Soundmagic PL-50 Review
Jul 6, 2009 at 6:12 PM Post #31 of 224
Hmm, these are looking pretty good. What would you say are the major differences/improvements from the PL-30s?

Oh, and fancy seeing you here Pharaoh
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 7, 2009 at 4:45 PM Post #34 of 224
Quote:

Originally Posted by koalkoal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just find that I can't see all the pictures in the review, is there any problem with the pictures or my computer?

Pics are fine here. Must be you.

Jul 7, 2009 at 4:52 PM Post #35 of 224
Thanks Mark! The comparison pics with the SE530 and IE7 really put into perspective just how small the PL-50s are.

Quote:

Just find that I can't see all the pictures in the review, is there any problem with the pictures or my computer?

Sometimes I have the same problem, but all of the pics show up after refreshing the page. Perhaps an issue with flickr?

More importantly: If you knew these were going to be popular, why did your company decide to produce only 100 of these babies? You guys need to take more risks if you want to successfully take over the audio world.
tongue.gif

Jul 7, 2009 at 5:04 PM Post #36 of 224
Quote:

Those images are hosted on Flickr, which is known to be blocked out by Chinese ISP from time to time. You can try reloading the first page through a proxy.

Jul 9, 2009 at 1:03 AM Post #38 of 224
Mark2410 or ClieOS,

One more question if you don't mind - do these hiss at all with your MP3 players or more notably with portable amps?

I was sensitive to this with my Soundmagic PL30 - and ended up giving them away for this reason. The latest Beta Brainwavz review on Anythingbutipod.com commented that the Beta's tend to hiss with most sources as well.

Have you noticed any hissing in moments of track silence with either the Beta Brainwavz or the Soundmagic PL50?

Jul 9, 2009 at 1:28 AM Post #39 of 224
Quote:

Originally Posted by PolloLoco /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was sensitive to this with my Soundmagic PL30 - and ended up giving them away for this reason. of track silence with either the Beta Brainwavz or the Soundmagic PL50?

This is very much dependent on the source as well as the volume settings used. I cannot hear any hiss with the PL30 straight out of my clip, but I can if I add a cheap amp E3/E5. This is remedied on the E5 bu turning the amp volume all the way down and the source volume all the way up. No hiss at all. Even high-impedance phones can hiss out of a poor source. I can plug my 132 ohm Koss's straight into my motherboard headphone jack and they will still hiss.

Jul 9, 2009 at 2:24 AM Post #40 of 224
Quote:

Originally Posted by kjk1281 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
More importantly: If you knew these were going to be popular, why did your company decide to produce only 100 of these babies? You guys need to take more risks if you want to successfully take over the audio world.
tongue.gif

Thanks for the comment, the mass lot will be ready next week, all of you can get them soon. We will make more for the new model in the future.
wink_face.gif

Jul 9, 2009 at 7:49 AM Post #41 of 224
Quote:

Originally Posted by PolloLoco /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mark2410 or ClieOS,

One more question if you don't mind - do these hiss at all with your MP3 players or more notably with portable amps?

I was sensitive to this with my Soundmagic PL30 - and ended up giving them away for this reason. The latest Beta Brainwavz review on Anythingbutipod.com commented that the Beta's tend to hiss with most sources as well.

Have you noticed any hissing in moments of track silence with either the Beta Brainwavz or the Soundmagic PL50?

well the hiss is dependant on your player not the IEM, there was a little from my ipod hp out but nothing that was really any bother.

Jul 9, 2009 at 9:42 AM Post #43 of 224
Agree with Joker and Mark. I didn't hear any hiss on PL-30, PL-50, or even beta Brainwaz. My usual source, which are my PC -> 3MOVE or Fuze(LOD) -> 3MOVE, generate very little hiss.

Jul 9, 2009 at 10:52 AM Post #44 of 224
Gotcha - I realize the source is key, but my PL30's hissed more than any of my other headphones. I attributed that to the low impedance. With my E5 amp, the Sennheiser CX500's only hissed at the highest volume. I know the PL50's and Beta Brainwavz have a higher impedance, so I was surprised to see the Beta review on the main page of anythingbutipod comment about the hiss.

I'll probably end up picking up the PL50's, thanks guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back