The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Jun 9, 2014 at 5:21 PM Post #21,648 of 21,761
beerchug.gif

Jun 9, 2014 at 6:23 PM Post #21,649 of 21,761
So anyone excited with E3 yet?!?
To me as of now, a big "MEH!"...

I just learned of a Documentary called Beautiful Noise about the Shoegaze/dream-pop genre! It seems it started life in KickStarter but it's actually making the rounds now in a couple of Film fests or so. Did anyone here pledge for it? I wonder when it will be available...

And speaking of shoegaze/dream-pop, yesterday I was watching the last James Gandolfini (Tony Soprano) movie with Julia Dreyfus and I almost cried when it was near the end and a beautiful track was playing along the way! I had to find out who it was! Of course, Neil Halstead (Slowdive/Mojave 3) "Digging Shelters". EXCELLENT track. I think I need to buy more music soon...

Jun 10, 2014 at 10:28 AM Post #21,651 of 21,761
Been home a couple of days. I'm not going to go into details on this one, however, it involves my stomach and a bathroom. I feel good, kind of fresh in my mind so to say, but my body from the neck downwards kind of disagrees with that feeling. It's okay, I'll soon be good to go back to work. Lots to do there.

Inventory of my training equipment:

1. Running shoes
  2. Kettlebell
  3. Bodylastics Resistance Bands (yeah, they work damned fine, very good alternative to free weights)
  4. Gym Rings
  5. Polar Loop Activity Tracker
  6. Heart Rate Monitor
  7. iPhone
  8. IEMs

Am I missing something here? I've been interested in importing gravity shoes from US but I have no experience with such. I'm thinking because of my lower back and my "supposed" herniated disk (although working out and going twice a week to a massage chair has helped a lot). I've been eyeing GPS watches instead of my activity tracker for running, but truth be told, none of them can do anything my iPhone can't do better with proper apps. Of course, dropping and losing my phone would be disastrous, and losing a watch wouldn't, still, I can't plan my whole life in prevention of losing my gear -- also, it's not like I live in a slum (we live in one of the nicest and most expensive suburbs to Stockholm here), so robberies don't really happen around here. The rumoured iWatch might also be waiting around the corner, and it's rumoured to be centered around fitness as well. I'd probably stay clear of watches.

I don't know what else I would need?

Jun 10, 2014 at 11:03 AM Post #21,652 of 21,761
Been home a couple of days. I'm not going to go into details on this one, however, it involves my stomach and a bathroom. I feel good, kind of fresh in my mind so to say, but my body from the neck downwards kind of disagrees with that feeling. It's okay, I'll soon be good to go back to work. Lots to do there.

Inventory of my training equipment:

• Running shoes
  • Kettlebell
  • Bodylastics Resistance Bands (yeah, they work damned fine, very good alternative to free weights)
  • Gym Rings
  • Polar Loop Activity Tracker
  • Heart Rate Monitor
  • iPhone
  • IEMs

Am I missing something here? I've been interested in importing gravity shoes from US but I have no experience with such. I'm thinking because of my lower back and my "supposed" herniated disk (although working out and going twice a week to a massage chair has helped a lot). I've been eyeing GPS watches instead of my activity tracker for running, but truth be told, none of them can do anything my iPhone can't do better with proper apps. Of course, dropping and losing my phone would be disastrous, and losing a watch wouldn't, still, I can't plan my whole life in prevention of losing my gear -- also, it's not like I live in a slum (we live in one of the nicest and most expensive suburbs to Stockholm here), so robberies don't really happen around here. The rumoured iWatch might also be waiting around the corner, and it's rumoured to be centered around fitness as well. I'd probably stay clear of watches.

I don't know what else I would need?

A private trainer standing beside you yelling "C'mon you fat tub of lard, push it, PUSH IT!!" :p

Jun 10, 2014 at 11:22 AM Post #21,653 of 21,761
A private trainer standing beside you yelling "C'mon you fat tub of lard, push it, PUSH IT!!"
tongue.gif

LOL, my wife is good at calling me a fat tub of lard, and my associate prof is good at being a trainer. Neither stand anywhere near when I work out though.

I just came to think of a thing I'd "need" ("needing something" is so... relative): Compression/Tight shorts to avoid chafing my thighs when running.

Jun 14, 2014 at 7:22 PM Post #21,654 of 21,761

I can understand doing this for teams of engineers with smaller leverage but brilliant ideas, and so on, because they have little to no leverage in the business they're in (seen from a bigger picture). But for Iovine because of his connections and reputation in the industry? I don't know. He seems like a loose gun and I bet his only alliance and loyalty belongs to his own bank account, and not whoever "hires" him. An expensive and risky move, IMO.

I know I'm late to this, but I think calling Iovine a "loose gun" is really inaccurate & misguided. I work in the music biz and he is one of, if not the most respected men in it today, even though he is no longer IN the music biz proper now that he has left UMG and joined Apple. I can't think of anything he has ever done that would give him a reputation for being a 'loose gun'. Not only that, but he was friends with Steve and they collaborated on stuff going back to the U2 iPod and the first music video appearance of an iPod (50 cent). The guy has made a ton of money already, so I don't think that is a prime concern of his right now. I think he wants to show that he was more than just a music visionary, and can actually be a significant guiding force at a leading tech firm. Jimmy is an asset to any company and they were wise to get him.

Jun 15, 2014 at 1:05 AM Post #21,656 of 21,761
I bumped you up to 302. :wink: Good on ya, man.

Jun 15, 2014 at 9:14 AM Post #21,658 of 21,761
  I filmed this video especially for some of you guys in here, you all know who you are. Thanks guys, you've all very much changed my life

It's good to hear you are so stoked about things. Lots of big changes happening in your life at the same time eh?

Jun 15, 2014 at 1:40 PM Post #21,659 of 21,761

It's good to hear you are so stoked about things. Lots of big changes happening in your life at the same time eh?

I got lots of stuff going on, both good and bad. I'm hoping by this time next year it'll be back to the same hum drum I'm used to.
I'm also hoping once I'm married and have moved I'll have a far better filming setup and a larger desk instead of my tiny room and even tinier laptop desk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back