The Astell & Kern AK120
Apr 13, 2014 at 9:54 PM Post #5,703 of 7,071
Hello All,

Any news about making my AK120 read cu files and split the flac file into tracks accordingly... I have moved to using the Fiio X5 as my main DAP since 2 months now, and the cue splitting is my main reason..

Did Atell &Kern act on this in any way?

Thanks

Apr 13, 2014 at 10:30 PM Post #5,704 of 7,071
  Hello All,

Any news about making my AK120 read cu files and split the flac file into tracks accordingly... I have moved to using the Fiio X5 as my main DAP since 2 months now, and the cue splitting is my main reason..

Did Atell &Kern act on this in any way?

Thanks

Wow, so the X5 will accept the whole FLAC and Cue files and split as it plays.  Does it shuffle songs and include the splits in shuffle mode?

Apr 13, 2014 at 10:43 PM Post #5,705 of 7,071
  Wow, so the X5 will accept the whole FLAC and Cue files and split as it plays.  Does it shuffle songs and include the splits in shuffle mode?

Yes it does all that. The X5 has a dual core Ingenics 4760B CPU, clocked at 600 MHZ, so if the software asks for something the Hardware does it easily. And the frameware does that. It splits the whole Flac shows different song names and other tags accordingly as if they are seperate tracks completely with the correct timing. And to double check I did the shuffle now, and yes it shuffles songs by accessing the cue file and randomly selecting a track from withing the FLAC file

Apr 13, 2014 at 10:46 PM Post #5,706 of 7,071

Yes it does all that. The X5 has a dual core Ingenics 4760B CPU, clocked at 600 MHZ, so if the software asks for something the Hardware does it easily. And the frameware does that. It splits the whole Flac shows different song names and other tags accordingly as if they are seperate tracks completely with the correct timing. And to double check I did the shuffle now, and yes it shuffles songs by accessing the cue file and randomly selecting a track from withing the FLAC file

I have to say, I love my AK240 but wish it would do that.......I tried and it does not. It will play the FLAC file but totally ignores the CUE........

Apr 13, 2014 at 10:46 PM Post #5,707 of 7,071

Having said that, how come Atell & Kern are so lazy to do that in their frameware. They are spending their efforts in dispaying their units in airports and prestiguos selling halls to camp on to high payers for fancy stuff, and forgetting that "we" the music listeners are the ones that need to be pleased first in order for them to survive and over price their stuff!!

Apr 13, 2014 at 11:45 PM Post #5,708 of 7,071
  Having said that, how come Atell & Kern are so lazy to do that in their frameware. They are spending their efforts in dispaying their units in airports and prestiguos selling halls to camp on to high payers for fancy stuff, and forgetting that "we" the music listeners are the ones that need to be pleased first in order for them to survive and over price their stuff!!

Bitch, bitch, bitch.....if you want the 'good stuff' it will be included in the AK480....or the AK960....or the AK1920.
Just shut up, save yur $$$$$$$ and be patient......
biggrin.gif

Apr 14, 2014 at 10:19 AM Post #5,710 of 7,071
Guys,

I am thinking about get the HiFi M8 LX and use ak120's optical output. But it bypasses the DAC, wouldn't it be the same as using the AK100? Thx

Apr 14, 2014 at 10:29 AM Post #5,711 of 7,071
Guys,

I am thinking about get the HiFi M8 LX and use ak120's optical output. But it bypasses the DAC, wouldn't it be the same as using the AK100? Thx

In this case it will be.

Apr 15, 2014 at 5:49 AM Post #5,714 of 7,071
Probably a very old question, but why doesn't the AK120 play albums in the order they're intended to be played? Is there a simple way around this because it's driving me nuts.

Using WAV. No. And that's why I switched to ALAC. And then yes. They do.

Apr 15, 2014 at 6:32 AM Post #5,715 of 7,071
Using WAV. No. And that's why I switched to ALAC. And then yes. They do.

I transferred lots of music in various formats to the AK120 using jRiver drag & drop. The WAV is all one file but is in the same order as on the computer. It's the FLAC albums that are haphazard. Is there any way of changing the order of songs from the device itself?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back