The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
Sep 7, 2012 at 11:51 PM Post #5,536 of 9,815
Quote:
Yeah, they went up. If you buy two, you can get $10 off with a coupon code B2S10. Brings them back down $10. 

I got some for the international headfiers. Let me know if you want one. No profit for me. 

Yeah, I'll take one.  PM me the details.  It's awesome of you to make the offer. :)  Thanks in advance.

Sep 8, 2012 at 4:35 AM Post #5,540 of 9,815
Just a friendly PSA for my fellow Californians ... Amazon starts collecting sales tax for us in one week on September 15, 2012.

Sep 8, 2012 at 5:34 AM Post #5,541 of 9,815
god I hate everything about this state except for the weather, thanks for the reminder... time to spend some gift cards

Sep 8, 2012 at 1:37 PM Post #5,543 of 9,815
Right now sales tax in CA is between 9 to 10%

Sep 8, 2012 at 2:09 PM Post #5,547 of 9,815
Yeah that tax implementation is definitely going to have an impact on my shopping habits at amazon.

San Diego only at 7.75 -> What??

I know here at least in Northern California the tax has always been miserably high. :frowning2:

Sep 8, 2012 at 3:18 PM Post #5,550 of 9,815
Quote:
Just a friendly PSA for my fellow Californians ... Amazon starts collecting sales tax for us in one week on September 15, 2012.

Quote:
They already started for us Texans. What's the sales tax in Cali?

Moved to Texas from Arizona a little over two months ago for my job. The first time I purchased from Amazon here, I was shocked to find that taxes were charged. So far, I've coped by making large orders of things I wanted to purchase and shipping them to a friend in AZ, then flying over there pick up the packages. Ironically since I work for an airlines company, the round trip flight ticket to Phoenix and back is less than the taxes Texas charges for any significant Amazon purchase.

On a headphone related note, the Uptowns arrived today, and I was pleasantly surprised to find that they are much more comfortable than I remembered them being in the Best Buy. Kudos to the person who found the $40 deal, I think I'll definitely have a use or two for them in the future. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back