T-Peos H-100 Hybrid IEM Appreciation Thread
Oct 12, 2012 at 9:31 AM Post #31 of 1,259
@CliOS  How's the level of bass compared to the Atomic Floyd Superdarts? I also assume that sibilance is not an issue from looking at the graphs?

It doesn't have as much bass as Superdarts. I will call it above neutral but far from being bass monster. I guess it is about the right amount to hear but not dominating over other frequency. Good detail and sparkle, but no sibilance..

Oct 12, 2012 at 10:41 PM Post #34 of 1,259
ClieOS.. from what you've heard, what's other IEM or headphone does it sound most similar to ?

As far as overall presentation goes, I guess it is similar to the new beyerdynamic XP3, but XP3 is a little more laid back. The best way I can describe H-100 for now, is that it has the airiness and extension Phonak PFE112 and almost the same level of bass punch of Atrio MG7.

Oct 12, 2012 at 11:38 PM Post #35 of 1,259
Quote:
As far as overall presentation goes, I guess it is similar to the new beyerdynamic XP3, but XP3 is a little more laid back. The best way I can describe H-100 for now, is that it has the airiness and extension Phonak PFE112 and almost the same level of bass punch of Atrio MG7.

I very much like that you refer to the treble airiness and extension of the PFE112, sounds all good to me and combined with a decent bass presentation that's not too overwhelming. 

How's the mid range presentation, not too recessed, I hope. By the way do you know what type of single BA driver the H-100 uses? A Knowles Siren driver would be my first guess?

Oct 12, 2012 at 11:45 PM Post #36 of 1,259
The mid isn't recessed at all, but not particularly forward as well. It is well placed to give space but not distanced enough to hurt intimacy. Don't know what driver it uses, but definitely not a Siren since Siren must be rounded and the one in H-100 is the typical boxed shaped. It is not a dual driver so not TWFK as well. But the treble performance does rival any TWFK I have heard.

Oct 12, 2012 at 11:59 PM Post #37 of 1,259
Quote:
The mid isn't recessed at all, but not particularly forward as well. It is well placed to give space but not distanced enough to hurt intimacy. Don't know what driver it uses, but definitely not a Siren since Siren must be rounded and the one in H-100 is the typical boxed shaped. It is not a dual driver so not TWFK as well. But the treble performance does rival any TWFK I have heard.

You're absolutely right. The Siren is tubular shaped. I believe that Knowles have a few other single drivers that are are boxed shaped, I actually think I recall one of them also carries a 60 Ohm like the specifications of the H-100. 

Oct 13, 2012 at 12:10 AM Post #38 of 1,259
You're absolutely right. The Siren is tubular shaped. I believe that Knowles have a few other single drivers that are are boxed shaped, I actually think I recall one of them also carries a 60 Ohm like the specifications of the H-100. 

Actually the spec on their site is misquoted. The actual impedance is a nice 32ohm @ 1kHz. Still you can't tell which BA they used from it since it is the impedance of the crossover circuit and not directly from the BA.

Oct 13, 2012 at 12:47 AM Post #39 of 1,259
Quote:
Actually the spec on their site is misquoted. The actual impedance is a nice 32ohm @ 1kHz. Still you can't tell which BA they used from it since it is the impedance of the crossover circuit and not directly from the BA.

I guess I just have to take my unit apart when it arrives to find out and I may still be confused :)

Oct 13, 2012 at 7:39 PM Post #40 of 1,259
Quote:

you have heard the new XP3! What do you think of it, its nice right! I have a review on here some where :wink:

Oct 14, 2012 at 6:19 AM Post #42 of 1,259
@clieos when wil you be adding a review to iematters?

Oct 14, 2012 at 9:03 AM Post #43 of 1,259

Users who are viewing this thread

Back