The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
Sep 8, 2012 at 3:37 PM Post #5,551 of 9,815
I'm actually sitting in Barnes & Noble in Austin right now with my Uptowns on (listening to BT's Morceau Subrosa) and reading Hi-Fi News. :D

Quote:

Moved to Texas from Arizona a little over two months ago for my job. The first time I purchased from Amazon here, I was shocked to find that taxes were charged. So far, I've coped by making large orders of things I wanted to purchase and shipping them to a friend in AZ, then flying over there pick up the packages. Ironically since I work for an airlines company, the round trip flight ticket to Phoenix and back is less than the taxes Texas charges for any significant Amazon purchase.

On a headphone related note, the Uptowns arrived today, and I was pleasantly surprised to find that they are much more comfortable than I remembered them being in the Best Buy. Kudos to the person who found the $40 deal, I think I'll definitely have a use or two for them in the future. 

Sep 8, 2012 at 8:10 PM Post #5,554 of 9,815
Quote:
I'm actually sitting in Barnes & Noble in Austin right now with my Uptowns on (listening to BT's Morceau Subrosa) and reading Hi-Fi News. :D

damn, wish i had seen the uptowns and jumped on them. i wonder how they compare to my Zoro's....the uptowns look so comfy, kinda reminds me of my D2000. Well...except the D2000 has a place in my heart that prob only it's stronger siblings can replace :p

Sep 8, 2012 at 8:52 PM Post #5,555 of 9,815
Quote:
damn, wish i had seen the uptowns and jumped on them. i wonder how they compare to my Zoro's....the uptowns look so comfy, kinda reminds me of my D2000. Well...except the D2000 has a place in my heart that prob only it's stronger siblings can replace :p

Have been playing with them all of today while going through my library tagging and correcting albums. They sound surprisingly good on rock songs, came across a Paramore song on shuffle and ended up manually going through the entire album.

They are fairly comfy, clamping force is a little tight straight out of the box and the pleather gets hot after hours of usages, but have had them on for a few hrs without any major complaints. Definitely a value buy at $40. It pays to watch this thread I suppose. <:

Sep 9, 2012 at 8:00 PM Post #5,558 of 9,815
To get back to topic, The Sound Professionals sent a promo for ATH-M50's for $109, free shipping, though they do run similar deals periodically on these phones.

Sep 9, 2012 at 10:51 PM Post #5,562 of 9,815
Sep 9, 2012 at 11:25 PM Post #5,564 of 9,815
Quote:
Their shipping is $18.98... I hope that's 1 or 2 day shipping because that's really expensive

probably, but the way I saw it was hey, its still only $230 for HD600's 
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back