and furries; both sisters are heavily into anime culture (I hate using the terms "otaku" and "weaboo," as both have derogatory or negative connotations), and one is a white furred Japanese wolf -kind of like Amaterasu.

They're both much more therian than furry, in that they share this spiritual belief or sense in their being an animal within.

huh, i don't think i know anyone that would fall under the furry category, but it sure is fascinating to read about your experiences with it (if that is the right term). In other news, i just got back from my film 201 lecture, and we watched Run, Lola, Run and I have to say that it is a very interesting movie if you are into the whole cause and effect/butter fly effect thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back