T-Peos H-100 Hybrid IEM Appreciation Thread
Oct 16, 2012 at 7:06 PM Post #61 of 1,259
hmm interesting you guys seem to be big fans of forward treble (relative to lower mids) and slight relative upper mids accent.
I guess if it's a common tuning for non mids forward iems it must be good.
I listened to too many 1-2.5k bump iems and speakers, and it sounds completely unnatural to me. not 'balanced' :D, to the point of overall tonality of pieces and balance between instruments and or voice being fairly off and them sounding thin and treble and upper mids heavy.

also, I noticed the plug strain relief was torn out of the box on my pair. (the lowest ring is half torn)

Oct 16, 2012 at 7:13 PM Post #62 of 1,259
Quote:
hmm interesting you guys seem to be big fans of forward treble (relative to lower mids) and slight relative upper mids accent.
I guess if it's a common tuning for non mids forward iems it must be good.
I listened to too many 1-2.5k bump iems and speakers, and it sounds completely unnatural to me. not 'balanced'
biggrin.gif
, to the point of overall tonality of pieces and balance between instruments and or voice being fairly off and them sounding thin and treble and upper mids heavy.
also, I noticed the plug strain relief was torn out of the box on my pair. (the lowest ring is half torn)

Hmm, I would imagine those midhigh regions may be somewhat bothersome as it strayed from the reference point, IME the 4S already pushes limits in those regions. Those peaks would make them a bit tinny/honky in that midrange region but the higher treble spike doesn't look too bad. What's impressive on the GE graphs is that bass response, looks better than even the K3003's, looks like a well tuned dynamic. 

Oct 16, 2012 at 8:14 PM Post #63 of 1,259
The peak between 3 and 4k, after compensation, would be worrisome for me. The mg6pro has a peak there and sounds harsh and echoey to my ears. @svyr, perhaps you hear that peak the same way I do? Anyway, I'd be interested in hearing these but I don't think I'd take the financial risk due to the peak and my previous experience.

Oct 16, 2012 at 9:08 PM Post #64 of 1,259
Agreed, luckily though, adding impedance seems to reduce that, I think 75ohm may have been too extreme though, causing the higher treble to suffer a bit, would be interesting to see a 33ohm load into it. 

Oct 16, 2012 at 10:48 PM Post #65 of 1,259
Ordered. I was looking for a balanced signature with good SQ, ClieOS, how would you compare them to B2 and FXT90 ? Especially soundstage and resolution of B2, punch of FXT90.

Detail wise, T-100 is definitely better behave than B2 with lesser aggression while still almost equal in micro-detail, and it doesn't have sound grainy like FXT90. B2 doesn't have great soundstage, FXT90 is better at this. I'll place H-100 between the two, a little more toward FXT90.

Oct 16, 2012 at 10:58 PM Post #66 of 1,259
Agreed, luckily though, adding impedance seems to reduce that, I think 75ohm may have been too extreme though, causing the higher treble to suffer a bit, would be interesting to see a 33ohm load into it. 

well may be. any idea where to get a 'in cable' 33ohm one?
I found an ok looking 25$ incl regist post 75 ohm one on fleabay, might ask the seller if he can do 30 ohms or 120 ohms for collection completeness.

I think with an adapter it sounds quite nice, and might well sound better on extra 30 ohms vs 75 ohms .

Oct 16, 2012 at 11:00 PM Post #67 of 1,259
So would you say the FXT90 is equal in SQ because I really didn't like the FXT90 at all and I didn't think had the amount of detail as others did.  I know your not saying that they sound the same but does the BA give the H-100 more micro detail over the FXT90?  If you had to compare what IEM would you say the H-100 sounds the most like?

Oct 16, 2012 at 11:05 PM Post #69 of 1,259
So would you say the FXT90 is equal in SQ because I really didn't like the FXT90 at all and I didn't think had the amount of detail as others did.  I know your not saying that they sound the same but does the BA give the H-100 more micro detail over the FXT90?  If you had to compare what IEM would you say the H-100 sounds the most like?

No, I'll place H-100 easy above FXT-90 for overall SQ. The problem with FXT90 is that it has a grainy treble and masking up the fine detail. H-100 doesn't have that problem. Sound signature wise, I'll say H-100 is Triple.fi 10 with a milder V-shaped frequency response and tighter, more textured bass.

Oct 16, 2012 at 11:29 PM Post #70 of 1,259
Oh ok, in that case I do believe I'm going to get me a pair.

Oct 17, 2012 at 7:47 AM Post #72 of 1,259
These seem very interesting... :popcorn:

ClieOS, can you compare them to the GR07, please?

One side of my GR07 just went silence after over a year of faithful service, so I can't exactly give it a full comparison. However, going from memory, I think I might rate H-100 to be a little higher than GR07. Bass is not quite as tight on the H-100, but more in quantity. One area that H-100 is better is on the treble. It can push higher without being edgy like GR07 (which is better at lower volume).

Oct 17, 2012 at 7:52 AM Post #73 of 1,259
Quote:
One side of my GR07 just went silence after over a year of faithful service, so I can't exactly give it a full comparison. However, going from memory, I think I might rate H-100 to be a little higher than GR07. Bass is not quite as tight on the H-100, but more in quantity. One area that H-100 is better is on the treble. It can push higher without being edgy like GR07 (which is better at lower volume).

Thank you! BTW, under which category would you place the H-100 in your Concise Multi-IEM Comparison thread?

Oct 17, 2012 at 8:06 AM Post #74 of 1,259
OK I'm about to get them but one last thing, is the soundstage as spacious as say the TF10 or e-Q5 cuz if so I'm going to order them right now.

Oct 17, 2012 at 8:16 AM Post #75 of 1,259
I went ahead and ordered a pair of the H-100RG and they should be here by the 25th and for free shipping from Korea that's pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back