The Astell & Kern AK240
Aug 21, 2015 at 5:56 PM Post #7,651 of 9,131

How does one scroll songs and artists now?  Still in alphabetical order and just go down the list? Is there a search bar, I don't remember seeing one on 1.15.

You still have the scroll lever(?), just no alphabet. After using 1.25 for a few days, the missing alpha indicators really isn't that much of a big deal.

Aug 21, 2015 at 5:58 PM Post #7,652 of 9,131

How does one scroll songs and artists now?  Still in alphabetical order and just go down the list? Is there a search bar, I don't remember seeing one on 1.15.

You still have the scroll lever(?), just no alphabet. After using 1.25 for a few days, the missing alpha indicators really isn't that much of a big deal.

So touch the screen on the side and the side bar comes up and you visually see the scrolling so still fast?

Aug 21, 2015 at 6:12 PM Post #7,653 of 9,131

So touch the screen on the side and the side bar comes up and you visually see the scrolling so still fast?

Just like the previous FWs, just a little more guesstimation finding the letter group you're trying to get to.

Aug 22, 2015 at 1:42 AM Post #7,658 of 9,131
Aug 22, 2015 at 10:41 AM Post #7,660 of 9,131

There were a few comments, including mine, that 1.18 had tighter, less muddy bass response.  Well worth upgrading IMHO.

As I mentioned I have tried 1.18, it's better than 1.16, I tried to tell myself to like it, but didn't work out... the more I listened to it the more I missed 1.15. That's just how good 1.15 is to me.

Yes, in fact, after listening to Norah Jones today, I think 1.25 sounds better than 1.18 overall and WAY better than 1.15 

Am I correct to understand that you implied 1.18 was better than 1.15?

Aug 22, 2015 at 10:48 AM Post #7,661 of 9,131

There were a few comments, including mine, that 1.18 had tighter, less muddy bass response.  Well worth upgrading IMHO.

As I mentioned I have tried 1.18, it's better than 1.16, I tried to tell myself to like it, but didn't work out... the more I listened to it the more I missed 1.15. That's just how good 1.15 is to me.

Yes, in fact, after listening to Norah Jones today, I think 1.25 sounds better than 1.18 overall and WAY better than 1.15 

Am I correct to understand that you implied 1.18 was better than 1.15?

I did.  You can search this thread, I think there were others who thought so too.  

Aug 22, 2015 at 11:54 AM Post #7,663 of 9,131
Quick question. After doing a software update should we always do a factory data reset or setting reset afterwards? I never did just curious with the default settings. Thanks
Mike

I was surprised my EQ settings were the same after installing 1.25.  Saved me having to set them up again.  I don't think factory reset will do anything special, just change settings.

Aug 22, 2015 at 1:47 PM Post #7,664 of 9,131

I was surprised my EQ settings were the same after installing 1.25.  Saved me having to set them up again.  I don't think factory reset will do anything special, just change settings.

Assuming this works like other Android updates, then the update itself will tell you that it will reset to factory if it needs to. This will get a little more complicated if and when AK starts supporting some Android apps like Spotify or Tidal.

Aug 22, 2015 at 2:57 PM Post #7,665 of 9,131

Assuming this works like other Android updates, then the update itself will tell you that it will reset to factory if it needs to. This will get a little more complicated if and when AK starts supporting some Android apps like Spotify or Tidal.

After using AK connect, I suspect that AK will "support" Spotify and/or Tidal through AK connect so it might by an iOS or android app depending on your device. I doubt there will be apps or access directly on the AK240 itself. After trying streaming internet radio I bet the basic programming is in place awaiting getting support from the streaming services. All speculation and a little wishful thinking on my part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back