Soundmagic PL-50 Review
Jul 21, 2009 at 2:09 PM Post #61 of 224
Mark, excellent review and very very nice pics
smily_headphones1.gif

What volume are you using with the PL-50's on your iPod in comparison with the IE7/IE8?

I found them (PL-50's) to be weaker in volume output than both the Senns, W3, UM3X etc, so I wondered whether you'd noticed the same thing or not, or if it's just me. I don't mind if it is just me of course, 'cos that would make me 'special'
icon10.gif

Jul 21, 2009 at 5:40 PM Post #63 of 224
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mark, excellent review and very very nice pics
smily_headphones1.gif

What volume are you using with the PL-50's on your iPod in comparison with the IE7/IE8?

I found them (PL-50's) to be weaker in volume output than both the Senns, W3, UM3X etc, so I wondered whether you'd noticed the same thing or not, or if it's just me. I don't mind if it is just me of course, 'cos that would make me 'special'
icon10.gif

so woman, other than the volume what else did you think of them?? just realised you havent said what you made of them sound wise????

Jul 23, 2009 at 6:57 PM Post #65 of 224
Quote:

Originally Posted by tman1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bump: any new news on these?

[size=small][size=x-small]I don’t know anything exceptional. This week is just almost gone.[/size]
frown.gif
[/size]

Jul 24, 2009 at 1:39 AM Post #67 of 224
Gonna remind those of you who are still waiting, the ETA is meant for SoundMAGIC's production date. They will still need a couple more days to ship the IEM out to the dealers.

Jul 29, 2009 at 4:02 PM Post #69 of 224
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just had this link pointed out to me, a ridiculously cheap price

3.5mm In-Ear Headphone (Black) $38.34 - Free Shipping

Well... the PL30s they sell are real, so I would easily assume these are as well if not for the name... Why would they not bother putting "Soundmagic"??

Jul 29, 2009 at 4:58 PM Post #71 of 224
Quote:

Originally Posted by PharaohsVizier /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Focalprice says "Yes, the PL 50 will show on line on July 23th or about." )

right on time for focalprice, so they might be real.

I am not posting this to convince people to take a risk and ordering them, just trying to calm my nerves down after I pulled the trigger.
wink.gif

Aug 1, 2009 at 9:34 AM Post #74 of 224
the jazz have a great big fat low end on them. the pl-50 are more detailed no question and have wonderful mids and highs but as with a lot of armature things for those used to big fat flabby bass monster dynamics they will feel lacking in bass. the pl-50 is all about clean pure listeing where you can hear everything (within reason of course)

the jazz is what normal people would call balanced, everythings there but with a big abundant bass. lots of bass indeed but it never takes over or grows beyond where it should be (thinking cx300 here, bass takes over everything)

pl-50 awsome mids and v good highs but a bit light on bass for some

jazz good mids, decent highs and woosh a big kick ass dollop of bass

Aug 1, 2009 at 9:44 AM Post #75 of 224
how would these compare with the re0? im liking the re0, but it just doesnt provide enough isolation

Users who are viewing this thread

Back