T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Jul 4, 2013 at 10:54 PM Post #1,546 of 2,595
Quote:
haha he's pretty good, older works are much better why of course, but mainly just love that box SWAG.
cool.gif
SO BOSS!!!

You listen to Korean Hip Hop much??? Sh!Ts amazing.

Sometimes. Not much into hip hop, but I do. I have to. I hear it everywhere out in the streets of Seoul.

Jul 4, 2013 at 11:59 PM Post #1,547 of 2,595
Quote:

Wow - great song! I hadn't heard it before. Found the Ellie Goulding version as well (but that Active Child version is da bomb). And yes, it sounded amazing through the H-200's. Thanks!

+
Quote:
Sometimes. Not much into hip hop, but I do. I have to. I hear it everywhere out in the streets of Seoul.

^ Oh WOW, i knew K-hiphop was getting more popular there due to the increased exposure and collaborations with mainstream acts, but it's crazy to hear it's THAT popular. I hope you don't mean artist like G-Dragon, J-Park, etc, cuz i am referring to the underground stuff meng.

Anywho those with the H-200s can you tell me how dirty and nasty the bass is on this track, cuz it's....
basshead.gif

... the Emceeing is probably pretty weak since it's only Reddy but the track is chill.

This track is sexy sounding as hell.... love the beat on this one.

Classic Primary right here.

This track is pretty nice as well, <3 dat beat.

Jul 5, 2013 at 12:24 AM Post #1,548 of 2,595
Quote:
+
^ Oh WOW, i knew K-hiphop was getting more popular there due to the increased exposure and collaborations with mainstream acts, but it's crazy to hear it's THAT popular. I hope you don't mean artist like G-Dragon, J-Park, etc, cuz i am referring to the underground stuff meng.

Anywho those with the H-200s can you tell me how dirty and nasty the bass is on this track, cuz it's....
basshead.gif

... the Emceeing is probably pretty weak since it's only Reddy but the track is chill.

This track is sexy sounding as hell.... love the beat on this one.

Classic Primary right here.

This track is pretty nice as well, <3 dat beat.

Oh. Underground stuff. They are receiving more recognition, but no where near mainstream singers. I'll try to listen to those when I get home.

Jul 5, 2013 at 12:37 AM Post #1,549 of 2,595
Quote:
Oh. Underground stuff. They are receiving more recognition, but no where near mainstream singers. I'll try to listen to those when I get home.

Yeah, the underground is what's up. Mainstream stuff is booty.

Enjoy, guess we shouldn't hijack this thread anymore with all this Korean Hip Hop talk.
deadhorse.gif

That's why i made threads just for this kinda stuff. hoho

http://www.head-fi.org/t/654378/korean-asian-rap-hiphop-appreciation-thread-3-0

http://www.head-fi.org/t/647391/w-rap-sucks-2-0-rap-hiphop-appreciation-thread

Welp i guess it is kinda relevant cuz these H-200s are made and designed in KOOOEEEEEEEEAAAAA!!!
wink.gif

Jul 5, 2013 at 3:06 AM Post #1,550 of 2,595
Quote:

Wow - great song! I hadn't heard it before. Found the Ellie Goulding version as well (but that Active Child version is da bomb). And yes, it sounded amazing through the H-200's. Thanks!

'glad you like it! 
beerchug.gif

Jul 6, 2013 at 1:19 AM Post #1,551 of 2,595
Quote:
I have to say, I'm really impressed by the sound of the H-200, impressions were something I did promise everyone, so initial ones are below.  Final impressions will come up in my full review. 

I'm going to start out with the midrange, I feel that is the part of the H-200 that is more or less the most accurate.  Really, T-Peos did a good job of finding an IEM that would produce the midrange in such a beautiful fashion.  The lower instrumentals have a hint of aggression to them making guitars sound a little alive and detailed while the clarity up top is strong, but never harsh.  Vocals were something that I originally did find sibilant, they have toned down quite a bit; some are still though.  A beautiful balance down low and up top allow for proper vocal reproduction.  The mids are extremely linear in comparison to the rest of the spectrum.

The low end of the spectrum has a strong focus on the sub-bass.  The bass as a whole has a huge focus graphically.  Quicker decay allows the bass to retain strong accuracy.  Texturing is strong, with good presence.  It's a little more solid than it is fluid while the lower bass is strong offering good impacts that actually remain quite controlled and tighter than you'd expect.  That said, the mid-bass punch of the 'phones actually sounds in-line with the rest of the bass.  That said, the graph makes the bass on the H-200 look well out of place and overly strong, it's quite controlled. 

The treble does still have its spike at that 10 kHz.  This can create an upper treble that is a little too metallic and a little sibilant unfortunately, the main complaint I have with the T-Peos.  However, the rest is actually quite strong.  The treble does have good detailing overall with ample extension.  Separation seems a little hindered as it can feel like the upper treble smears a bit more than I'd like.  The lower treble has a very nice presence to it with great extension and overall detailing. 

There's quite a bit that the H-200 does splendidly, the midrange, bass, even much of the treble.  There is some stuff that it makes mistakes on, that 10 kHz spike is the main issue; the dip at the 6k makes it a little worse as well.  By definition, the H-200 is v-shaped, quite honestly, it doesn't feel that way to me...  It just doesn't. 

Curious: which tips are you using? I know that your measurements indicated that there wouldn't be any difference between tips, but I tried out quite a few different tips tonight, and I kept coming back to the h200's large black tips because they seemed to tame that sibilance quite well for me and sounded very good. Fwiw, I'm only at around 30 hours of burn in so far.

Black tips provide tighter bass response but narrows the soundstage. Highs also don't sound as natural IMO.
Grey tips are more airy thus, wider soundstage and more balanced sounding.

Just read the above now. Way to ruin my party d marc0! 
size]

Jul 6, 2013 at 1:34 AM Post #1,552 of 2,595
Quote:

Curious: which tips are you using? I know that your measurements indicated that there wouldn't be any difference between tips, but I tried out quite a few different tips tonight, and I kept coming back to the h200's large black tips because they seemed to tame that sibilance quite well for me and sounded very good. Fwiw, I'm only at around 30 hours of burn in so far.

Just read the above now. Way to ruin my party d marc0! 
size]

I get the sibilance with both, it's the same type I got with the Westone W4 (but to a lesser degree), the treble gets above metallic and starts getting a little metallic at times (not with all songs, but there is a large enough collection of them).  Currently, though, I've swapped back to the translucent grey tips, drive flex is easier to deal with for me with them. 

Remember, the way that one perceives one tip to another is highly dependent on the shape of their ear and how the tip will physically seal with the ear.  Driver flex, to different degrees, can also play a huge roll as well.  I have a feeling this is what is actually creating the differences in sound, not the actual tips themselves.  Of course, if I'm right, that means everyone will have different outcomes with different tips... 

Jul 6, 2013 at 1:42 AM Post #1,553 of 2,595
Quote:

I get the sibilance with both, it's the same type I got with the Westone W4 (but to a lesser degree), the treble gets above metallic and starts getting a little metallic at times (not with all songs, but there is a large enough collection of them).  Currently, though, I've swapped back to the translucent grey tips, drive flex is easier to deal with for me with them. 

The driver flex issue is a strange one. I'm glad that Unity managed to exorcise the flex out of my pair, because I'm not experiencing any. I guess there are a lot of factors that go into it though.

Jul 6, 2013 at 1:45 AM Post #1,554 of 2,595
Medium grey silicone tips work for me. I've noticed that deep insertion is the key to eliminate sibilance.

Jul 6, 2013 at 1:47 AM Post #1,555 of 2,595
All comes down to how you insert them. If you know how to insert them properly you can minimize the flex to almost 0% I don't have any issues.

Regarding the sibilance I think they're pretty well behaved especially with vocals, Ssssh Tttth are much less obvious than many others in my collection.

Jul 6, 2013 at 1:53 AM Post #1,556 of 2,595
Quote:
Medium grey silicone tips work for me. I've noticed that deep insertion is the key to eliminate sibilance.

Deeper insertion has been shown to lower the 10 kHz spike...  You can only insert them so deep though.

Quote:
All comes down to how you insert them. If you know how to insert them properly you can minimize the flex to almost 0% I don't have any issues.

Regarding the sibilance I think they're pretty well behaved especially with vocals, Ssssh Tttth are much less obvious than many others in my collection.

Wish I could say the same...  Smaller ears tend to be more prone to flex unfortunately.  Normally, it's easy for me to fix the issue, with the H-200, it's not as easy.

Sibilance isn't in the vocals, it's more in the cymbals.  As stated, it can get overly metallic and recreate the ch sound a little too strongly. 

Jul 6, 2013 at 1:58 AM Post #1,557 of 2,595
Wish I could say the same...  Smaller ears tend to be more prone to flex unfortunately.  Normally, it's easy for me to fix the issue, with the H-200, it's not as easy.

Sibilance isn't in the vocals, it's more in the cymbals.  As stated, it can get overly metallic and recreate the ch sound a little too strongly. 

I think that depends on your source too, because they can become a little coppery in the upper mids with Colorfly C3 (which has 0.4ohm output impedance) but with something like the Cowon J3 corrects the issue. I think (well to me) they do lean a little cool at times so balancing that out with a slightly warm source evens out the difference. I know what you're talking about in the upper mids they can get a little funky at times, also leads to fatigue when using them at higher volumes. however I don't see it as a major down fall, I would class it as nit picking the IEM for faults. As you've said you really enjoy them, but with some sources for me they can be a little sensitive.

It's strange though that so many members have enjoyed H-200 with pages and pages of positive impressions, then you seem to be suffering this sibilance bringing it up, maybe you're just very sensitive to it as you stated, Westone 4 did something similar to you, yet not many others mention it in the W4 thread.

Jul 6, 2013 at 2:03 AM Post #1,558 of 2,595
Quote:

Deeper insertion has been shown to lower the 10 kHz spike...  You can only insert them so deep though.

Thought I'd pop in to say I don't experience any driver flexing, whatsoever in my pair of H-200's. 

And as of the deeper insertion thing...man...how many ways can one insert their IEMs? 

Jul 6, 2013 at 2:04 AM Post #1,559 of 2,595
Quote:
I think that depends on your source too, because they can become a little coppery in the upper mids with Colorfly C3 (which has 0.4ohm output impedance) but with something like the Cowon J3 corrects the issue. I think (well to me) they do lean a little cool at times so balancing that out with a slightly warm source evens out the difference. I know what you're talking about in the upper mids they can get a little funky at times, also leads to fatigue when using them at higher volumes. however I don't see it as a major down fall, I would class it as nit picking the IEM for faults. As you've said you really enjoy them, but with some sources for me they can be a little sensitive.

It's strange though that so many members have enjoyed H-200 with pages and pages of positive impressions, then you seem to be suffering this sibilance bringing it up, maybe you're just very sensitive to it as you stated, Westone 4 did something similar to you, yet not many others mention it in the W4 thread.

Well, source can always impact everything...  The iPod Touch 5G has a pretty good DAC though XD  There have been a few that have found the W4 sibilant in that area as well.  The upper midrange really isn't really a problem for me. 

Jul 6, 2013 at 2:06 AM Post #1,560 of 2,595
Quote:
Thought I'd pop in to say I don't experience any driver flexing, whatsoever in my pair of H-200's. 

And as of the deeper insertion thing...man...how many ways can one insert their IEMs? 

Shallow and as deep as you can get...  Shallow tends to be more comfortable for many.  Deep is to the reference plane.  So basically, no deep inserted seal means bigger 10 kHz spike = more sibilance. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back