The Astell & Kern AK120
Apr 15, 2014 at 6:39 AM Post #5,716 of 7,071
I transferred lots of music in various formats to the AK120 using jRiver drag & drop. The WAV is all one file but is in the same order as on the computer. It's the FLAC albums that are haphazard. Is there any way of changing the order of songs from the device itself?

I don't think it can be done. But I'll let the other members here help you out with it if they have a solution. 
I even find WAV files too troublesome in terms of the metadata presentation and hence why I choose to just go with my ALACs. (I convert my rips into two formats simultaneously) 

Apr 15, 2014 at 6:48 AM Post #5,717 of 7,071
I don't think it can be done. But I'll let the other members here help you out with it if they have a solution. 
I even find WAV files too troublesome in terms of the metadata presentation and hence why I choose to just go with my ALACs. (I convert my rips into two formats simultaneously) 

I have about 250 WAV tracks in my AK120. It's a fairly long list but I just select the first song of the album I want to listen to and press play. That's not a problem but I can't believe that a DAP in this price range is incapable of playing FLAC albums in their correct sequence. Call me old fashioned but I always listen to albums in their entirety and I like them to be in order.

I'll find a way :)

Apr 15, 2014 at 9:30 PM Post #5,719 of 7,071
.... I can't believe that a DAP in this price range is incapable of playing FLAC albums in their correct sequence. 

Hmmm, can you explain what you mean by "correct sequence".

If the folder is 'Artist - Album Title' and the song files (flac or wav) are preceeded by their order (01, 02, 03..., or A1, A2, B1...) what doesn't play in the correct sequence?

Apr 16, 2014 at 5:48 AM Post #5,721 of 7,071
Hmmm, can you explain what you mean by "correct sequence".

If the folder is 'Artist - Album Title' and the song files (flac or wav) are preceeded by their order (01, 02, 03..., or A1, A2, B1...) what doesn't play in the correct sequence?
I meant that songs weren't playing in their correct order. Track number 1 would become track number 8 etc. Anyway, I've solved the problem and it turned out to be some APE files which I'd ripped from CD using MediaMonkey and transferred to JRiver. The mix up seems to be occurring when the transfer to the AK120 takes place. Nothing to do with the AK120 itself.

Apr 16, 2014 at 6:20 AM Post #5,722 of 7,071
I also like listening to albums in order. I had huge problems with the dx 100 which never got it right with flacs. If the ak120 can't manage flac albums in the correct order mine is going straight back as soon as it arrives. I am also not prepared to rename album tracks to get the software to do what it should be doing in the first place.

Apr 16, 2014 at 7:22 AM Post #5,723 of 7,071
The AK plays files based on tags.  You could call your files 0000-9999 and as long as the tags are correct... no problems.

Apr 16, 2014 at 4:33 PM Post #5,728 of 7,071
I also like listening to albums in order. I had huge problems with the dx 100 which never got it right with flacs. If the ak120 can't manage flac albums in the correct order mine is going straight back as soon as it arrives. I am also not prepared to rename album tracks to get the software to do what it should be doing in the first place.

My error. The albums that were playing in the wrong order were APE files, not FLAC. I didn't realise I had so much music in that format.

Apr 16, 2014 at 4:51 PM Post #5,730 of 7,071
Unless you have multiple disc albums. The AK120 does not see disc number.  I have huge amounts of concert downloads that were categorized by disc and they all play wrong.  I would have to go through them and retag them all 1-99 instead of track number for each disc if i wanted them to play right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back