The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Aug 1, 2013 at 3:20 AM Post #16,561 of 21,761
Damn those eye pictures.

I once had a client who had coloboma, and while I didn't want to let it affect our professional relation, it was hard not to drift away into that eyeball of his, especially in the beginning.

Aug 1, 2013 at 3:24 AM Post #16,562 of 21,761
Quote:
Damn those eye pictures.

I once had a client who had coloboma, and while I didn't want to let it affect our professional relation, it was hard not to drift away into that eyeball of his, especially in the beginning.

lol I'm sure you of all people would have more understanding. Kinda reminds me of that scene from Austins Powers and the mole :).

Aug 1, 2013 at 3:25 AM Post #16,563 of 21,761
lol I'm sure you of all people would have more understanding. Kinda reminds me of that scene from Austins Powers and the mole :).

Was that Fred Savage?

Aug 1, 2013 at 4:07 AM Post #16,565 of 21,761
Quote:

This was when I was 21 years old and worked with sheet metal, so I was young, dumb and full of s*it at the time. Needless to say, I wasn't as "professional" (for a lack of a better word) about it as I would've been today.

My boss though, he could be an outright a-hole when it came to such matters. One of my co-workers had strabismus and our boss sometimes laughingly/jokingly jumped from one side to the other, saying "Hi" twice to him and asked pretty bluntly which eye he was looking with. I could see my coworker getting a bit sad from this but kept smiling. I told my boss that it was probably not a good idea to joke about it as he seemed a bit sensitive about it, but the guy quit his job pretty fast. I kept contact with him for a few years afterwards though, because we became friends.

Aug 1, 2013 at 5:04 AM Post #16,567 of 21,761
Quote:
That's the sad part people don't realize the implications of such actions. Some people take that sorts thing really hard.

I agree. Regarding my boss, I don't think he was evil about it, he wasn't your typical school yard bully. I think he just had a little morbid sense of humour and was a bit naive with how things affect other people. He probably just thought he was making people a bit more relaxed. When my girlfriend broke up with me and I was clearly emotional about it, he joked about it as well, but ended up saying some nice stuff in the end. So I really don't think he was trying to be mean or a bully. Just a bit naive.

Aug 1, 2013 at 8:01 AM Post #16,569 of 21,761
Aug 1, 2013 at 8:09 AM Post #16,570 of 21,761
Quote:
This was when I was 21 years old and worked with sheet metal, so I was young, dumb and full of s*it at the time. Needless to say, I wasn't as "professional" (for a lack of a better word) about it as I would've been today.

My boss though, he could be an outright a-hole when it came to such matters. One of my co-workers had strabismus and our boss sometimes laughingly/jokingly jumped from one side to the other, saying "Hi" twice to him and asked pretty bluntly which eye he was looking with.

Aw, what an idiot (the boss).

To "MuppetFace",

The K-mart electrostatic images were not intended to downplay STAX by the way.  I realise STAX is in a special class, and audiophiles can pay whatever they want for that class.  I'm simply confused why there are no cheap STAX amplifiers, such as Chinese clones.  Fiio's first amplifier was exactly that, a clone.  Hey, it's actually a good thing there are no direct clones though.  I have a Chinese clone of the Audio Technica AT-HA2002.

Aug 1, 2013 at 10:00 AM Post #16,571 of 21,761
Quote:

My boss though, he could be an outright a-hole when it came to such matters. One of my co-workers had strabismus and our boss sometimes laughingly/jokingly jumped from one side to the other, saying "Hi" twice to him and asked pretty bluntly which eye he was looking with. I could see my coworker getting a bit sad from this but kept smiling. I told my boss that it was probably not a good idea to joke about it as he seemed a bit sensitive about it, but the guy quit his job pretty fast. I kept contact with him for a few years afterwards though, because we became friends.

Hahaha well, I have "strabismus" too, actually I was operated on a few times but sometimes one of my eyes still "wanders" around like he's its own boss :p At work we always joke with it, I don't mind at all!

Anyway, I've had this since I was born so I pretty much learned to deal with it since I was little. I always told people that having strabismus was the best thing ever and probably why I was smarter than almost everyone else. Why? Because with one eye I read, and with the other I reviewed....

:wink:

Defense-mechanisms FTW!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back