The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
Sep 7, 2012 at 12:56 AM Post #5,521 of 9,815
I agree, my uptowns were delivered and they are a steal at $40.  It's really just a shame they put such a weak cable on them, all thin and tangley with that atrocious volume slider.  Trying them directly from a Fuze I could hear a definite shift to the right, like the left was at a slightly lower volume.  The Fuze also seemed to struggle a bit driving them.  Plugged into my PC, Xonar DG, the imbalance went away completely and they really sound great. 

They seem as if they can't decide what to be, like someone designed a really nice pair of mid range at home headphones and some tool thought they needed to be portable so they stuck a really chintzy portable cable on there and called it a day.  They would probably really appreciate a recable.

Sep 7, 2012 at 10:14 AM Post #5,524 of 9,815
Quote:

Nice pics! I can't wait to get my uptowns. I plan on using them as an easy toss around can that I'm not afraid to break :)

These came up after I ordered my Zoro's....

Damn... 

My White Zoro's are great too. :)

Sep 7, 2012 at 11:15 AM Post #5,525 of 9,815
Quote:
HOT DEAL, ALMOST SOLD OUT! (I seriously think there might be like 3 left)
http://www.cowboom.com/product/1145350

Coupon code TechBargains5 to get $5 off. It's $55 shipped for me with tax.
Crazy good deal since the lowest I've seen on Amazon is $120 or something.

Note: The site is very glitchy. It might say it's sold out a few times but keep refreshing!
And I've used this site before. It's basically Best Buy's outlet store. Trustable.

These appear to be back in stock and the coupon code is still working; I just placed an order. Thanks!

Sep 7, 2012 at 11:34 AM Post #5,526 of 9,815
Quote:

These appear to be back in stock and the coupon code is still working; I just placed an order. Thanks!

ANNNND....  Out of stock again!  Haa..

Edit, tried again and it worked.  Site is so glitchy....

Sep 7, 2012 at 7:01 PM Post #5,527 of 9,815
You're telling me-have these phones, couldn't resist at the price, went to the site, told "out of stock", did it again 2 minutes later, took my order but gave me much grief setting up account, finally got it done, hopefully works out.

Sep 7, 2012 at 9:37 PM Post #5,530 of 9,815
Quote:
Oh snap, did the HF3 just go up in price? Still shows $56 on the item page but now its $64.99 in my cart...

Yeah, I noticed the same thing...I'm holding out.  Are these guys worth the small increase in price???

Sep 7, 2012 at 9:59 PM Post #5,532 of 9,815
Quote:
they must be upping the price due to popularity. I suppose we could vote with our wallets, to drive the price down again, but we'd have to show some serious dicipline; all of us!

Yep I'm sure that's it. Everyone, REFUSE THE IMPULSE TO BUY. :) Chances are the majority of sales are coming from head-fi'ers. I'm with aleki let's resist and try to get them to bring the price back down. :)

Sep 7, 2012 at 10:43 PM Post #5,533 of 9,815
Quote:

Yep I'm sure that's it. Everyone, REFUSE THE IMPULSE TO BUY. :) Chances are the majority of sales are coming from head-fi'ers. I'm with aleki let's resist and try to get them to bring the price back down. :)

Unfortunately, it was posted in another thread before this...and a MUCH MUCH more populated thread. I am 99% sure that the majority of the buyers are from that site, even though its a generic deals thread not an audiophile community. Still, people jump on bargains because...well, its a bargain. lol

Sep 7, 2012 at 11:42 PM Post #5,535 of 9,815
Quote:

Yeah, I noticed the same thing...I'm holding out.  Are these guys worth the small increase in price???

Yeah, they went up. If you buy two, you can get $10 off with a coupon code B2S10. Brings them back down $10. 

I got some for the international headfiers. Let me know if you want one. No profit for me. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back